Cancelling Premier Sports Question

The Blue Iceberg

Anyone know what the cancellation period is?

I've signed up last week for the Cove Rangers game on their website to watch it on sky and paid £6.99 for my first month.

I've noticed that the Scottish Cup Final will be on BBC so no point in paying for it too long as I only really want to watch Rangers, my question is if I cancel now is it the same as sky ie you need to give them 30 days notice which would mean I can still watch the Rangers v Septic game or does it switch off straight away?

I've signed up last week for the Cove Rangers game on their website to watch it on sky and paid £6.99 for my first month.

I've noticed that the Scottish Cup Final will be on BBC so no point in paying for it too long as I only really want to watch Rangers, my question is if I cancel now is it the same as sky ie you need to give them 30 days notice which would mean I can still watch the Rangers v Septic game or does it switch off straight away?
One months notice, your coverage stops one month after you notify them that you want to cancel.

I believe the easier approach to phoning premier sport to cancel is to invent time travel, return to the past, and warn your past self not to sign up.
Ha ha, no it's easy to cancel it online mate. I just can't remember if it switches off straight away or not.

Obviously I don't want to miss the next few rounds.

One months notice, your coverage stops one month after you notify you want to cancel.
How sure are you mate? 100%?

I seem to remember I got the first full month that I had paid for the last time from the start date, not the 30 days from the cancellation date if that makes sense?

In the past I have just cancelled my monthly payment as they're customer service is pathetic.

Eventually found the relevant information on their terms and conditions...

"For monthly subscribers through SKY the minimum subscription period is 1 month. You will continue to subscribe at your monthly price on a rolling basis unless you decide to cancel by providing at least 5 working days' notice for card payments or 15 working days for direct debit, before your next payment date.

Looks like I'll need to wait before cancelling or I will miss the semi-finals given that I ordered it on the 4th of this month and the semis are on the 8th/9th of May.

Last edited:

Cheers for the reminder, it was very Easy to cancel, just did it in 2 minutes on using internet on my phone, it’s confirmed that my cancellation date is 5th May, Took out sub for Cove and Old Firm so didn’t want it rolling over

A wee note, when I cancelled it online I got a pop up asking me if I would stay for half price, when I said no I got another pop up offering me it for 25% of the price. Keep your eye out for that if you are interested in keeping it on for pennies

look at terms and conditions, there is a 14 day cooling off period, if you are not happy with the service during the period, then its a simple mail to cancel, the email address is in the T & C. you will be charged for 14 days usage.

Just log into the website and cancel, literally takes seconds to do. You won’t be charged again and you’ll get it until your month is up.

Why do folk make out like it’s some sort of mission to cancel. Couldn’t be easier.

Ha ha, no it's easy to cancel it online mate. I just can't remember if it switches off straight away or not.

Obviously I don't want to miss the next few rounds.
No it doesn't, it runs until the month is up and doesn't auto renew, but before you finally cancel it they'll offer you two discounts one after the other to try get you to stay, that's what they did with me after the league cup tie with St Mirren .. but yea really easy to cancel it

Words can’t describe how much I hate this mob.
Amateurs and total charlatans with the worst customer service in the world.
Anyone else remember the euro qualifier game, where they had some shitey rugby game on instead of the game many fans paid for and missed the entire first half?
Yet no apology or refund at all.
They are scum

Enough is enough for me.
I’m paying a fortune already for BT and sky. I’ll be watching this by other means.

Back