Can we Terminate Loans Prematurely ?

wd1872

I would keep Ejaria and Coulibaly until January and at which time terminate both of the contracts and look to bring in two quality midfielders

Both showed a lot of early promise but have been awful in recent weeks

Ejaria actually has footballing ability, but he's not ours and hes nowhere near consistent enough to wait on his potential. He goes missing far too often for my liking. Not enough end product to his game, he'll do a nice turn in the middle of the park but when we are crying out for a shot on goal or a decisive pass he just hasn't got it.

Coulibaly initally looked like he would be class at this level but it just goes to show you have to give a player a good 15-20 games before you can give any kind of judgement.

I would much rather bring genuine quality (not a loan) and also focus on young midfielders like Ross McCrorie instead of over reliance on a loan system which hasn't delivered a great deal of success for us.

I think McCrorie will start the next couple of games. Bar his red card against St Mirren he’s done nothing wrong and on current form is better than Coulibaly.
He should have be3n in weeks ago, far better player than anything that was on the park tonight.

Coulibaly and Ejaria would be better if they weren't relied upon week in and week out. They've shown at times they're good players but asking inexperienced players to come in and play nearly every match without having dips in form is tough. We need to improve the midfield but lets not end up having 3 midfielders because we've binned some of them

Ejaria's attitude is fvcking rotten. Young boy should be breaking his neck to get better and make things happen but he never breaks sweat. Get him to %^*&.

Ejaria disgusts me at times.

Coulibaly just looks quite clueless as to what a center midfield player is supposed to do.
They're both not ready....Ejaria has talent but can't do it consistently in the last 3rd....Coulibaly isn't playing CM

Coulibaly is like Sean Goss all over again.... a few good games initially getting us to clamour for us to sign him permanently, then turns to dogshit. He is incapable of successfully passing the ball forward and the midfield 'destroyer' we hoped for he is not. I guess it's clear now why he has been loaned out by Angers.

Ejaria has bags of talent but every now and then you get these games where he’s almost too nonchalant, like he’s having a kick about when we’re trying to win a really important game of football.

He’s young enough that it may be something that changes with time, but unfortunately we don’t have time.

They're both not ready....Ejaria has talent but can't do it consistently in the last 3rd....Coulibaly isn't playing CM

Ejaria just shows flashes, and that seems to get him by. Not my type of player at all.

Coulibaly offers even less imo, can’t pass, can’t shoot, has little vision, loses possession, offers nothing from set pieces.

Feel its too early to ditch Ejaria & Coulibaly. The former has been one of our consistent performers thus far this season, yes he is experiencing a dip in form but lets see if he recovers. Same goes for Coulibaly, whom many would have signed first of all the loanees not so long ago. He showed early in the season what he is capably of, he simply strode past defenders. However, I wonder if he is fully recovered from his injury. He was out for much longer than we originally anticipated and it could be that whilst he has recovered, he might not be back to 100%. Also I dont think him and Jack can play in the same team, but id give him the saeason to see if he can recover his early season form or was it a flash in the pan

Oh for %^*& sake, not long ago these boys were heroes. Is this really the time to write them off because of one bad game?

They’ve been poor for a while. Been getting carried by the rest of the team in recent games.

It is time for Rossitor to start being developed instead of a Liverpool player and an Angers player.

Rossiter simply cannot be relied upon. Nothing to do with ability btw.

We need to go in to the January transfer market and aggressively pursue a couple of quality midfielders that can control a game and find a teammate with more than 50% of passes!

Arfield proved to be a huge miss.

Moving on (until January anyway), I'd like to see us go with a three of Arfield, Jack, and Rossiter/McCrorie.

We need more quality than we currently have.
McCrorie is not the answer though.

Totally agree.

McCrorie is ok but not what we need if we want to push forward. Honestly think we’ll sign Coulibaly as I think we’ll get him cheap but Ejaria is just not consistent/creative/quick thinking enough to play number 10

Rossiter simply cannot be relied upon. Nothing to do with ability btw.

We need to go in to the January transfer market and aggressively pursue a couple of quality midfielders that can control a game and find a teammate with more than 50% of passes!

They have gotten to the bottom of his injury and he has featured recently. I get that we are protecting him, but there will come a time when he needs to start getting games under his belt. Now is that time.

One transfer window. That's what the management team have had.

These guys have been brought in very quickly, on loan and can now be assessed.
Steven Gerrard will know now that titles will not be won with these boys in the engine room.

We're in the mix now, no chances can be taken.

Far too often Ejaria is content to pass the ball sideways and backwards or turn himself outside in 30/40 yards from goal when there’s no one near him. Absolutely infuriating. I wouldn’t be terminating his deal but he needs to get his finger out sharpish.

After Coulibaly’s early promise he looks like a rabbit in the headlights now.

Think it’s time to give Rossiter a chance. I think he offers more than Coulibaly and Ejaria is nice to watch on the ball but offers very little going forward. Also, Rossiter is our own player.

I would keep Ejaria and Coulibaly until January and at which time terminate both of the contracts and look to bring in two quality midfielders

Both showed a lot of early promise but have been awful in recent weeks

Ejaria actually has footballing ability, but he's not ours and hes nowhere near consistent enough to wait on his potential. He goes missing far too often for my liking. Not enough end product to his game, he'll do a nice turn in the middle of the park but when we are crying out for a shot on goal or a decisive pass he just hasn't got it.

Coulibaly initally looked like he would be class at this level but it just goes to show you have to give a player a good 15-20 games before you can give any kind of judgement.

I would much rather bring genuine quality (not a loan) and also focus on young midfielders like Ross McCrorie instead of over reliance on a loan system which hasn't delivered a great deal of success for us.
apart from being joint top of the league and being in the group phase of the Europa league we've done fvck all.o_O

apart from being joint top of the league and being in the group phase of the Europa league we've done fvck all.o_O

I was referring to the overall success/failure rate of players we have signed on loan. IMO there has been more fails than successes and we need to stop over relying on this particular avenue for signing players.

It's also greatly harming the progress of our own up and coming players.

Not a knee jerk reaction but I have never gotten the fuss over Ejaria, he has a nice touch, sometimes. But man does he take the sting out of games at times and can be so casual on the ball. Tonight he was utterly abysmal.

I actually despise this over reliance on loans, especially when we have players in the squad who are just as good if not better than the loan options.

yes Walter Smith never wanted too many loan players

our midfield is weak.. there isnt one quality player and why we drop ross mccrorie for coulibaly confuses me....

Back