Candeias to Turkey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to get new sources eh :rolleyes:

Not really if you note my response was in that there was no deal done already, hence why I said there was no agreement but was interest. Maybe time to take some reading lessons?

FYI here was the report from the first page I was responding to

Super League teams Genclerbirligi last minute transfer development took place.

According to information obtained by Ajansspor; Gençlerbirliği has reached an agreement with right-wing player Daniel Candeias, who played for Glasgow Rangers.

Çaykur Rizespor'un also included in the agenda Candeias preferred the capital team because of the education status of children.

31-year-old Portuguese footballer played in Alanyaspor in 2016/17 season."

He Came. He Saw. He Conque ..... worked hard, was fairly decent sometimes, was dismal at other times, and often had little end product.

Scored a few against them, was a massive reason we did so well in Europe last season and contributed significantly to some of the best and most important goals we scored (backheel against rapid to name just one of many tbf).

Fairly decent then abysmal is a fair indication of your opinion of him, I 100% disagree on that.

Work rate fantastic but too often pretty average where it counts. I'd have liked him as a squad player but he shouldn't be starting games for us now. Probably right for him to want to move on.

Best of luck to Daniel and he goes with all of our best wishes I am sure.
His attitude was always good, his efforts always sincere and he wore the jersey with pride.
He also gave us some really tremendous moments.
As a player and as a man he is someone who will always be welcomed back around Ibrox.
However, as a club, we move on.

Great guy just lacking that extra bit of pace and all round consistency to be a great player.

Wish him all the best and look forward to welcoming him back for the half time draw in a few years time.

I dont want him to leave but if he wants to leave for guaranteed first team football then he goes with my best wishes. Others seem happy to sit back and earn a wage for doing nothing. He wants to play.

Did well for us.

Sad to see him go, genuinely surprised there's not a better club in for him than them.

Shame, I'd like to keep him as a squad player. He has a great understanding with Tav and as a pair they're sometimes dynamite on our right hand side. Granted he has poor games but hence wanting to keep him as a squad player.

He's been a bit of a nomad during his professional career and seems to like a new challenge regularly.

Scored a few against them, was a massive reason we did so well in Europe last season and contributed significantly to some of the best and most important goals we scored (backheel against rapid to name just one of many tbf).

Fairly decent then abysmal is a fair indication of your opinion of him, I 100% disagree on that.

1 against the mentally challenged Im sure, 2-3 game at Ibrox.

only one I can remeber.

I like him. I will be sorry to see him go - if he does. IMHO he still has a significant part to play for us this season were he to stay. If he’s looking for guarantees from Gerrard that he will be a regular starter then he’s not - rightly - getting them though.

I do wonder, despite claiming he wants him to stay, if Gerrard was sending out a signal with the EL squad omission. Not formally making it known he’s available but dropping a bloody big hint.

He doesn’t see getting much game time and Gerrard appears to have reinforced that. I get a vibe he spat the dummy about being the one to drop out the Europa Squad due to the development numbers rule. And these talks may be a bit of in the heat of the moment thing. Candeias has his football flaws but could get a bigger Club than Turkish tin pot

This makes sense

It’s a tough one because I think DC is good enough to contribute a key goal or assist here and there throughout a season but if he’s testing Gerrard there will be only one winner

He’s 31 and taking a huge nosedive clubwise ,it doesn’t get better for candeias than it is now and he will regret it however IF he wants to go he’s being a baby about being left out .

Jog on wee man

Really strange take on it.

He’s a 31 year who doesn’t want to spend his last few years being a bit part player getting the occasional game, I think that’s quite respectable.

Last edited:
This makes sense

It’s a tough one because I think DC is good enough to contribute a key goal or assist here and there throughout a season but if he’s testing Gerrard there will be only one winner
I would look at it different maybe only maybe the move was already underway and that is why he is not included and had a cheerio in the Marseilles game. Any way wish him all the best if he moves on.

This makes sense

Gerrard spoke to him today and some photos of Gerrard and him having a laugh together.

Like DC will be disappointed to see him go,hope we get decent money for him

We'll miss his industry if he goes.

You need more than industry to be a team player for Rangers, according to reports, S.G. & Allen thru.down the gauntlet to him, and he's not prepared to take up the challenge.So if that's the case he can move on, as weve now got a lot of talented players in the squad, waiting for their chance.

I like Candeias but if we get a good offer for him we need to consider it. They've probably offered us a packet of Space Raiders and a Chomp.

I think he's thrown the toys out of the pram, after he was left out of the squad for the first game against St.Joseph's.over in Gibraltar.
And taken the cŕeam puff.Gerrard won't put up with that nonsense, if it's that's the way it happened.

You need more than industry to be a team player for Rangers, according to reports, S.G. & Allen thru.down the gauntlet to him, and he's not prepared to take up the challenge.So if that's the case he can move on, as weve now got a lot of talented players in the squad, waiting for their chance.

What reports are you reading that the rest of us aren't?

If he has chucked his toys out after being omitted, then good luck to him. He could have been a valuable member of a title-challenging (read: winning) squad, at a club the size of which he has never played, nor will play for again.

I know what I’d do in his position.

He hasn't been happy since last third of last season, a seen a message direct from him and words were all the foreign lads feel undervalued and he wanted to go elsewhere.

Just heard Gerrard say Daniel said he wanted to move on.
We are on the cusp of achieving something historical and Candeias has chosen not to be part of this and even try and fight for the jersey.

So be it……your loss mate!

Also us not getting a fee just so he gets a move is to me sending the incorrect message to the rest of the squad.If he is leaving we should be getting something and not just benefitting on saving a wage!
Thought those days were over!

What happens now with his buddy Alfredo going forward …should prove very interesting
Tbc……

DC is Portuguese and not from Glasgow. HE has a good job with us and perhaps someone has tapped him up for extra money elsewhere. It's a short career and he is coming to the end and is not a fan like the rest of us who would crawl over broken glass to play for the Rangers.

Good luck Daniel and a' ra best.

He's not needed defensively as much under our current system as whoever's playing right of the midfield 3 (usually Jack) tucks in behind Tavernier when he's attacking anyway. This means the player who's part of the front 3 will press a defender or a centre mid instead, which any of our players coming in should be perfectly capable of.

For someone who would typically receive the ball out wide and cross it in, his stats record was poor, and whilst a useful squad player, if he wants first team football and we're getting a half decent fee for him, it is probably time for him to go.

I'll always look back on him fondly as a player, one of the few during a difficult period who didn't hide and gave his all, but right now he's not good enough for the starting XI, and is (rightly IMO) 3rd or 4th choice winger at the moment.

If Candeias leaving improves our chances of getting Kent back, then it's an absolute no brainer. Hopefully other fringe players now follow suit.

We have had a pish squad for years and he wasn't a stand out. We now have strength in depth, he has had a blip being dropped from Europa League and he wants to pursue a move to Turkey?

All the best Daniel, thanks for your efforts but if that's your attitude then don't let the door hit your arse on the way out.

31 year old with that attitude is not what we need.
I absolutely love Candeias but I have to say that his attitude has changed my stance a bit. Still would like him to stay but only if he's willing to fight for the chance.

Tired of hearing ‘oh but he works hard’
So what?
I should hope they all work hard!
So do others and play much more consistently!

Even listening to Lindsay Herron now on Clyde?
Twice if not three times he said this!
Didn't he write and work for us?

It’s like telling someone ‘well you’ve got your health’
You’ve got nothing else going for you but at least you've got that!

The stats speak for themselves.

Good luck son but we’ve honestly moved on from you.
The only way is down.

He hasn't been happy since last third of last season, a seen a message direct from him and words were all the foreign lads feel undervalued and he wanted to go elsewhere.

Can't blame them. Morelos has only had two salary increases, we only spent £50k on Kamara so obviously don't think he's worth more, Helander hasn't even had a game yet, and Polster hasn't been picked ahead of our captain.

Be sad to see him go but surely surely to %^*& we ain't allowing him to go for free???

I'd like to keep him as a squad player. When on form like the 1st half of last season, he is still a very good option. He also helps get the best out of Tav (which is probably my biggest worry in terms of impact of him leaving).

Unfortunately that doesnt look like an option now though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back