Candeias to Turkey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really like the guy
He game his all every game and was decent for us.
Moving forward we probably need better and although he would be a good squad player I don’t think he would settle for that at his age.
He is at that age where he probably wants to play every week.
Good luck to him, he goes with my best wishes, he was one of the few successes of the Pedro era

No way are Jones or Hastie a better option for us than him. No chance. If he wants and is allowed to leave for peanuts then there’s something else going on.

Far from convinced that a lot of the wingers we have brought in during this window are an upgrade on Candeias. Can understand being tempted by a decent fee for a guy of his age though.

Skipped from page 4 to hear. Has anyone suggested the price? That is surely the most important thing.

£500k and they can %^*& right off.

£1.5mill and i’m listening.

£5mill and i’m suddenly a hater...

No way are Jones or Hastie a better option for us than him. No chance. If he wants and is allowed to leave for peanuts then there’s something else going on.
It’s doesnt have to mean there is something going on other than the manager doesn’t really rate him as a first team pick and Candy doesn’t want to be a bench warmer.
It’s the gaffers prerogative and he might rate Jones, Hastie Ojo and Murphy higher.
Let’s trust his judgement and hope he is right

It’s doesnt have to mean there is something going on other than the manager doesn’t really rate him as a first team pick and Candy doesn’t want to be a bench warmer.
It’s the gaffers prerogative and he might rate Jones, Hastie Ojo and Murphy higher.

Honestly, I think that's exactly what this is. Fairly simple, but just reckon SG has given DC a fair crack of the whip and doesn't think he's going to reach the level he wants in that position.

I really like Candeias, but for all his graft and passion, I can't say I'm surprised of the manager thinks he's ultimately surplus to requirements in a bloated squad and in his early 30s, it's a good time for the player to move on and give himself a chance of a decent contract before it's too late.

If he's gone at a relatively cheap price, that may also be a compromise between the two parties if SG would rather offload him and DC wants to attract a particular level of interest too.

Skipped from page 4 to hear. Has anyone suggested the price? That is surely the most important thing.

£500k and they can %^*& right off.

£1.5mill and i’m listening.

£5mill and i’m suddenly a hater...

You'll be disappointed then.

We've next to no chance of getting £500k for him

Have to say I'm very surprised at this. Thought he would be second to Ojo on the right side. It either means we know know where Arfield will slot in albeit bringing a completley different style from Candeias or we are bringing in another right sided winger. Ojo ain't here to be second fiddle.

his pointing to the back of his top and the angry reaction last season and this season tells me SG ain't his greatest fan

What sort of salary is Candeias on? If he’s a relatively decent earner then I’d be ok with moving him on if it brings in a fee as well

Can we replace (or have we already replaced) what he gives to the team for £300k? If you think the answer is 'no' then selling him for that amount makes little sense. If you think he is now surplus then the (guess 10k per weekish?) 500k or so in wages and £300k makes sense.

Ojo is loan
Hastie is nowhere near ready (based on tonight’s performance)
Murphy may not fully recover and to my mind looked clumsy on Sunday
Jones may well turn out to be a better player but the jury is still out

In the pre season games so far he's played he's been one of our best players he looks like he's fighting for the Jersey now he has some competition for his position. I really hope we keep him but if the gaffer doesnt rate him he'll be off

Steven Gerrard says the club have reluctantly let Daniel Candeias speak to a club in Turkey. The winger told the Rangers boss he wants to explore the option of moving there despite the club wanting him to stay.

I’d be sorry to see him go and surprised that he’d want to leave. Maybe at his age he fancies one last earner.

Last edited:
He's definitely not on the list of players we need rid of. I think this would be a shame. He always had a moment of magic in him on a big occasion. Worked his knackers off in OF games too.

I wouldn’t grudge him a move. Ojo, Jones, Hastie, Murphy, Stewart, Arfield and potentially Kent can all play in his position.

He’s 31 and will feel he wants to start most games. He won’t do that for us.

I’d prefer him to stay but wish him all the best if he goes.

Steven Gerrard says the club have reluctantly let Daniel Candeias speak to a club in Turkey.

The winger told the Rangers boss he wants to explore the option of moving there despite the club wanting him to stay. https://t.co/YqQncimgs0
Id like to have thought hed want to stay and fight it out for the position as based on recent form he has a chance. It's disappointing he wants to go but he's been a good servant who has always given his all so Ill respect whatever decisions he reaches.

I reckon Gerrard has told him he won't feature as much as Candeias would like and he's started looking elsewhere. Would of liked to keep him as a squad player but wouldn't stand on his way if he wanted to leave

Can see why Gerrard wants to keep him.

Murphy needs to get back up to speed.

Stewart isn’t the answer wide right away from home in Europe. We’d get slaughtered.

Candeias is ideal for that type of game. In turn, it helps Tav, massively.

Can see why he’d want to go though. Always the risk when you leave someone out and look for the reaction.

My guess is he wants to play every week, Gerrard told him that won’t be the case, so he is looking to go elsewhere to be in the starting 11 most weeks.

He provided more than Kent last year if you’re basing it on goals and assists yet most would give their left baw for Kent.

That’s a fair point but I don’t think Kent is coming back either. I reckon Jordan Jones was signed for this reason and in a similar vein I’ve a funny feeling Jones could prove to be more effective in terms of assists and goals.

He’s going according to Chris Jack

STEVEN GERRARD has allowed winger Daniel Candeias to hold talks with Genclerbirligi after he expressed his desire to leave Rangers this summer.
The Portuguese is closing in on a switch to Turkey after holding talks with Gerrard and Director of Football Mark Allen this week.
Gerrard was keen to retain the services of Candeias and have the 31-year-old fight for a place in his Gers squad this term.
But Candeias has chosen to explore other options after being left out of the group for the Europa League first qualifying round tie with St Joseph’s.
“I had a conversation on Wednesday with Daniel and he said he wanted to go and speak to a team in Turkey,” Gerrard said after the 6-0 win at Ibrox. “We’ve had an approach and we had a real adult conversation.
“I said I wanted him to stay and fight for the shirt and be part of the squad but he said he wants to go and explore the situation in Turkey so we reluctantly but respectfully granted him permission.
“He’s a good man and been a good servant so he’s going to speak to the club in Turkey and we’ll see how that one develops.
“I have to respect Daniel and keep a lot of the conversation private but it boils down to him wanting to be a regular starter as in every single game.
“At his age he doesn’t want to be part of the squad and fight for the shirt without any guarantees so we have to respect his decision but it was Daniel’s decision to explore this interest.”
Candeias has been a key member of the Rangers squad since moving to Ibrox during the ill-fated reign of countryman Pedro Caixinha.
He is one of the few players to have survived the sweeping changes that have been implemented since but faced increasing competition for his starting spot this term.
Gerrard has added wide men Jordan Jones, Jake Hastie and Sheyi Ojo to his squad, while he retains an interest in another loan move for Ryan Kent.
And it is increasingly likely that Candeias will have no further part to play this term after making what looks like his farewell appearance against Marseille at the weekend.
Gerrard said: “Myself and Mark Allen sat in front of him and echoed that we’d like him to stay so we’ll see how it develops in the next 24 to 48 hours.
“My gut feeling is that he wants to move on. The financial side of it isn’t my business but since I’ve walked in the door I only want people who are prepared to fight for the shirt and nobody is guaranteed to start.
“I want people prepared to fight tooth and nail to be part of the XI. I really respect him as a person and where he’s at in his career.
‘He’s not the best sub and I understand because I wanted to play ever game as a player. But I made it quite clear I wanted him to stay but respected his decision and I’ll never stand in anyone’s way if they want to speak to another team."
It was Hastie and fellow summer signing Greg Stewart that provided the support to Alfredo Morelos against St Joseph’s as Rangers rounded off their first round qualifier with ease.
Morelos hit a hat-trick at Ibrox after Joe Aribo had opened the scoring and Jermain Defoe came off the bench to net twice as the Light Blues cruised to an emphatic 10-0 aggregate victory to set up a tie with Progres Niederkorn.
Gerrard said: “The first half was quite boring, slow and predictable but the second half was really entertaining and much better.
“Certain people in the starting were quite nervous and tentative and went for the safe option but we were a lot more positive in the second half and entertained the fans.
“When I watch the game back I’ll be a lot more pleased with the second half than the first. When we got into crossing positions we crossed it and when we got the chance to combine and get a shot off we did it.
“I expected us to be better in the first half and the crowd went a bit flat but we were responsible for that. The onus was on us to play quicker and be more positive.”

He's definitely not on the list of players we need rid of. I think this would be a shame. He always had a moment of magic in him on a big occasion. Worked his knackers off in OF games too.
Working knackers off isn’t enough sometimes,how about actually how he played with the ball.
We didn’t miss him in the 2-0 game no did we

Steven Gerrard says the club have reluctantly let Daniel Candeias speak to a club in Turkey.

The winger told the Rangers boss he wants to explore the option of moving there despite the club wanting him to stay. https://t.co/YqQncimgs0
Well that's that then. He's away.

Sad to see him go to be honest.

Possibly not being in the Europa squad finished him off and he now wants away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back