Candeias to Turkey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need more than industry to be a team player for Rangers, according to reports, S.G. & Allen thru.down the gauntlet to him, and he's not prepared to take up the challenge.So if that's the case he can move on, as weve now got a lot of talented players in the squad, waiting for their chance.
And what reports are they exactly?

And what reports are they exactly?
Stevie G said he spoke to him, couldn't guarantee him a first team starting place. Candeias asked to be allowed to talk to the Turks and the management team agreed. He wants guarantees and hes not getting them. Hes been one of our decent buys but he is replacable.

Will be interesting to see our wide men stats this season in terms of goals, assists and chances created.

Candeias isn't going to see the game time he wishes no matter how hard he works. If he feels he has a better chance of regular football elsewhere then fair enough. A leader club will probably give time those guarantees plus he is a good player.

One thing Candieas can never be accused of is not giving his all so I don't see the point in the, see ya comments.

Will be interesting to see our wide men stats this season in terms of goals, assists and chances created.

Candeias isn't going to see the game time he wishes no matter how hard he works. If he feels he has a better chance of regular football elsewhere then fair enough. A leader club will probably give time those guarantees plus he is a good player.

One thing Candieas can never be accused of is not giving his all so I don't see the point in the, see ya comments.
He rarely made the difference when we were struggling. A sign of many great Rangers players.

He was player of the year two seasons ago, and one of our better performers in Europe last year, yet still "fans" don't rate him. He's also done well this preseason, and was integral to our high press tactic last season. I think this season, this will be slightly different because of the fluidity of movement within the team, rather than the Kent on the left, Alfie in the middle, and Candeias on the right that we had for the majority of last season. If he goes, he goes with my gratitude and appreciation.

I'd really like him to stay and think it would be a loss if he goes.

For those criticising his attitude for 'not being willing to stay and fight for his place' I think you need to look at the situation in a bit more depth. He's 31 and probably has a year left on his contract, which he knows will be unlikely to be renewed. If he moves now if could be for a 3 year deal that ensures he's still earning a decent wedge as he enters the twilight of his career. Remember this isn't a man who's been playing for top teams throughout his career so although he'll be on money that many of us can only dream about in footballing terms he's not gonna be a multi millionaire and the end isn't too far off for him.

I thought he might have seen out the final year of his contract, especially given he'll be part of a squad that will likely lift a trophy.

Is that money that much better in Turkey? Coming off a successful year with us might ensure a better offer next Summer.

He's had numerous good performances in some of the bigger domestic and European games.

Over the years we've not had many players who have made the difference when we were struggling.
I'm pleased you'll be recalling his efforts in years to come and I'll be sitting thinking about players like Tommy McLean, Davie Cooper and Walters. You'll be feasting over The Candyman. Enjoy.

He trirs
Seriously?!

Candeias is a much better player than Novo was. And I loved Novo.

^^^^^

This, without any doubt, is easily the most ridiculous statement I have ever read on FF in all my days, (through many years and usernames) , and, as we all have, I’ve read some utter pish, but this one really take the prize.

%^*& me, Candeias or Nacho Novo?

hahahahahahaahahahahahaahahaha

We must have the most anal retentive support ever. No one should leave and we should never move to another level.
Plenty on her wanting us to keep Bates, Windass, Garner, etc.
Bye, Daniel, thanks for your efforts. You will always be welcome at Ibrox.

Reactions: TQ3
Will be sorry to see him go but a transfer will maybe create a space for a new player or for a promoted youngster.
Need a decent fee, around the £500k mark.

From what I’ve seen he’s miles ahead of Hastie and jones, Aribo has been okay. Don’t think this is a very smart move at all but we obviously can’t guarantee him game time.

33 league games last year - 5 goals, 5 assists

We need better. Shame he doesn't want to fight for his place but he has his reasons. I won't shed any tears when he leaves, nor will I criticise him unduly. Decent player, gave plenty of effort but too often with no end product. We move on, and I'm sure we'll replace him with a more effective player.

You’ve judged Hastie, Jones and Aribo already having played two competitive games ?

I wonder what goes on in some people’s heads at times

No from last season and this, so far, and currently he is miles ahead. They might jump through the levels shortly but I wouldn’t take that risk

If DC can play like the way he played against Marseille he's unplayable.

However, he has too many off days.

We have upgraded.

He's been a decent servant for us.

One of my strange memories were that Brenda wanted to sign him directly from us. Don't know why that stuck.

He rarely made the difference when we were struggling. A sign of many great Rangers players.
Eh?

There's hardly a player on the planet who often makes the difference when a team struggles.
When a team struggles, good players struggle too.

Only rarely do the make a difference.

A bit like Candeais if you like.

We need better..

That really is it in a nutshell and I don't know why it's so hard to grasp for some on here.

We are going for the trophies, and if you play for a club that demands those expectations, those numbers are simply not good enough for a man that plays in a front 3

No amount of he "works hard" or "brings the best out of our right back" means anything.

We need straight up quality, consistency and numbers from those who will replace Candeias this season.

No from last season and this, so far, and currently he is miles ahead. They might jump through the levels shortly but I wouldn’t take that risk

Joe Aribo will go on to prove he is a much more valuable player to Rangers than Daniel Candieas ever could be. And how is he miles ahead based on this season? Daniel Candeias hasn't played a single minute of competitive football this season!

We need better. Shame he doesn't want to fight for his place but he has his reasons. I won't shed any tears when he leaves, nor will I criticise him unduly. Decent player, gave plenty of effort but too often with no end product. We move on, and I'm sure we'll replace him with a more effective player.

6 goals and 12 assists overall in all competitions sounds better. :) As does his 8 and 13 the season before plus Rangers Player of the Year. He’s done alright but we’ve moved up a level.

Matters not - if the player wants to go then let him go, provided the deal is ‘good’ for us. Same applies to any player as far as I’m concerned.

Joe Aribo will go on to prove he is a much more valuable player to Rangers than Daniel Candieas ever could be. And how is he miles ahead based on this season? Daniel Candeias hasn't played a single minute of competitive football this season!

Agree on Aribo, sorry I mean Ojo. I know what Candieas can do in a rangers shirt.

6 and 12 overall in all competitions sounds better. As does his 8 and 13 the season before plus Rangers Player of the Year. He’s done alright but we’ve moved up a level.

Matters not - if the player wants to go then let him go, provided the deal is ‘good’ for us. Same applies to any player as far as I’m concerned.

I agree with that, on his position we haven’t moved up a level though and he’s very effective in Europe.

I agree with that, on his position we haven’t moved up a level though and he’s very effective in Europe.

I think Ojo and, to a lesser extent, Arfield would see Candeias squeezed out the team mate. I like Candeias but if he wants to go we shouldn’t stand in his way.

Agree on Aribo, sorry I mean Ojo. I know what Candieas can do in a rangers shirt.

Ojo looks a far better player than Candeias and a much bigger goal threat. Far more strings to his bow than Candeias.

DC has been a decent player for us. That is it. He hasn't been great. He hasn't been shit. I'd prefer if he stayed as he would be a decent squad player, but that is all he would be. He has ideas above his ability levels apparently. That is fine, he will move on and so will we!

I like him but i think that's more to do with the fact that he always gives his all rather than his quality, sorry to see him go but i do think ojo will be playing the wide forward position
Plus nobody knows what sort of deal has been offered to him in Turkey, he only had a year left with us maybe he has been offered a longer deal 2 or 3 years possibly his last deal as a pro and doesn't want to be looking for a club after spending a year on our bench

wouldn't like to see him leave but if he's going to get more game time somewhere else and that's what he wants then we shouldn't stop him going

Best post on this thread mate. He constantly gives 110% and has always shown our club the respect and loveit deserves. He's been a fantastic servant and if he goes which I hope he doesn't he'll go with my best wishes

1 less goal and 1 more assist than Ryan Kent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back