Candeias

TerrySilverLoyal

It's about time we highlight just how poor he really can be

As far as effort and workfare goes no complaints. In terms of closing a defender down to his credit he has created a couple of goals out of nowhere

But for a game like that today he is hopeless. His finishing and crossing in particular is deplorable and getting worse by the week. I have zero confidence in his ability to put in a good ball. It's either overhit floated or the laces just get smashed through it.

Very frustrating

He is an average footballer among average footballers he works hard that should be taken for granted we just have very little real quality in our team unfortunately.

Works hard but we are trying to get to a position where that is not enough. Very rarely beats a man for a right mid always checks back looking for tav. Average grafter in my eyes.

He’s long been a bit of a golden boy on here but the guy just lacks any real technical ability.

Great attitude, great work rate and would run through brick walls for the team, but just sadly lacking in ability. He can’t beat a man and his crossing is usually poor.

And that effort from 10 yards out today. Wow.

I like him, but I stand by my comments made a year ago that we will never win anything with Candeias and certain others in the team.

There is a reason he is a career journeyman.

He's mostly there to assist Tav. Offers no creativity.

Which is worrying in itself when you consider Tav is our captain and it's almost as if we need DC to hold his hand.

That miss today summed him up. Absolutely no composure whatsoever. Just hammered it as hard and as high as he could.

I’ve said this before if we want to be winning league titles again candeias is not of the required standard.

No harm to the guy I love his work rate and he’s clearly taken the club to his heart but that doesn’t win you major honours.

We need better.

He had a good run of games where he was excellent, but he's regressed somewhat. He couldn't cross or pass well today, the back heel flicks are just not needed atm, yeh looks great when we're ahead but when you're pushing for a result, it's frustrating.

Work rate can’t be questioned but quality is just not there. Murphys injury has meant Candeias has played a lot more than he would off with Murphy fit.

TBH he is the guy I’d swap out for an upgrade most.

DCs too often off his game. If we could get more consistency and quality from that position I think it would pay huge dividends.

Gives 100% every game and we all love that about him. But the amount of times he puts aimless balls into the box and by aimless I mean receives the ball doesn’t lift his head just hits it into the box is infurating.

Reactions: 8-1
Can’t agree with this thread. He is good enough to be here. Last few weeks I was getting out of my seat at times when he closes folk down nicks the ball and sets us off on a quick counter attack. I think he is one who missed Morelos. Alfie works defenders and pulls them out of position leaving spaces for folk like candieas to exploit. We had no one moving defenders about today and candeias suffered.
No excuse for that dreadful miss tho. No defence for that.

Some of our fans get doe-eyed over him but the reality is, he just isn't good enough.
Runs about a lot yes, technically, not very good.

He’s dreadful in games like today. Like a man down if we’re being honest.

Gives us a great shift and is decent on the counter attack but has little or no skill to break a tightly packed defence down.

To be honest Kent isn’t that much better yet some want him signed permanently. Doesn’t score enough and never finds a team mate with the ball most of the time.

Can’t agree with this thread. He is good enough to be here. Last few weeks I was getting out of my seat at times when he closes folk down nicks the ball and sets us off on a quick counter attack. I think he is one who missed Morelos. Alfie works defenders and pulls them out of position leaving spaces for folk like candieas to exploit. We had no one moving defenders about today and candeias suffered.
No excuse for that dreadful miss tho. No defence for that.

Morelos covers up for how bad our wide players are by fighting for lost causes and winning balls he shouldn’t. As soon as he is away our midfield and wide players look awful and can’t make an accurate pass to save themselves.
Candieas, Middleton, Kent and even when Murphy is fit aren’t good enough to play in a 433 as they don’t score enough.

Games like the one vs the Tims he is invaluable, he is defensively an excellent asset, kills the opposition attacks from the very top, when we need to press, he has the composure of a chicken with its head hacked off.

Not good enough. We are going to be looking for pretty much a new midfield and front three in the summer

It's about time we highlight just how poor he really can be

As far as effort and workfare goes no complaints. In terms of closing a defender down to his credit he has created a couple of goals out of nowhere

But for a game like that today he is hopeless. His finishing and crossing in particular is deplorable and getting worse by the week. I have zero confidence in his ability to put in a good ball. It's either overhit floated or the laces just get smashed through it.

Very frustrating

But don't forget the three wee back heels.

Candeas is a very good player for us and has bad games like all wingers , today was one of them , yes he was dreadful .

However he needs to be told to stop drifting infield all the time we had two wingers on thatlark today and zero width , the whole game was played in about a quarter of the pitch which suited st Johnstone to a tea .

“He can’t beat a man or pass.” Has to be up there with the biggest load of shite I have ever read on here. Let’s just forget his numerous assists and unbelievable passing in games not too far gone,eh? Gies peace ffs!
Numerous assists, what 3 this season or something in the league? He is a very poor winger, scottish championship level at best.

“He can’t beat a man or pass.” Has to be up there with the biggest load of shite I have ever read on here. Let’s just forget his numerous assists and unbelievable passing in games not too far gone,eh? Gies peace ffs!

He makes about 1 good ball in 20, and his lack of a killer ball is covered up by the work rate of Morelos.
Go look at how many the scum wide players and midfielders have scored then look at the pathetic effort from our midfield and wide players.

One off our better players Letts concentrate on the failure signings this season

He makes about 1 good ball in 20, and his lack of a killer ball is covered up by the work rate of Morelos.
Go look at how many the scum wide players and midfielders have scored then look at the pathetic effort from our midfield and wide players.
To say he can’t pass a ball or a man is ludicrous. Don’t know where this is coming from. He allows Tavernier to open up his game also and does a lot of work off the ball. There’s a long list ahead of him need a thread about their perceived lack of ability.

Hes crap.

Runs about alot and gets alot of credit

Games like today you realise the ones that have it and the ones that don't.

He's 2 finishes today sum him up

To say he can’t pass a ball or a man is ludicrous. Don’t know where this is coming from. He allows Tavernier to open up his game also and does a lot of work off the ball. There’s a long list ahead of him need a thread about their perceived lack of ability.

Oh he can, but as I said he does it in about 1 in 20. Today he looked like he had never seen a ball in his life. Every time he touched it he ballooned it. The vast majority of his crosses don’t get past the first defender or are again ballooned over everyone.
He has an amazing work rate but his inconsistency which has saw him getting passed around like a scud mag by so many teams.

Back