Can we Terminate Loans Prematurely ?

I can't disagree with anything you've said there.
I can.
Expect to supplement our budget with loans and just fuck anyone who isn't quite first choice league winner into the muddy gutter.
And expect more loans.
So full of shite I can't even believe the OP has done anything bar write it for shock value and to suck in a few mentally challengeds and fuds.

Should they both be in the team come Feb?
Hopefully not unless they improve.
Should we enhance the midfield? Absolutely.
Should a waster like Sadiq be fired out head first? Absolutely.
Should 2 talented kids who have struggled after the initial adrenaline rush, be sneared at and told to bugger off?
Only in the eyes of clowns and mentally challengeds.

All in my very humblest of opinions, without prjudice against anyone!
WATP!

I’ve been a massive fan of Ejaria but I have to admit that he’s starting to frustrate me. Not so much because of the player he is (he has awesome ball control etc), but the player he isn’t. We badly need a playmaker who can burst forward with the ball and play a killer pass, or shoot on goal. We’re too static and need that dynamic type of midfielder to mix up our play.

Far too often Ejaria is content to pass the ball sideways and backwards or turn himself outside in 30/40 yards from goal when there’s no one near him. Absolutely infuriating. I wouldn’t be terminating his deal but he needs to get his finger out sharpish.

After Coulibaly’s early promise he looks like a rabbit in the headlights now.

Rossiter, McCrorrie, and Jack will end up having far better careers than both I feel.
Unless they improve or get lucky.

Both are more skillful than those mentioned above, Kent falls into the same bracket for me.
Gerrard is trying to enhance natural skill and add the fight and dig because logically it seems easier.
Personally I think improving the others will prove easier long term.

Grezda is a class act by the way.
When he is match fit, he will destroy teams.

Rossiter, McCrorrie, and Jack will end up having far better careers than both I feel.
Unless they improve or get lucky.

Both are more skillful than those mentioned above, Kent falls into the same bracket for me.
Gerrard is trying to enhance natural skill and add the fight and dig because logically it seems easier.
Personally I think improving the others will prove easier long term.

Grezda is a class act by the way.
When he is match fit, he will destroy teams.

I had hoped Grezda would add the spark we needed but it never really happened for him. Lafferty doesn’t offer the same link up play as Morelos and Grezda probably suffered for it.

Ejaria just shows flashes, and that seems to get him by. Not my type of player at all.

Coulibaly offers even less imo, can’t pass, can’t shoot, has little vision, loses possession, offers nothing from set pieces.
We need real men in our midfield...simple as that

I told FF from day 1 Ejaria is not a footballer, a total and utter man short every game.

And you were totally wrong then as you utterly are now.
He’s hot and cold and finding his way and will most likely go back to Anfield and end up in the Championship, but he is a footballer and we’re not a man short when he plays.
We are a man short when we’re a man short though and that needs to stop.
Alfredo, you reading this ?

Ejaria has bags of talent but every now and then you get these games where he’s almost too nonchalant, like he’s having a kick about when we’re trying to win a really important game of football.

He’s young enough that it may be something that changes with time, but unfortunately we don’t have time.
Nonchalant is one word. I prefer to use six. Can’t be arsed breaking a sweat.

I would much rather bring genuine quality (not a loan) and also focus on young midfielders like Ross McCrorie instead of over reliance on a loan system which hasn't delivered a great deal of success for us.

Of course. But we can't afford genuine quality.

I told FF from day 1 Ejaria is not a footballer, a total and utter man short every game.

You criticise every player. Ejaria has played well and contributed throughout the season thus far. But he's young/inexperienced and is playing far more than SG anticipated. He'll be inconsistent.

Haven’t read the full thread after the first post but Big Ross must be a better option than our current central midfield

We missed Arfield massively today. He's the only one of our midfield who has the drive to take us further up the pitch. Even McGregor does more to get us going forward when we're needing a goal than Ejaria or Coulibaly.

I like Ejaria, he’s frustrating but he’s clearly a very talented player who on the whole has been good for us imo.

Coulibaly? I’m sorry but I just don’t see it at the moment.

Coulibaly just looks quite clueless as to what a center midfield player is supposed to do.

Can't disagree, the games pass him by a lot of the time. Greater concern is that our manager is one of the modern great central midfielders but persists with a guy who really is struggling to put in a decent 90 minutes these past 2 months.
If SG can't spot our midfield problems we really are in bother.

I couldnt care less if Coulibally went back to France tommorow. He was poor Sunday and poor today. Poor is being generous, I am so glad he is just a loan tbh.

I think both will be dropped for Dundee either mccrorie and rossiter in along side arfield.

Constructive criticism when it's due, if Gerrard tries and fails again with that pair then he is bringing trouble on himself by missing the glaringly obvious

You're one of the most negative folk that ever posts on here. Oddly quiet when players you've slagged are doing well, but after a poor performance frothing at the gash to come on and tell us how you were right.

So for that reason, I'll trust both Steven Gerrard and Jürgen Klopp's judgement over yours.

we need drive and pace and aggression

we don't need any more 30 something players on the down hill from a career in the EPL
We need someone who will show for the ball and dictate play,Davis fits the ball.
We also need a player for the things that you say as well

our midfield is weak.. there isnt one quality player and why we drop ross mccrorie for coulibaly confuses me....

I don't agree that it's weak. It's thin due to injuries and suspension but a line up in midfield for example, Kent, McCrorie, Arfield, Candieas, that is a strong midfield. We lose players and have to field the weaker ones.

I actually despise this over reliance on loans, especially when we have players in the squad who are just as good if not better than the loan options.
To me it’s that we have players who are as bad as the loan players but the point remains the same. We should always look to buy and develop our own. We have four loan players who feature regularly and that is far too much. I know it’s partly from where we are coming from after all we have been through but we need to buy an attacking midfielder in January and send Ejaria back to Liverpool.

For all the multitude of midfielder we have, I would probably say none are good enough.

Ejaria has worried me from day one. He cost us in the old firm game and again last night he is playing in a gear below what is needed. He has all the talent in the world but he plays football in mud.
He could and should be dominating games and driving in and linking the play. Instead he plays slow passes and slows the play down all the time and it is painful to watch.
Coulibally has just disappeared and got gradually worse week by week to the point he does not even look like a footballer any more.

I was thinking the same with Ejaria,he’s still young but we need a guy in there who is going to grab the game and dictate play,Ejaria will never be that man for us.
I’d give him back to Liverpool in January if the option is there and go for Dowell at Everton who we’ve been linked with.

Coulibaly can still offer something I feel,I’d keep him till the summer and reassess then.

Don't know what's happened to Coulibaly but since his injury he's been really poor and it's time for a spell on the bench. Ejaria last night was poor and has been for the last couple of games but in the whole he's done ok for me looks a bit short in confidence at the moment.

We should be bringing McCrorie on as he's our player. If he's not good enough then move him on but he's shown enough to suggest he deserves a chance. Coulibaly is not the same player he was in the first few weeks of the season and is not ours

It is time for Rossitor to start being developed instead of a Liverpool player and an Angers player.

Rossiter is the type of creative player who we needed on the park last night to take control of the midfield and drive the attack. Starting with Jack coulibally and ejaria all you get is sideways passing and passing it back to the defenders there's rarely any killer pass or a shot on goal from those 3 together.

Ejaria is an enigma.
Flatters to deceive most of the time.
Coulibaly is a strange one, as he has shown that he can command a midfield and chase down opponents, but that has all gone since his injury.
Frustrating.

Both showed good promise when the weather was fine. Fair to say they don't perform well in the cold Scottish winter.

I don’t think Docherty and McRorie would offer any less than Ejaria and Coulibaly just now.

Rossiter is the type of creative player who we needed on the park last night to take control of the midfield and drive the attack. Starting with Jack coulibally and ejaria all you get is sideways passing and passing it back to the defenders there's rarely any killer pass or a shot on goal from those 3 together.

Would like to see Rossiter & Docherty (our players) before Ejaria & Coulibaly (other teams players - loans).

Ejaria suits certain games, but games like last night when we are chasing a goal he absolutely does not. He's has tidy feet, but doesn't cover much ground, doesn't have a defence splitting range of passing and has a powder puff shot. He was infuriating last night, albeit he wasn't alone.

As for Coulibaly, right now I've literally no idea what he's offering us and he most certainly cannot play in the same midfield as Jack, especially at Ibrox.

If we have any true title aspirations, we need at least two entirely different players in midfield signed in Jan. I get its a hard month to do business, but I'm sorry, Ejaria and Coulibaly are not a title winning midfield as there will be other games like last night to come as they can't mix their game up enough. I hate sounding harsh towards two young players on loan, but that's how I see things. We can get by with our defence and our attacking options, but not the middle of the park.

I've been very supportive of Coulibaly but it's not working atm. He doesn't seem to understand his role and he needs a break to try and re-discover his earlier form.
Ejaria - I don't know. Occasionally he's looked like a fine player but his attitude is just not what we require in there. I was going spare at him at Tynecastle for walking about like he was playing a friendly instead of a battle where we were down to 10 men. If you looked 'EPL academy player' up in the dictionary he'd be smiling back at you. Plently of talent, but used to a much slower pace of game. Can't help but think of Zelalem or Hyndman.

Coulibaly has never fancied it since he came back from that injury sustained against St. Mirren at Ibrox.

he was bloody fantastic earlier in the season, he is an utter shell to what he was from back then.

he was that good people on here were pretty much falling over themselves demanding that we signed him full time.

we need drive and pace and aggression

we don't need any more 30 something players on the down hill from a career in the EPL

There was a thread resurfaced with a whole bunch of posters saying this about McGregor. Who is now arguably our best player.

Which is why I am open to these moves if it makes sense. Davis absolutely makes sense.

Back