Cancelled RTV last month

hippo94735

With the message to RTV that there was no point in subscribing to communications channel when there was no communication on said channel - within days of MB being appointed there has been more content than in the last 6 months so re subscibed - great to see the training vids again - and no idea why there was nowt for so long

23 videos of various games, goals, highlights, interviews, training sessions, Away Days etc in the last 7 days. 16 in the 7 days before that mate.;)
dont know i cancelled when was turgid shiite - now it looks like its going back to training vids and proper manager interviews - you are not seriously saying it was decent value n last 6 months?

With the message to RTV that there was no point in subscribing to communications channel when there was no communication on said channel - within days of MB being appointed there has been more content than in the last 6 months so re subscibed - great to see the training vids again - and no idea why there was nowt for so long
Are you hungry for it again, hippo?

So not just the players that got lazy.

we were playing keich - but the rtv output was rubbish & not really a comms channel but for the half hearted turgid rubbish

I didn't watch half of it either but I wouldn't say the content dropped. There was still training videos, interviews, away days etc.

I’ve always wanted RTV to try & look at the WWE Network as a model, the layout & set-up from the start was brilliant & with the old videos we have from the 9IAR, etc should be in there.

Ive been a subscriber for years but only watch live games. None of the rest is interesting in my opinion. Does anyone else feel like this?

Ive been a subscriber for years but only watch live games. None of the rest is interesting in my opinion. Does anyone else feel like this?
Totally, yes. I’ve subscribed for about 8 years now and I find myself watching something other than the games only very occasionally. Maybe once every couple of years. Relentless was one, and I gave the Friday preview show a bash but that was a waste of time. 5 minutes talking about the first team and the rest about the boys and women.

For the cost to overseas viewers it is not worth it, as other posters say, shite viewing times and unreliable feeds. I chucked it in April and then signed back up to the light version in September. I maybe watched about 4 live games a season as all the away and four home were on satellite for me to watch.

Living abroad it’s a godsend for the most part.

The “as live” feature pisses me off no end.

The deal is that all live games are shown as live from midnight uk time.
It’s a rare occasion when they live up to their end of the agreement which is a pisser when yiu avoid the score all day and then there’s no way of knowing when the game will be shown.

Living abroad it’s a godsend for the most part.

The “as live” feature pisses me off no end.

The deal is that all live games are shown as live from midnight uk time.
It’s a rare occasion when they live up to their end of the agreement which is a pisser when yiu avoid the score all day and then there’s no way of knowing when the game will be shown.
It’s impossible to avoid the score these days. I was travelling home from Lisbon when the PSV second leg was on. Avoided it in Heathrow when folk were watching on their phones and even managed it when the guy next to me on the plane had it on before we took off and immediately on landing. Then drove home in silence and popped on the BT Sport app on Apple TV about half 11 and each game was available to click to watch back, all with the fucking scores showing in their titles!!!!

I’ve always wanted RTV to try & look at the WWE Network as a model, the layout & set-up from the start was brilliant & with the old videos we have from the 9IAR, etc should be in there.

giphy.gif

dont know i cancelled when was turgid shiite - now it looks like its going back to training vids and proper manager interviews - you are not seriously saying it was decent value n last 6 months?
I have the Unlimited sub and, for me and many others, it’s a lifeline to the Club for me. Worth every penny.:)

Last edited:
For the cost to overseas viewers it is not worth it, as other posters say, shite viewing times and unreliable feeds. I chucked it in April and then signed back up to the light version in September. I maybe watched about 4 live games a season as all the away and four home were on satellite for me to watch.
depends on where you are overseas. I live in Germany and watch all the live games. What pisses me of is club channels not being allowed to show European games live, But that's on UEFA and not the club.

I still subscribe but tend to agree with the OP.
IMHO since Alice Hedworth left during the pandemic the content has been pretty boring.
I really enjoyed the non football stuff like quizzes and getting to know the players away from the pitch.

I don't subscribe but probably should as I buy every game outwith those on the Sky or BT platforms.
At a tenner a go it's probably more expensive than the season subscription.

I no longer subscribe, but purchase the odd game. Have to say, on match day, the content is not great.

I appreciate they have to cater to a range of different tastes and age groups, but surely they can have a more in depth build up to the game 30 mins before. Much of the half time chat is taken up with content not related to the game, e.g. reports on the women's team (which doesn't particularly interest me).

Oh and I don't give a flying f*ck what a player's favourite colour is, or how they like their eggs!

Back