Candeias to Turkey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Super League teams Genclerbirligi last minute transfer development took place.

According to information obtained by Ajansspor; Gençlerbirliği has reached an agreement with right-wing player Daniel Candeias, who played for Glasgow Rangers.

Çaykur Rizespor'un also included in the agenda Candeias preferred the capital team because of the education status of children.

31-year-old Portuguese footballer played in Alanyaspor in 2016/17 season."

I can see the benefit he brings to some games and he’s been a really good player for us in a period where we have lacked any momentum, genuine quality and success.

I do think that adding more quality will mean we would be almost shoe horning him in to tough games and losing a bit of quality that he only shows in glimpses. I expect 100% effort from anyone with a shirt so I don’t think it should be an issue.

He would go with my well wishes and he has done nothing but serve the club admirably. We must lose players though to improve. Darwinism at the club which shows how far we are coming.

Would be disappointed to see him go to be honest. Yes, he can blow hot and cold, but would certainly like to have kept him here as a squad option for the season.
That's the problem, he doesn't want to be a squad option and his game time will be limited, very limited. So no point keeping an unhappy player. I like him too for what its worth but we cant keep everyone happy

Did this actually ever happen??

even when Candeias didn’t have a particularly good game going forward he more than made up for it with hard work tracking back and covering Tavernier
Unfortunately yes, it did happen, a fair few times he was referred to in the Enclosure as 'The Ghost' as he had a habit of being anonymous in certain games.
Clearly not all games as his stats are good and he is a fans favourite for the reasons given - his workrate.
Unfortunately workrate doesn't always conquer all though.
I would still prefer him to be in our squad.

That's the problem, he doesn't want to be a squad option and his game time will be limited, very limited. So no point keeping an unhappy player. I like him too for what its worth but we cant keep everyone happy
This is true. And with the number of options we have to play behind the striker now, and with the possibility of Kent still to be added, there was always a chance someone would have to go.

Did this actually ever happen??

even when Candeias didn’t have a particularly good game going forward he more than made up for it with hard work tracking back and covering Tavernier

Not doubting his work ethic but there are games where you can tell pretty early that you're not going to be able to rely on his passing or crossing.

I'd be disappointed if true. Gerrard has said he wants two players fighting for every position.

If thats true the four wide players I would keep would be Kent (hopefully!), Jones, Ojo and Candeias.

I like Candeias but if we get a good offer for him we need to consider it. They've probably offered us a packet of Space Raiders and a Chomp.

If we get Kent I’d be happy enough for candeais to move on , he’d leave with our absolute best wishes he gave his all , wonder what fee is offered?

Whilst i don't think he should be a starter every game next season we would be foolish to get rid of him.

It would be far too risky getting rid of him when we have so many fresh faces in the squad who are wingers, at least we know what we are getting with him, plus his link up with Tav and Morelos is vital.

Canny see him getting a new contract here so makes sense to get some money for him now as opposed to him going for nowt in a year

I like Candeias, but I reckon his gametime will be limited this season and as a wise man once said 'everybody has a price'

th

I don't doubt there have been enquiries but I would be amazed if he left. He doesn't want to leave and you can see the amount of errors he forces from opponents due to his workrate and closing down.

It won't be a shock.

We have signed loads of wide players, it sort of suggest we weren't entirely comfortable with the wide players we have.

Only if a good fee is involved.
I think he showed what it meant to him and what he can do when he knows theres competition with his 10/10 first half display against marseille.

Unfortunately, that is the reality of it.

One good thing (if he IS going) it means the player(s) replacing him are better, or at least should be.

I love the guy and he goes with my best wishes.

Really hope it’s not true

He’s a proper grafter and for me, Tav is more effective when Candeias is there to help and protect him with tracking runners

Think it’s crazy we’d consider letting him go whilst keeping Stewart / Hastie who have it all to prove for us

We can't have 6 wingers in the squad. There's no way Ojo, Jones or Stewart are going. If Kent is available on loan he'll be back. Which leaves Candeias and Hastie, one has just joined.

Probably best if he went at this junction as I feel his age he's not going to improve, we would likely get a decent transfer fee, I'm sure he got a new deal on improved terms so would be a decent wage off the bill and overall the player, as some say hot and cold, his final ball is at best frustrating and against the teams we will face week in week out the park the bus types, we need a more consistent player in there I feel and 1 that chips in with more goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back