Can you take a plastic bottle of juice in

They are minimum wage workers that are desperate to hold on to their jobs, possibly to support their families. Hardly high and mighty walking about in a luminous jacket and badly fitting black shoes.

They've probably got other jobs outside stewarding a game at Ibrox. A whole 5/6 hour shift per game won't bring in much dough to support their families.

Steward was running around Dumbarton's ground the other night every time she spotted someone taking a drink from a 500ml Bru/Coke.

I've Type 1 diabetes & my control is awful. I hypo far too often, and sometimes it can take a litre of Lucozade to stop me from passing out. Would they let me in with it? I very much doubt it.

Only time I've hypo'd at Ibrox my legs went & that meant urgent action required. First-aiders came & I was taken down the Broomie stand & out the side gates. Then it was round the outside of the stadium, & into a medical room where there was a big tub of Haribo. I thank them for it, but had it been a tiny fraction more severe that delay could've mean a diabetic coma on Edmiston Drive.

Diabetics with 330/500ml bottles of Lucozade should be made an exception to that rule immediately.

I keep meaning to contact the relevant person(s) about this but I haven't a clue who it would be.

I take a plastic bottle of water into nearly every game. Haven’t been searched for
Steward was running around Dumbarton's ground the other night every time she spotted someone taking a drink from a 500ml Bru/Coke.

I've Type 1 diabetes & my control is awful. I hypo far too often, and sometimes it can take a litre of Lucozade to stop me from passing out. Would they let me in with it? I very much doubt it.

Only time I've hypo'd at Ibrox my legs went & that meant urgent action required. First-aiders came & I was taken down the Broomie stand & out the side gates. Then it was round the outside of the stadium, & into a medical room where there was a big tub of Haribo. I thank them for it, but had it been a tiny fraction more severe that delay could've mean a diabetic coma on Edmiston Drive.

Diabetics with 330/500ml bottles of Lucozade should be made an exception to that rule immediately.

I keep meaning to contact the relevant person(s) about this but I haven't a clue who it would be.
I thought you could get a medical certifIcate that allowed you to take liquids in if it was for genuine reasons.

Disability liaison officer mate, you can contact them via the website.

I’m fairly certain they deal with all medical conditions.

Depends how discrete you are and how much the steward at your gate is arsed.

Nobody bothered at my section at the Madrid game last weekend.

Disability matters maybe?

at Madrid, in the Sandy Jardine Upper anyway, they had tables set up in the concourse
loads of the big Coke paper cups with bottled water poured in

In all seriousness i've never had any issue taking a plastic bottle in. A family member is diabetic and carries a bottle of lucozade at the games. Any time it has been queried the stewards accept that answer without any hassle.

Do you/can you not carry dextrose or glucogel?

we had bags of sweets and plastic bottles of juice for myself and son @ both Brighton and Madrid - pretty much everyone round about us in the SJ had cans / bottles of juice or water.

the fact it was roasting ... they were needed.

Went in with couple bottles of water on Saturday and Sunday there no problem, could well be a half charger tomorrow though, no apology no surrender

Steward wanted to take a wee bottle of water of me once as it was deemed a missile. Drank it quick and handed it to her empty, "no longer a missile" I suggested. She had to go find a bin for it, saved me the hassle :)

From last weeks guidance from the Club:

Due to the pandemic, our concourses are closed except for the use of the toilets. Please remain in your seat at all times and note that whilst there can be no controlled containers within the Stadium. The club allows cartons and pouches of liquid which can be consumed on the seating deck.
Vodka laced Capri Sun is nice :cool:

At the Brighton game where I was sitting they were fine with taking bottles in.

You can sneak anything in if you really want to it's not as if they search you.

No. If you have any bottles they will be removed. They are giving out free cups of mineral water in the concourse. You are, however, allowed cartons and pouches and the like. Just nothing that you can seal up.

Yet they didn't remove the 1.5l bottle I took in with me last weekend.

Do you/can you not carry dextrose or glucogel?
Glucogel is in a drawer next to the bed for a middle-of-the-night & missus-can't-shift-me hypo.

Dextrose/Haribo/stuff like that is foul & toothache-inducing. I just don't buy it & I carry a bag around with some long-acting carbs plus two bottles of Lucozade (or Coca-Cola if I can't get it).

Got a Dexcom now. That goes off if I'm in danger. No way of stopping it. Have to pray it doesn't go in a silence at the football!

But there's got to be a way someone can amend rules to allow diabetics to take such stuff into grounds.

Disability liaison officer mate, you can contact them via the website.

I’m fairly certain they deal with all medical conditions.
Given that it's a legal issue, I think it'd have to go higher. Perhaps MSPs or something?

Glucogel is in a drawer next to the bed for a middle-of-the-night & missus-can't-shift-me hypo.

Dextrose/Haribo/stuff like that is foul & toothache-inducing. I just don't buy it & I carry a bag around with some long-acting carbs plus two bottles of Lucozade (or Coca-Cola if I can't get it).

Got a Dexcom now. That goes off if I'm in danger. No way of stopping it. Have to pray it doesn't go in a silence at the football!

But there's got to be a way someone can amend rules to allow diabetics to take such stuff into grounds.
My mrs is type 1 and usually in bars etc they will give her a coke for free when she produces her wee card. Have you ever tried getting one in with your Diabetes card? Might be worth a shot. Usually a jobsworth becomes a human when they see that.

surely a doctors note or something would allow you to get a by ball and be allowed whatever it is you need into the ground with you?

My mrs is type 1 and usually in bars etc they will give her a coke for free when she produces her wee card. Have you ever tried getting one in with your Diabetes card? Might be worth a shot. Usually a jobsworth becomes a human when they see that.
I've not got a card. Never heard of those.

Got a little band on my left hand that I bought: Alert! Type 1 Diabetes Insulin Dependent

Not sure about those bands, though. Lack of info could be a killer, and it'd be the fault of the person providing half the necessary info rather than some poor soul who could end up with a guilty conscience.

If a diabetic was flat-out & had a fast-acting insulin pen & bottle of Coke in the pocket I suspect someone with no knowledge finding them would inject insulin, thinking they were doing good. Would be goodnight & thank you. Essentially someone trying to do a good turn could end up with a corpse.

Last thing I want is to be on someone's conscience. I'm not worth it.

But my wee boy is also T1 & he is worth it.

Had the bands on both hands, but the younger two kids would twist them when sitting on me in the late-evenings and one broke.

Along with my last 2 pairs of glasses (wee man). And the 2 pairs before that (youngest lassie). And the 2 pairs before that (oldest lassie).

I can't sit behind the goal unless I get another pair. Need to do that for going back to the games.

Stopped going to see the first-team ages ago. Crap seats, treated like crap by police & stewards, untrusted, cameras pointed in face, just short of molestation at the turnstiles, etc.

But I do like the idea of following the B-team.

Soldiers of fortune. Daaa-da-da-daaah, daa-da-daaaahh. :)

I've not got a card. Never heard of those.

Got a little band on my left hand that I bought: Alert! Type 1 Diabetes Insulin Dependent

Not sure about those bands, though. Lack of info could be a killer, and it'd be the fault of the person providing half the necessary info rather than some poor soul who could end up with a guilty conscience.

If a diabetic was flat-out & had a fast-acting insulin pen & bottle of Coke in the pocket I suspect someone with no knowledge finding them would inject insulin, thinking they were doing good. Would be goodnight & thank you. Essentially someone trying to do a good turn could end up with a corpse.

Last thing I want is to be on someone's conscience. I'm not worth it.

But my wee boy is also T1 & he is worth it.

Had the bands on both hands, but the younger two kids would twist them when sitting on me in the late-evenings and one broke.

Along with my last 2 pairs of glasses (wee man). And the 2 pairs before that (youngest lassie). And the 2 pairs before that (oldest lassie).

I can't sit behind the goal unless I get another pair. Need to do that for going back to the games.

Stopped going to see the first-team ages ago. Crap seats, treated like crap by police & stewards, untrusted, cameras pointed in face, just short of molestation at the turnstiles, etc.

But I do like the idea of following the B-team.

Soldiers of fortune. Daaa-da-da-daaah, daa-da-daaaahh. :)
I’m not 100% sure what the card is but I will find out for you.. we’ve used it for all sorts, especially when arriving at Glasgow airport, right to the front of the queue - my mrs is feeling poorly she is diabetic, can we get through to the vending machines for a coke… on you go sir. She hates doing it but it’s an art now for me :cool:

As for your insulin/coke theory - you are 100% correct, people would reach for the insulin before the coke. She uses a wee thing on her arm to scan her bloods so it makes it a little easier for me to check on her if it goes tits up … can’t believe she used to prick her finger every day multiple times. Hats off to you D1s!

surely a doctors note or something would allow you to get a by ball and be allowed whatever it is you need into the ground with you?
It's actually a "controlled container" and the law in Scotland says that they're banned.

Law was brought in after SCF Hampden Riot, but the legislation has never been revisited. It lacks nuance, it's too heavy-handed, it doesn't differentiate between different types of matches, and (in my case) it doesn't take account of the circumstances.

I'd like to see the legislation re-visited. My views on it:

Bottles of anything - Banned

Canned booze - Open can on way in fine except Cat A games
Booze in open plastic bottles or paper cups - Fine except for Cat A games
Booze sold inside stadiums - Fine except Cat A games

Cans of juice - Fine if open on way in only
Bottles of juice - Fine if lid thrown away or medical reasons

Obviously they'd know an open crate of beer on the way in was taking the piss! B-D

I’m not 100% sure what the card is but I will find out for you.. we’ve used it for all sorts, especially when arriving at Glasgow airport, right to the front of the queue - my mrs is feeling poorly she is diabetic, can we get through to the vending machines for a coke… on you go sir. She hates doing it but it’s an art now for me :cool:

As for your insulin/coke theory - you are 100% correct, people would reach for the insulin before the coke. She uses a wee thing on her arm to scan her bloods so it makes it a little easier for me to check on her if it goes tits up … can’t believe she used to prick her finger every day multiple times. Hats off to you D1s!
I've got this little machine now - Dexcom G6.

Got a plastic thing stuck on my arm with a little needle on it. Stick a transmitter inside it.

Connects via bluetooth to the phone & there's 3 alarms:
1) Heads up, trouble soon
2) Right, you've already been warned, do it now
3) You could be on your arse any time now, son!

First two, the phone just buzzes if it's on silent. That's fine.

Third goes off during a 60 seconds silence in memory of X, it's max volume ambulance noise infamy!

Great wee thing. Prior to that I lost my driving licence, lost my job, and nearly lost my life.

Boy in front of me had a massive bottle of juice in the ground for the Real game but by the sounds of it depends on the individual stewards.

My granda got his bottle of sparkling water taken off him when he was at the friendly at the piggery against West Ham. Probably the same protocol regardless of what stadium you’re in.

Take a can of juice and tell them it’s to help you calm down if it’s still 0-0 after 10mins or Tav hits a bad corner.

It has to be a 'designated sporting event' to have 'controlled containers' banned. Friendlies are not classed as such, but everything else is.

Meant to be only cartons/pouches like Ribena/Capri Sun.
Years ago I took my kids to a Hamilton game, just because the ground was walking distance from the house and we had nothing better to do.

Had a bag with Capri Sun pouches in it and some plod told me I couldn’t take them in, Couldn’t be arsed arguing with him, but wasted what was always going to be a shit game, as I spent the whole game annoyed at the prick.

Back