Candeias Signs With Gençlerbirliği - Confirmed

Where would life be

If he had scored that penalty against Kilmarnock

Or even if Chris Burke didnt score 10 seconds after he missed it.

wu7wi86.gif

Also Murphy, McPake, and dare I say Kent.

Don't get me wrong, I loved some of the holes Candeias dug us out of, but sometimes when it seemed easier to bang it in or to create an opportunity for others and he sclafed it, it really hurt us on points against lesser teams like Livi or Killie and cost us over the season.

Not that I dont recognise moments like the back heel against Vienna, he should be remembered with fondness in a blue shirt.

Last edited:
Sorry to see him go as I feel he could have still been a useful asset this season. Good luck to him

The squad will be weaker without Candeias. I enjoyed watching him as he was a player with fantastic ability. He was a player who could produce brilliance that we have been starved of. Yes he had his off days but he also ran his heart out for the jersey .

A hard worker and good servant. Get the feeling he spat the dummy a bit at being left out of the St Joseph’s squad but we move on.

All the best to him.

And you wouldn't spit the dummy out either if your work told you similar??

It was a bad move by Stevie G given his past efforts for the club. One thing to say you may not be a regular but let's be honest he should have been in that initial squad, it was a telling statement.

Good man management or bad man management - who knows we will only know at the end of the season but the candyman was in and about the starting 11 every single game last season. These type of players are pretty hard to replace for the pennies we seemingly got for him.

Definitely a good signing who gave the best that he could most of the time. In my estimation he also enabled Tav to be a better player by working his socks off to support him. Good luck DC and thanks.

Decent player Daniel was, however a league winning team I couldn't see him anywhere near it too inconsistent, wish him well though

All the best to him.
We always say on here we want a player to give his all, no matter any limitations.
he certainly did that.
Hope its a good move for him

Bit disappointed with him going tbh, especially since he’s only signed a 2 year deal.

The club should have offered him a year extension to try and get him to stay as his work rate and style of play could have been beneficial.

If true he has left because he will not be a regular then that's a nice attitude.

Better than I won't be a regular so I will sit about collecting a wage.

And you wouldn't spit the dummy out either if your work told you similar??

It was a bad move by Stevie G given his past efforts for the club. One thing to say you may not be a regular but let's be honest he should have been in that initial squad, it was a telling statement.

Good man management or bad man management - who knows we will only know at the end of the season but the candyman was in and about the starting 11 every single game last season. These type of players are pretty hard to replace for the pennies we seemingly got for him.
Hard to compare, but seemingly pushing through a move because he’s been dropped for one tie against a pub team? Lacks professionalism. Gerrard sees him in training every day, we don’t.

I liked Candeias on his day but I want players at the Club who want to fight for the jersey. Not jump ship because our manager has saw more from others in pre-season than he has them.

I'll miss him. He's perfect for squad backup, but that's exactly what he didn't want to be.

More onus on Jones and Stewart to contribute now.

As good a goal as you'll ever see v Marseille....cracking assist from Jack but quality finish, a friendly or not. Good luck Daniel.

I would have liked to have seen him stay and try and crank his performances up a notch and show real fight for his place.
I wish him the very best. Good luck DC.

We have too many wingers this season where we don't know what we are getting with them, i think we could live to regret letting Candeias go.

I'm disappointed he wasn't willing to stay and fight for his place, he was a more than capable player for us and had built up a great understanding with Tav on the right hand side.

Back