Can you help support the Lee Rigby Foundation, The Rangers Charity Foundation and Bury AFC Shakers Community ?

The above all need financial assistance as their charitable donations have been hit by the current pandemic.

The Lee Rigby Foundation plan to purchase of a number of static caravans. These will be available to families who have lost a loved one in military service and for Veterans and their families who need a break. They have been further affected by the politicising of Lee's name and the caravan remains out of reach currently. A black tie dinner and the annual charity game were both postponed.

The Rangers Charity Foundation deliver a diverse range of charitable community programmes from diversity and inclusion to Health and wellbeing, in conjunction with managing the Ibrox Community Hub and again funds have been affected and events cancelled.

Bury AFC aim to invest in improving facilities for their disabled supporters and other community projects. Both their main fundraisers have been cancelled.

A number of fans from both Bury and Rangers got together and came up with this …..

On Saturday the of 4th July 2020 at 3pm, a virtual friendly will see a selection of footballing titans from across the generations of both teams take the field in an Esports match up for your viewing pleasure! Nominated players of each team will take control of their favourite players with the ultimate goal of securing the inaugural Lee Rigby Foundation Trophy.

If you can spare any money during these difficult times the above will make good use of your donation

Donations can be made here https://buryafc.uk/donations/virtual-friendly/

There is additional information re the game on a separate thread entitled Virtual Friendly

thanks for reading

The above all need financial assistance as their charitable donations have been hit by the current pandemic.

The Lee Rigby Foundation plan to purchase of a number of static caravans. These will be available to families who have lost a loved one in military service and for Veterans and their families who need a break. They have been further affected by the politicising of Lee's name and the caravan remains out of reach currently. A black tie dinner and the annual charity game were both postponed.

The Rangers Charity Foundation deliver a diverse range of charitable community programmes from diversity and inclusion to Health and wellbeing, in conjunction with managing the Ibrox Community Hub and again funds have been affected and events cancelled.

Bury AFC aim to invest in improving facilities for their disabled supporters and other community projects. Both their main fundraisers have been cancelled.

A number of fans from both Bury and Rangers got together and came up with this …..

On Saturday the of 4th July 2020 at 3pm, a virtual friendly will see a selection of footballing titans from across the generations of both teams take the field in an Esports match up for your viewing pleasure! Nominated players of each team will take control of their favourite players with the ultimate goal of securing the inaugural Lee Rigby Foundation Trophy.

If you can spare any money during these difficult times the above will make good use of your donation

There is additional information re the game on a separate thread entitled Virtual Friendly

thanks for reading
This is a First. A Virtual Football match like FIFA, but between real Legends of Rangers and Bury.
Donate what you can, from £1 up to buy a ticket. I donated £20 plus admin costs.
And dont think you Rangers are going to rumble us Shakers. Our World number One goalie Neville Southall will keep a clean sheet, our legends back line will be well drilled by the awesome Lee Dixon, we have the better brother of Liverpool's Alan Kennedy, our Keith, our rock solid centre halves of Butler and Lucketti will take no prisoners and let no one past. ( hope you dont have a player called noone)
Bury midfield maestro's and World superstars Colin Bell and Terry McDermott will sort out the middle of the park and our goal getting legends Craig Madden, Andy Bishop and Ryan Lowe will take your lot by surprise.
So get ready, The Shakers are coming
And good luck

thanks for reading
My post from elsewhere below. WE NEED YOU BEARS. I can't bear (no pun intended) the thought of giving Lee Rigby's Mum a couple of grand...I'd be embarrassed. COME ON, PLEASE...WE NEED YOU:

DONATE HERE: For the Lee Rigby Memorial Virtual Friendly

It's for great causes, especially the Lee Rigby Foundation and whilst donations are whatever you can afford...quite a few are going for amounts that mean something, e.g. £19.87 (Lee's year of birth), £20.13 (the year Lee was murdered) or some date/number that means something to you/our clubs, e.g. £18.85 (the year we were formed)...you get the idea.

I've gone for £47.87 (4/7/87 was Lee's date of birth). But there's no pressure...if someone can only afford a tenner or a fiver or a quid, that's fine. The match is on Saturday, 4th of July (Lee's birthday) at 3pm...

The Mother of murdered soldier Lee Rigby has told how Rangers fans have become “a second family” to her after her son’s death.

Lee's funeral at Bury Parish Church, with a packed Bury town centre...it all fits man:

LEST WE FORGET:

_68695286_rigby_cortege_soldiers.jpg

Bury boys in London v Charlton away (won 1-0): :))

59cadccb08087_BuryFCLeeRigbyFlag.jpg.c81783e4a8aacb16719d4a3ecbe4c980.jpg.f7785438a6c158a585d5aab343e276c8.jpg

Your amazing Flag at Ibrox:

lr.jpg

My post from elsewhere below. WE NEED YOU BEARS. I can't bear (no pun intended) the thought of giving Lee Rigby's Mum a couple of grand...I'd be embarrassed. COME ON, PLEASE...WE NEED YOU:

It's for great causes, especially the Lee Rigby Foundation and whilst donations are whatever you can afford...quite a few are going for amounts that mean something, e.g. £19.87 (Lee's year of birth), £20.13 (the year Lee was murdered) or some date/number that means something to you/our clubs, e.g. £18.85 (the year we were formed)...you get the idea.

I've gone for £47.87 (4/7/87 was Lee's date of birth). But there's no pressure...if someone can only afford a tenner or a fiver or a quid, that's fine. The match is on Saturday, 4th of July (Lee's birthday) at 3pm...

The Mother of murdered soldier Lee Rigby has told how Rangers fans have become “a second family” to her after her son’s death.

Lee's funeral at Bury Parish Church, with a packed Bury town centre...it all fits man:

LEST WE FORGET:

_68695286_rigby_cortege_soldiers.jpg

Bury boys in London v Charlton away (won 1-0): :))

59cadccb08087_BuryFCLeeRigbyFlag.jpg.c81783e4a8aacb16719d4a3ecbe4c980.jpg.f7785438a6c158a585d5aab343e276c8.jpg

Your amazing Flag at Ibrox:

lr.jpg
What brilliant flags

:cool:Any truth in the rumours that if or more when we win that you guys are buying the first round when we come down for a game
Haha. I've already promised that when you come down, you won't need to buy a single pint, never mind the first round.

Actually, thinking about it, that was for you and will defo happen. But 50 Scots in Bury and then presumably Manchester, could cause serious damage and I'm talking about to our wallets!

Seriously though, well I am being serious actually. Hah. You will be treated like royalty.

You lot are so crazy, that a squaddie has contacted me and is thinking of running to a match, with a group of his army mates. They're based locally and I've suggested doing that as a fund raiser too! One army lad running five miles to a match is pretty unique, let alone about ten! And I've already promised they won't need to buy a drink all day and we'll put them in taxis back to their Base and pay for them too.

So it's happening anyway Billy boy...you know how much we think of you and the rest of the Bears down in Lancashire.

WATP!

Will make another wee donation when I get home tonight.

C‘mon bears dig deep if you can.
It is really appreciated
I dont think people understand what a great 'first' this event is
It will be a massive achievement too
Well done to all of the organisers
And i hope the charities benefit greatly.
It will be sad if we can only get a wheel for the caravan in the Lee Rigby Foundation Charity

It is really appreciated
It will be sad if we can only get a wheel for the caravan in the Lee Rigby Foundation Charity
Unfortunately up here the media won't advertise anything like this, only negative and made up stuff, a shame as genuine charities like these could be doing with publicity

It is really appreciated
Unfortunately it was never going to raise huge amounts.
Lack of proper promotion and the current financial situation for a lot of folk seen to that.
Hopefully we’ll get a late rush.
Well done to all involved though.

Unfortunately it was never going to raise huge amounts.
Lack of proper promotion and the current financial situation for a lot of folk seen to that.
Hopefully we’ll get a late rush.
Well done to all involved though.
Could you imagine though, if just 50,000 Gers (from your millions of fans) from all around the world (I'd love Rangers PR/Marketing Department to send an email out to everyone on their database btw - why can't they?) donated a fiver? £250K minimum. What about a tenner each? £500K.

I'D LOVE TO SEE LEE'S MUM'S FACE, SHE & LEE's FAMILY DESERVE IT, ALONG WITH MANY OTHERS:

What a 4 minutes that was...I remember watching it live but the video makes it even more special. Just a shame away fans are limited at Old Firm games now.

Anyway, shameless plug (you've only got 3 more days of us!!!)...must be worth 4 quid (a quid a minute) of anybody's money or the £9.98 that Sky charged to watched the match or some random amount like say £16.90...you get the idea: ;)

I've gone for £47.87 (4/7/87 was Lee's date of birth). But there's no pressure...if someone can only afford a tenner or a fiver or a quid, that's fine, in fact, even more generous. The match is on Saturday, 4th of July (Lee's birthday) at 3pm...

Haha. I've already promised that when you come down, you won't need to buy a single pint, never mind the first round.

Actually, thinking about it, that was for you and will defo happen. But 50 Scots in Bury and then presumably Manchester, could cause serious damage and I'm talking about to our wallets!

Seriously though, well I am being serious actually. Hah. You will be treated like royalty.

You lot are so crazy, that a squaddie has contacted me and is thinking of running to a match, with a group of his army mates. They're based locally and I've suggested doing that as a fund raiser too! One army lad running five miles to a match is pretty unique, let alone about ten! And I've already promised they won't need to buy a drink all day and we'll put them in taxis back to their Base and pay for them too.

So it's happening anyway Billy boy...you know how much we think of you and the rest of the Bears down in Lancashire.

WATP!
I'll second that what Andy's said, a full day on real ale you can't beat it, Andy loves his real ale ;)

My choices!

I known it’s not a perfectly balanced team - who would you choose between The Wee Blue Devil or Coop on the left side up front? - but player availability is a challenge every coach must face.

Some players I have only seen on grainy old clips or read about - but they were all heroes in their day and part of The Glasgow Rangers Story.

1/ Andy Goram
2/ Sandy Jardine
3/ George Young
4/ Richard Gough
5/ John Greig
6/ Jim Baxter
7/ Graeme Souness
8/ Colin Stein
9/ Ally McCoist
10/ Alan Morton
11/ Davie Cooper

12/ Chris Woods
13/ Brian Laudrup
14/ Sam English
15/ Billy Simpson
16/ Johnny Hubbard
17/ Tom Vallance
18/ Willie Henderson

My choices!

I known it’s not a perfectly balanced team - who would you choose between The Wee Blue Devil or Coop on the left side up front? - but player availability is a challenge every coach must face.

Some players I have only seen on grainy old clips or read about - but they were all heroes in their day and part of The Glasgow Rangers Story.

1/ Andy Goram
2/ Sandy Jardine
3/ George Young
4/ Richard Gough
5/ John Greig
6/ Jim Baxter
7/ Graeme Souness
8/ Colin Stein
9/ Ally McCoist
10/ Alan Morton
11/ Davie Cooper

12/ Chris Woods
13/ Brian Laudrup
14/ Sam English
15/ Billy Simpson
16/ Johnny Hubbard
17/ Tom Vallance
18/ Willie Henderson

It's a pity some of our older players are often forgotten.
My late father often raved about his favourite ever player, Alex Scott.
Billy Simpson was another favourite of my Da and he was like a daft big wean when Simpson became a close neighbour.

My choices!

1/ Andy Goram
2/ Sandy Jardine
3/ George Young
4/ Richard Gough
5/ John Greig
6/ Jim Baxter
7/ Graeme Souness
8/ Colin Stein
9/ Ally McCoist
10/ Alan Morton
11/ Davie Cooper

12/ Chris Woods
13/ Brian Laudrup
14/ Sam English
15/ Billy Simpson
16/ Johnny Hubbard
17/ Tom Vallance
18/ Willie Henderson
Is that 2 English goalkeepers?!

No Gazza?

Top team/squad though.

My choices!

1/ Andy Goram
2/ Sandy Jardine
3/ George Young
4/ Richard Gough
5/ John Greig
6/ Jim Baxter
7/ Graeme Souness
8/ Colin Stein
9/ Ally McCoist
10/ Alan Morton
11/ Davie Cooper

12/ Chris Woods
13/ Brian Laudrup
14/ Sam English
15/ Billy Simpson
16/ Johnny Hubbard
17/ Tom Vallance
18/ Willie Henderson

Shocked there’s no Gazza in there Mark!

Many thanks to everyone who has supported this event. As @R11 BFC, @GTshaker1903, @Kingcreo-sote have said above, please can we give this a big push in the last few days? We didn’t want to raise a couple of grand, we wanted much more than that. The charities deserve it, even if you believe Bury AFC don’t. Please donate what you can, and share the link far and wide. Let’s do what we can to replace the events that The Lee Rigby Foundation have lost due to the pandemic.

Please donate here, it’s quick and simple

Many thanks.

Many thanks to everyone who has supported this event. As @R11 BFC, @GTshaker1903, @Kingcreo-sote have said above, please can we give this a big push in the last few days? We didn’t want to raise a couple of grand, we wanted much more than that. The charities deserve it, even if you believe Bury AFC don’t. Please donate what you can, and share the link far and wide. Let’s do what we can to replace the events that The Lee Rigby Foundation have lost due to the pandemic.

Please donate here, it’s quick and simple

Many thanks.
Thanks for your support
It is greatly appreciated

My choices!

1/ Andy Goram
2/ Sandy Jardine
3/ George Young
4/ Richard Gough
5/ John Greig
6/ Jim Baxter
7/ Graeme Souness
8/ Colin Stein
9/ Ally McCoist
10/ Alan Morton
11/ Davie Cooper

12/ Chris Woods
13/ Brian Laudrup
14/ Sam English
15/ Billy Simpson
16/ Johnny Hubbard
17/ Tom Vallance
18/ Willie Henderson
Seems to be a very good traditional Rangers team, one that my auld man would have appreciated, laudrup on the bench :))

Last edited:
Didn't know anything about it - stuck a £10 in.
Little old Bury need all the help they can get. Next year the Phoenix club will be starting in the first division of the North West Counties League which is the equivalent of the West of Scotland conference league (tier 7 in Scotland). It's a far cry from 1927 when Bury finished fourth in the old first division and 1928 when the Bury defender Tom 'tiny' Bradshaw played center half for Scotland in their famous Wembley wizards team that gubbed England 5-1...........surely that fact alone must be worth a tenner to the cause.

thanks for reading
This is absolutely amazing and I thank you great Rangers fans for being the Best.
To be able to assist the Lee Rigby Foundation is wonderful.
I hope you have enjoyed discovering your Rangers Legends as much as we Bury fans have enjoyed finding our two times FA Cup winning heroes who won 4-0 and 6-0, this is still the record winning margin in an FA Cup Final and they did not concede a goal in any round, and our most games player Norman Bullock, and our one clubman Les Hart who was with Bury for 44 years as player then manager and still these legends did not make our team.
But what a Legends Team we have, you are in for a big surprise. Good luck to you Bears

Just to say, I'm proud to support and encourage all 3 great causes. Whether that be for underprivileged kids in Glasgow, disabled supporters of Bury or bereaved families of military personnel killed in action or murdered on the streets of Great Britain...like our local lad Fusilier Lee Rigby.

Rangers Charity (for various community projects in Glasgow); Bury Community Society (to improve disabled facilities) and The Lee Rigby Foundation (to support bereaved families of military personnel). Who have all been affected massively by Coronavirus...let's show we care and give them a boost.

LEST WE FORGET & THANKS.
icon_heartbeat.gif.4e78d05b87ddfe331d45a7dcd3fe2cc4.gif

Just to say, I'm proud to support and encourage all 3 great causes. Whether that be for underprivileged kids in Glasgow, disabled supporters of Bury or bereaved families of military personnel killed in action or murdered on the streets of Great Britain...like our local lad Fusilier Lee Rigby.

Rangers Charity (for various community projects in Glasgow); Bury Community Society (to improve disabled facilities) and The Lee Rigby Foundation (to support bereaved families of military personnel). Who have all been affected massively by Coronavirus...let's show we care and give them a boost.

LEST WE FORGET & THANKS.
icon_heartbeat.gif.4e78d05b87ddfe331d45a7dcd3fe2cc4.gif
We should have some good news about this soon

[/QUOTE]
THANK YOU Rangers FANS for your support
We had our club stolen by a chairman who doesnt even like football and didnt even know Bury FC was a football club when he bought us for £1 off the previous chairman who borrowed excessive money against our ground, Gigg Lane
Then we got dumped out of the English Football League
The pain is unbelievable, our community has been devastated, and this was before coronavirus.
The significance of a virtual game of football is what we have been reduced to. So apologies for keep raising the matter
Your support is amazing and uplifting and we are very grateful

Back