Candeias

ctjld.jpg

Once you sober up I'm just curious as to who you think is better at playing in his position currently?
Was it really difficult to ascertain that I meant moving forward, into next season perhaps?

He had a good game last night but we've been here before with Candeias. A hard worker but his overall goal contributions and general creative play are not good enough.

I'm a big fan of his. He is inconsistent yes but show me a winger who isn't.

He works well with the other front players and he tracks back to cover for Tav.

He played very well last night with another three assists.

The difference between guys like Candeias and poster boys like Barisic etc is simple
When candieas is having a bad game, he still works his arse off for the team & supports Tav immensely. There’s a reason he plays more often than not and that’s because the manager trusts him that he will bust a gut to help us win matches. People criticising the crossing might also consider its extremely difficult to find 1 fairly short striker in a box occupied by a goalie, 4 defenders & usually more.
This is a point I regularly make about players like Candeias.
Too many seem to be looking for the eye of a needle pass provided by the Barry Ferguson / Ray Wilkins type.
Candeias is playing a percentage ball into the box, looking for the forward and midfielder to move onto his ball.
That the ball sometimes gets blocked by the nearest defender is often down to the type of cross he’s trying.
It would be very simple to lift the ball, not as easy to get it back down again to the level of Morelos or Defoe.
Stick with him until we can get better but that’s the same in every position.

Was it really difficult to ascertain that I meant moving forward, into next season perhaps?

He had a good game last night but we've been here before with Candeias. A hard worker but his overall goal contributions and general creative play are not good enough.
Does he not still have the most assists in our team?

The difference between guys like Candeias and poster boys like Barisic etc is simple
When candieas is having a bad game, he still works his arse off for the team & supports Tav immensely. There’s a reason he plays more often than not and that’s because the manager trusts him that he will bust a gut to help us win matches. People criticising the crossing might also consider its extremely difficult to find 1 fairly short striker in a box occupied by a goalie, 4 defenders & usually more.
Its also a myth that Barisic puts in a great delivery.

He really really does my head In, last nite puts it on a plate X-3.
Other games ffs can't get it past the first man it's and I'm sorry we need his delivery week in week out.
Work ethic 2nd to none in the leauge.

He's good, sometimes very good but at times a bit inconsistent.

If we could get the very good version every week we would be on to a winner.
Watching Rangers for over 30years I’ve witnessed a lot of genuine very good footballers . To me when Candeias plays this Rangers team has all the attributes of a good team . His work rate off the ball is exceptional and he has the ability to play the quality pass.
When he plays well the Rangers team gets the be job done .

What say ye now ? Looked like he learned to cross a ball ok the last 2 games lol

Or does a dip in form still mean "He can't cross a ball" , will you actually go look at stats and assist facts before writing him off. You could also lookl at how badly Tav is exposed anytime DC has been left out.

You could just admit, you were wrong or even just harsh, hell, you could just plain say that you don't like him, which is obvious.

I know he splits opinion on wether or not he's good enough (I've always been in the "yes he is" camp) but for any doubters and those that say he doesn't contribute enough to the team thats a hat trick of assists tonight added to the second highest assist tally in the league last season. No player can be everyones cup of tea, but Stevie Wonder can see that DC is a great asset to us. Nevermind the fact that he cost less than a million quid, wingers are inconsistent but when they're on song they provide as DC dod tonight. Love the wee man!

He was excellent today , work rate, attitude and final ball really impressive.

He's good, sometimes very good but at times a bit inconsistent.

If we could get the very good version every week we would be on to a winner.

I totally agree with you, he’s got the heart of a mouse, any 50/50 bet on the opposition, HE MOST CERTAINLY HAS THE ABILITY BUT DOESNT PRODUCE IT ENOUGH, SHOULD SCORE MORE GOALS.

As like most of our team his bad games are when the midfield 3 are not at it. The three in the middle need to control the game to allow guys like Tav Candeias and Kent to get into areas where they can hurt teams. It really is as simple as that.

Candeias is a mainstay in our team for reasons other than his attack play, which yesterday was fantastic. But without Candeias' work rate out there on the right Tav would not have half the freedom he has to move forward and cause the havoc he does. Football is a team game and we are a better team when he is involved IMO

Back