Candeias > Ojo

Good to pop onto FF after a win and see who the latest whipping boy is.
Didnt have a great game today, but did offer plenty 2nd half and set up barker.

Btw seems to be a tie between Ojo and Arfield for title of whipping boy of the week.

It's not about being the whipping boy. Players are allowed to be criticised you know.

Ojo only seems to come into games once we're in front or looking comfortable. His first touch is often poor, he's very one footed and he seems to lack composure. Defensively he's nowhere near as good as Candeias was for us.

11 matches, four goals and three assists for Ojo. And another assist today if I'm not mistaken.

I'm sorry but scoring a couple against part timers in the Europa League doesn't mean that much in the grand scheme of things...

Tav has nothing in front of him anymore, because Ojo has no football intelligence his positioning is awful. It’s even worse because he has no work rate. When tav moves forward nobody is covering.

He still has time to come good but for the most he’s been utter gash and has fucked the whole balance of the team.

I’m not sure I agree with the OP. However, I don’t think either are good enough so I don’t see the point in getting into a debate about it.

I liked Candeias. He tried his arse off. However he was limited. I dont see what point there is in the comparison. Ojo is a young player who has made a significant contribution in a short timr for him.

Prepared to excuse him a slightly below par performance. Even at that, he got an assist today.

What is the point of this thread? We needed a player who produced more in terms of goals and assists and it looks like Ojo will provide that, whilst possibly not being as effective in other areas.

Candeias was told he would have to fight for a place now and couldn't get out quick enough.

So Candeias > Ojo, whilst not even being factually correct, is totally irrelevant. One of them wanted to play for us. The other didn't.

End of thread, and please, please, please an end of any Daniel fucking Candeias discussion/ obsession.

Never has a journeyman footballer gotten the level of discussion as the bold "candyman"!

Totally agree, Ojo is technically a better player but Rangers is a unique challenge where heart and attitude are very important and Candeias was miles ahead in these departments.

Greg Stewart on the right hand side can open up SPL defences.

He must be shit in training though because sadly Ojo has offered very little.

Ojo is a luxury player. He doesn’t work hard and this hinders us in trying to press the opposition. At the moment there’s too many in the side no contributing and he’s one of them.

11 matches, four goals and three assists for Ojo. And another assist today if I'm not mistaken.

Ojo has provided more than Ryan Kent did after he came in the first time around.

He’s a young man that has been asked to come in as a first team starter, and he’s contributing.

I don’t think it’s a wild stretch to believe that Ojo can get better with us over time, as Kent did.

People writing him off already, despite what he’s contributed, and despite his obvious attributes are mental.

Good to pop onto FF after a win and see who the latest whipping boy is.
Didnt have a great game today, but did offer plenty 2nd half and set up barker.

Btw seems to be a tie between Ojo and Arfield for title of whipping boy of the week.

At the game I was all for replacing him, but fair play to him, he caused them a few problems in the 2nd half when he could easily have put his head down. Lots of shots and crosses blocked especially when he tried his trademark curl into the corner. Needs to work on this and the tempo of his game and get in among defenders more.
Silly to write a young player off when the door is still swinging behind him. As for Candeias, we have all had that discussion since the OF debacle but as said above, He is gone. We move on.

Just an opinion but Candeias offered far more to us than Ojo does. People can cite stats all they want, but for the balance of the team Candeias definitely offered more. Tav looked far more comfortable having Candeias in front of him as well.

It's not even close. Candeias is a huge loss

Reactions: VMS
Ojo just looks overawed at times with size of our club.
Offers very little and doesnt seem to use his pace when possible

Candeias wanted to leave and going by reports it's not going well for him at all.
If Ojo ain't cutting it we need to try other options.
I'm also not buying into Tavs game is suffering because he has gone

Would be interesting to see the opinions in here about Kent at the same stage of last season. I doubt many would have been saying "sign him for £7m now"

I live in hope that we are not going to see Ojo = eraja = coulibaly.

He does seem to be getting less good the more he plays.

Hopefully it’s just a form thing and he comes good again quickly.

Back