Cantwell

I’ve described him to my mates as a poor man’s Jack Grealish and I don't mean that in a disrespectful way. Grealish is a £100m+ player and if us poor men can get 10% of a Grealish fee, then we’ve won a watch.

He has started well, hopefully he loves the adulation he’ll get if he does the business and that gives him the confidence to reach the heights of expectation of a few years ago, if it does, we benefit by hopefully winning things and he benefits with a decent move back home.

So far so good from what he’s done.
I'll try to avoid hyperbole here but i must admit i thought the same based on tonight's viewing (i missed Saturday's game due to travelling). He cuts a similar shape to JG on the ball with his close control and seems very effective at drawing fouls.

I'll try to avoid hyperbole here but i must admit i thought the same based on tonight's viewing (i missed Saturday's game due to travelling). He cuts a similar shape to JG on the ball with his close control and seems very effective at drawing fouls.
JG was the most fouled player in the PL few seasons running I think!! Think TC will be the same here!! He is always gonna be fouled, draw fouls or with his fast feet, get caught!!

He'll certainly win us loads of free kicks and get us far up the pitch. In a similar way to Kent, I like how he shrugs off a challenge and looks immediately to get involved again - none of this hiding nonsense. Think when he's fully settled and match sharp, he'll be a massive baller for us.

Far too early to make any judgment. He looks to have some fight but can recall him doing anything telling as yet

Bar the ball to Morelos who flicked it on to Kamara for the 2nd at the weekend. The tracking back and winning tackles, Moving the ball in tight areas. Breaking away from his man and showing the ability to spray the ball about the park, opening up the play and retaining possession whilst under a challenge. Draws fouls all over the park. Seems to create space for himself and his off the ball movement looks very good.

Early days for Cantwell but given he’s barely played in three months, he’s made a good start. Absolutely bags of talent and ability and if he finds the form he showed at Norwich in both the English Premiership and Championship, then we’ve a real player on our hands.

He's fitted in well. Very skillful, excellent work rate and knows where to be on the park.
He definitely needs refs to be on the ball and strong as its already apparent that he is beginning to be frequently fouled by the opposition.

Great piece of business by us signing a player of his quality. He will stroll our SPFL. My only fear is him being targeted by some of the hammer throwers in our league.

I’ve described him to my mates as a poor man’s Jack Grealish and I don't mean that in a disrespectful way. Grealish is a £100m+ player and if us poor men can get 10% of a Grealish fee, then we’ve won a watch.

He has started well, hopefully he loves the adulation he’ll get if he does the business and that gives him the confidence to reach the heights of expectation of a few years ago, if it does, we benefit by hopefully winning things and he benefits with a decent move back home.

So far so good from what he’s done.
I hope not

Grealish is bang average

Molelos
Kent, Tillman, Cantwell
Lawrence, Raskin
Yilmaz, Davies, Goldson, Tav
Shagger

That’s a team I’d love to see when everyone’s fit and firing, and even then you’re feeling like Kamara, Hagi, Sakala and Lundstram in particular are very unfortunate not to be starting and there’s plenty other quality competition, Jack, Colak, Borna even the younger players.

We’ve really turned a corner with just two signings and Beale getting much more out of players we have and there’s so much more to come.

Exciting times.
That team could be sensational

Had a chuckle at snodgrass hauling him down after he got by him just after he came on, they would have played together at norwich when Snodgrass was at his best i think. Didnt have the legs to be dealing with cantwell then.
I dont mind Snodgrass btw was a really good player in his day.
I thought that re Norwich but I think Snodgrass was before Cantwell.

You can tell he has bags of ability. Looking forward to seeing him fully fit.

With the arrival of him & Raskin and Lawrence & Hagi both to come back the squad is definitely looking stronger.

We've all of a sudden got options, and it's becoming difficult to decide who to leave out. That's the position we want to be in.

I hope not

Grealish is bang average

Grealish is not "bang average" by any measurement.

When taken in context, I think it's clear he's not a £100m player in a Man City's squad, but not being a standout in that squad does not reduce him to being bang average.

There are literally hundreds of players currently playing in the EPL who are the 'average' for that level of football, but Grealish isn't one of them.

Cantwell, Tillman, Raskin on the pitch at the same time,
Now there’s something to look forward to
We suddenly have a team packed with flair and creativity. Hagi and Lowry coming off the bench and contributing potentially too. Skill across our team will make us much harder to defend against, and much more entertaining to watch!

Bielsa wanted the boy at Leeds so he must have something, lets hope he turns into the player many think he should be.

In both games he has played in so far, I've been impressed with the amount of pitch he covers. He has been back as the midfield out ball for the central defence. He's also really comfortable getting the ball with other players near him and he doesn't panic and play a loose pass but instead will hold onto it, twist and turn then dribble away with it.

Back