Cappielow 19th April 1980, the Pulled Programmme and that Picture

Saltcoatsblu

Most Rangers programme collectors will know this run of the mill, non postponed programme will set them back around £100+...
Why?
Well the morning before the game the Morton directors notice that, their programme feature Premier Pin-Up
was Alan Sneddon (Celtic) and pulled it immediately before kick-off, to save offending the Rangers fans attending
the match.
The Printers were Orr Pollock & Co local Greenock Company
Verdict..... Twisted Local mentally challenged at the wind up....probably

<a href="https://ibb.co/mb2Z1Wb">
whc-9th-July-2001092

<a href="https://ibb.co/1TM2C67">
whc-9th-July-2001094

<a href="https://ibb.co/F7vrb4H">
whc-9th-July-2001093

Think I was at this match and I bought a programme don't know if it was this one though. Probably not if they pulled it.

Think I was at this match and I bought a programme don't know if it was this one though. Probably not if they pulled it.
According to some, it was on sale early before the game, the picture was noticed then prog was pulled, so you could've bought one

D & D programmes in Kilmarnock have one listed on their website catalogue. They want £300 for it! Rangers v Morton 1948 Cup Final replay is £1,900

According to some, it was on sale early before the game, the picture was noticed then prog was pulled, so you could've bought one
Still got the program somewhere. Remember Andy Ritchie. The first and only time in Cappielow. Jim Tolmie was a Dennistoun lad as well as playing for them.

The only useful thing about Alan Sneddon is his name is rhyming slang when going home ....." right I'm Alan Sneddon ( heading) " .

Yeah that is what I got told before they were pulled from sale

That programme along with Airdrie LC in 75/76 season were the only 2 aways I could think of I needed from 1975/76 season onwards when I was collecting 20 years ago

Last edited:
Close mate title decider May 1991, if you’ve got one with Pope must die advert, it’s worth a good few quid
They had a guy dressed up as the pope and they had a couple of camera’s filming the fans reaction when the came out the tube station

The Morton player is definitely John McNeil, I grew up beside him as a boy. He was a brilliant player and should have played at a much higher level. I think he had a spell at Dundee Utd.

Still got the program somewhere. Remember Andy Ritchie. The first and only time in Cappielow. Jim Tolmie was a Dennistoun lad as well as playing for them.
Jim Tolmie scored the only goal when Morton beat us at Ibrox. It was probably the last time it happened unless I am missing the obvious.

Not entirely relevant to the tenet of the thread but that was a very good Morton side.

Strangest thing about that programme is the sun is shining in that picture.
Been to Cappielow many times back in the day and never saw weather like that.

Went to school with JT, he was year older than me. Decent player, not the best in our group however

Went to school with JT, he was year older than me. Decent player, not the best in our group however
Remember playing footy up Whitehill pitch and he and another lad came along and asked for a game, they jumped on one on each side. I thought I was a decent player but couldn't get near him. He was a journeyman pro but looked like Maradona compared to the rest of us!

Back