Candeias to Turkey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be a no from me he can be a major asset for us over the course of the season unless it was a very good financial offer which i doubt as he is in last year of his contract i would prefer to keep him .

I'm not sure if someone would pay us enough to make it worthwhile to sell rather than us to just keep. All the front players will be rotated so he would get time on the pitch. If offered a million then we might think but anything less then no, just keep.

there is plenty we need to shift before Candeais in my opinion

Herrera
Holt
Dodoo
Dorrans
Lafferty

We'll be trying to shift all the names you've mentioned mate, but maybe an offer has come in for Candeias that suits the club, while there's been nothing for the others on your list.

Surely the body of evidence to be used is the 2 years he has been here?

We have seen his tricks and what he offers now.
Eh? And he has offered us a feking lot mate! One of the hardest workers we have at the club still! You want a gold medal for trying to be a smart arse?

Eh? And he has offered us a feking lot mate! One of the hardest workers we have at the club still! You want a gold medal for trying to be a smart arse?

Not really no..... I would rather Rangers won medals lad.

He has been with us for 2 years now - a friendly against a team who half arsed it is hardly the body of evidence that should be used to asses a player.

We need more from our offensive options than hard work...

it's cool though the dude who most matters knows that - our manager, our summer dealings confirm it.

This further cements the idea we will be playing with 2 narrow forwards, Ojo on the right most of the time with Jones/Arfield on the left, if Kent comes back he can fit into that shape aswell

Really hope it’s not true

He’s a proper grafter and for me, Tav is more effective when Candeias is there to help and protect him with tracking runners

Think it’s crazy we’d consider letting him go whilst keeping Stewart / Hastie who have it all to prove for us

Too right HUGE mistake. If manager thinks Joe Aribo is going to give us what Candeias has that is not going to happen. Kent does not look like he is coming back so he better have a good replacement lined up...

I prefer Arfield playing narrow nearer the striker.
I don’t fancy Arfield on the right of a front three.

I was meaning playing narrow mate, sorry.

We've started every game that way this season, including Marseille on Sunday, when Candeias was outstanding in that position for 45 minutes.

We haven't played with 2 wide men since March last season.

When Candeias goes I doubt we'll miss him in most games we play,but plenty of folk will realise in the 10-15 games a season where we won't dominate the ball for 90 minutes what he brings/brought to the team. I've never seen a winger press with the intensity Candeias does, before the ball has even left the foot of an opposition player passing to their left back he is charging at them with everything he has.

I know that can be dismissed with cliches about hard work not being enough but its been a huge factor in both the number of goals we scored last season taking the ball off teams in their own half, and in the development of Tav as a better defender.

ad rather we got a fee for him now than lost him for free end of season. hes been a good servant to thw club. wish him all the best but ad like to sell

Who knows how true this report is? But it wouldn't surprise me to see him go. He was left out of the Euro squad, he isn't really suited to our new system - doesn't score enough goals or have the quality to breakdown packed defences and at his age I'd imagine he would want to be playing regularly. That being the case if we can get a reasonable transfer fee for him then I think we'd sell.

His eldest son is due to start school I think? So that will have a bearing on it with regard to where him and hid wife want to start that process.

Not really no..... I would rather Rangers won medals lad.

He has been with us for 2 years now - a friendly against a team who half arsed it is hardly the body of evidence that should be used to asses a player.

We need more from our offensive options than hard work...

it's cool though the dude who most matters knows that - our manager, our summer dealings confirm it.

The hard work, allows Tav to score and create assists, it’s called team work.

Would not be near the top of my list of players to go. His form fluctuates but he’s very good when form and confidence are high. Expected him to be a valuable squad player this season.

Used to think he epitomised our team at times over last few years, worked hard with no real great quality most of the time

Imo we need to improve on players like candeias if we genuinely want to win trophies

If he goes then thanks for effort etc and good luck to him

Always sad to see a player go who can still offer something and loves being here so much. But I feel like from the winter break to the end of the season he started to show that he's on the decline in terms of quality, he looked out of place compared to the other players we had on the park. Players generally deteriorate quickly post 30 years old and this could be Rangers looking to cash in while he's still looking good.

If we get £750,000 to £1.5million for him, I feel like we have to be accepting that.

The hard work, allows Tav to score and create assists, it’s called team work.

I for one definitely don't doubt his team work and work rate, but Tav will still continue to have multiple assists.

He's already got 4 this season without him and had a good few through the last couple of months of last season, after Candeias had been dropped.

I feel that he is a sellable asset that wouldn't reduce the quality of the team too much as we have his replacement already at the club.

The problem we have is the squad needs trimmed.

It’s easy saying shift the deadwood but someone has to want to buy them. Given the names on that list I can’t see the queue of potential buyers being that massive. Which means we probably have to look at other options.

I like him, I’d prefer to keep him but ultimately if we are prepared to let him go then I’d think that there must be a reasonably high chance that Kent will be coming back.

Not in the Premiership. Tav's output increased markedly once he started playing with Candeias in front of him.

I would still class 2 goals and 9 assists as a pretty decent return from a RB in a team that was utterly dug shit as quite good personally.

That would stack up if it wasn't for the shit loads of goals and assists Tav had before Candieas arrived.

Well if he goes let’s see what happens.
When Tav goes forward Candeias covers, our defence is far more solid as shown in the goals against stats.

07-08 he had 16 goals in 49 games.

He scored some big ones, sure, but 1 in 3 isn't a great return.

08-09: 38 games, 10 goals
09-10: 49 games, 9 goals.

Played on the wing mostly which never suited him and lots of those ‘appearances’ are off the bench.

Did this actually ever happen??

even when Candeias didn’t have a particularly good game going forward he more than made up for it with hard work tracking back and covering Tavernier
Exactly.hes a teriffic wee player for us.Would hate to see him leave.

Well if he goes let’s see what happens.
When Tav goes forward Candeias covers, our defence is far more solid as shown in the goals against stats.

Yeah, I am excited by it actually...

I reckon we get an ever better quality of attacking output from Tav with a winger who can go and play on the half turn ala Arfield.

I have never found the whole Tav's performance is dependent on thing Candieas that valid personally..

I reckon he will be sound defensively without him as well - Tav....

Crazy as it is I reckon Goldson, Shagger and Jack offer a better level of defensive support than Kiernan, Foderingham and Holt did and that made the bigger difference - well that and a competent coaching team and an actual strategic structure.

Ask yourself if you’d rather have Candeias or any of Jones/Hastie/Stewart.

I know my answer.
The other 3.

Candeias has started pre season very well, but im not forgetting the 2 years hes been in the team and lacked quality most weeks. Works hard aye but shouldnt every pro player.

Makes sense if hes goes imo

Would be a gamble to let him go, his work rate and covering of Tav is class, we have yet to see what anyone of the new signing can contribute,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back