Candeias to Turkey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Gerrard wants one final player, I'd get a proper quality forward who can play anywhere across the line.

Will be sorry to see him go. Sounds a little bit as though the publicly trying to nudge him to up his game / consistency has backfired. I made comments about wondering how wise it was for Gerrard to single him out the other week, as in why couldn't he have just kept those comments between himself and Daniel. Wonder if that has been the tipping point. I genuinely believe that despite the apparent majority view in here we won't realise what we're losing until he's gone. Time will tell...

(And for what it's worth, can anyone honestly believe DC sat down opposite Gerrard and told him he expected to play every week? That sounds a bit far-fetched to be honest...)

If he goes then I’ll be sad to see him go but confident we won’t miss him too much, it is what it is.

Get rid of Candieas, loan out Hastie and bring back Kent.

Leaves us with Kent, Ojo, Jones, Stewart, Arfield and Murphy to cover the 2 positions behind the striker. What a squad we have this year.

You do wonder a little if he left because he wasn’t in the Europa squad or if he wasn’t in the squad because we knew he was leaving.

Good luck to him. Always did his best and seems to be doing this the right way. Disappointed to lose him but can see why he’d want to go

If he goes then we have basically replaced him and kent with ojo and jones so we might actually need another winger even though it seemed like we have alot of cover

I find it hard to believe, I think he has been told he will get very limited game time so essentially been shown the door. Every interview he does, he always says how settled he feels in Glasgow and it’s good he has found a home after bouncing from Club to Club. Doesn’t make sense to me... come on DC, stick around and win your place back for 55!!

If he goes then we have basically replaced him and kent with ojo and jones so we might actually need another winger even though it seemed like we have alot of cover

And Hastie. And Stewart & Arfield can play there too. I'd say we're well equipped in that area if Kent comes back, I'd rather get a creative attacking mid to complete the squad.

Gerrard confirming candieas wants to play every game and he cant give him that. Candieas is not good enough to start for us week in week out to wrestle title from Celtic.

Ruthless from manager and I love it. Candieas is a good player. If he was happy to be sub and play some games then great but otherwise best he moves

Just gutted he has been a bit of a journeyman and never settled anywhere but he isnt getting any younger and probably wants to play as much as possible and we can't offer that

I personally would have loaned Hastie out the way we did with Docherty last season, and looked to keep Candeias as a squad player for one last season.

Unless the player really has said he has to play every week, which would be a surprise considering he didn't start every week last season.

Really disappointing. Looks like getting papped out of the European squad was the final straw. Gerrard's comments after the Marseille game were a bit uncalled for I thought at the time but makes more sense now.

I just hope the same thing doesn't happen with Katic.

I personally would have loaned Hastie out the way we did with Docherty last season, and looked to keep Candeias as a squad player for one last season.

Unless the player really has said he has to play every week, which would be a surprise considering he didn't start every week last season.

Read the manager’s comments. He pretty much has said that Candeias wanted a start every week

Really disappointing. Looks like getting papped out of the European squad was the final straw. Gerrard's comments after the Marseille game were a bit uncalled for I thought at the time but makes more sense now.

I just hope the same thing doesn't happen with Katic.
The final straw? He started 40 odd games last season and clearly wasn’t good enough for the manager.

There's 4 or 5 I'd rather see go before the wee man.

He realises he'll struggle to get a few games every couple of months now with Ojo and Stewart as competition in his position. Kent can play there too, even if he's suited to the left. Then there are other formations that'll keep him out further.

I can understand a lad his age making this decision. I'll miss the guy, he's been excellent at times but never consistent. As many have said before...if he was on song regularly we'd never have been able to sign him.

If he goes I thank him and only wish him every success !

Candeias leaves with my best wishes. Player who always gave 100% for the jersey. He didn’t win us anything and was inconsistent but good luck.

Really disappointing. I'd have DC before Stewart every single day of the week. It's not even close. He's also far better than Hastie at this point. Jones I've not seen enough of.

Gutted to see Dan heading for the door. Massively underrated by a lot of folk on here.

Gerrard makes reference to money in his comments for some reason. Wondering if Dan wanted more money, assuming he will be on low wages comparatively speaking and he might think his efforts are worth more.

Gerrard made a mistake by publicly shaming him (shaming perhaps the wrong word but all I can think of) imo, he didn't deserve the comments made about him, not publicly anyway.

I like Candias like poster above underrated by a lot of ppl.

He compliments tav a lot by doing the dirty work by tracking back when tav is attacking. His work rate is very good.

I agree his final ball can be wayward but there are times he delivers a fantastic ball, the one against the Moscow team last year for Alfredo to score for it to be wrongly ruled offside.

Cant help but feel if Candias was brought up across the road people reactions to him would be a lot different.

I notice he wasn't in the Rangers squad listed on the programme tonight, not just the match squad.
I'd be gutted to see the wee man go as I think he is capable of being a match winner for us and I'd be even more gutted if he left for next to nothing!

There are a lot better players than Candeias sitting on the bench at other clubs every week. Sure they are high profile clubs but that’s what you get when you are operating at higher levels. With Rangers, we are continually making efforts to get our club to a higher level. There are higher profile players at Rangers spending time on the bench. Either Defoe or Morelos for one.

If that’s an issue for him it’s best he goes. Because it’s not going to get any easier at Rangers, hopefully it continues to get more difficult.

While I like DC, important to remember that some of our best football last season at end we played with only one winger. Wouldn’t be surprised to see this again when Arfield up to speed

Undisclosed fee is what he’ll for as we’ll be too embarrassed to admit what we punted him for.
Tav will be gutted as Candy covered for him tenaciously. Gerrard is a class act but made a wee mistake in his handling of this matter.
Anyway good luck Candy and thanks for everything. Way more of a bear than most of the players we’ve had on the books lately.

Good player and always gave 100%

However the bar is being raised day by day and he doesn't fancy it.

Gaffer talks about continual quality end product and producing in big moments. DC is inconsistent on both fronts.

We've a tremendous squad & if it's Daniel out for Kent back, it's a no brainer.

Also think a few folks going to end up with egg on their face about Stewart. I believe his numbers in his first year with us will better DCs.

If he’s offski he goes with my best wishes. He’s a player I’ll remember fondly, but I don’t think he’s good enough to be first pick in a title winning side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back