Candeias at the double today

5 goals in the first half, Candeias has scored three and assisted the other two.

In with a shout for motm

Ha ha, you'd imagine so. :)

Good Luck to him. I wish him well. We've moved on though and, had he stayed, he would have been on the bench as often as he started. He didn't fancy that, and who can blame him at his age, so moved on. Hope he can help his team avoid relegation.

Technically just wasn’t of the level required for where we want to be, but is a player who moved on with the best of wishes from me.

Good to hear he seems to be doing well.

Technically just wasn’t of the level required for where we want to be, but is a player who moved on with the best of wishes from me.

Good to hear he seems to be doing well.
Wouldn't say so, I thought he was brilliant technically at times. His first touch was superb and he had some great wee flicks and tricks. Where he fell down imo is that he never beat his man, he'd always go for the easy option of a speculative cross.

The way he started the season in the preseason matches was fantastic and evidently the Gaffer had told him his place may not be safe.
I feel for DC because he loved being at Rangers and the reality was he did not show enough consistency/quality to be part of the longer-term plans.
He scored two brilliant goals in early preseason friendlies and I thought they might have saved him but the Gaffer’s mind must have been made up.

In other news:

It's just been announced by the manager of Liverpool that if he doesn't win his next game against Manchester Utd he will be leaving the club and taking his family home next weekend!!
That's right folks ..The Klopps go back next weekend!!

Don’t get the hostility to the op or DC in general on here. He wanted something we couldn’t guarentee so he moved on. That’s life.
He always gave 100% for us so why wouldn’t fans wish him well & given the link comment on how he’s doing. The number of clubs he’s played for should say it all regarding how long he sticks around so should really come as no surprise he moved on.

Read he didn’t have the required quality a lot on here. I think his quality wasn’t the issue, it was his consistancy. He would either be very good or rotten & very rarely inbetween.

Last edited:
I like Candeias and I liked Windass as well (At times)... but I did say at numerous times over the last few years that we would never challenge Celtic proper with guys like Windass & Candeias.

Back