Captain Bruno

Polar bear

Ive obviously missed the comments already posted,but would really appreciate the update.
What do my fellow bears feel about Bruno,and not Dorrans captaining us.?
Me personally am okay with it,and as long as we are winning,long may it continue.

I'm happy enough. He leads by example and going by his post match interview speaks English very well and of course speaks Portuguese and no doubt also Spanish.

Right now, the pressure of being "one of our own" is enough for Dorrans, he looked a different player tonight. Alves has had more pressure on a normal day, he will stroll the captaincy, even Lee might find it easier.

He has vast experience playing at the very top and you can tell he's a natural leader.

I honestly don't think any of the players would have an issues with him taking the armband so I don't think we as the support should either.

He played very well and allowed Dorrans to focus on his football which he did very very well.

Cardoso's interview sums it up for me,

"“It is good for me being with Bruno too because we are always talking, he has a lot of experience and he commands me and demands a lot of me."

Big Bruno is a natural at this game.

Similarly Alves post match interview he was very like Pedro in his responses. Very apparent that they are on the same page. Would be happy if he kept it even when Wallace returns as that was the most together we've seen this team so far.

The pecking order seems to be:
Wallace, Miller, Alves, Dorrans - which is all fair enough depending on whether your believed all the innuendo about Miller.
Will be interesting to see where we go after this - Wallace seems to go from injury to injury; Miller is playing his last season, no doubt this time; no idea how long Bruno will be with us for; and maybe its not as natural for Dorrans.
I'm taking a massive leap here, but by the time Bruno retires or leaves... could McCrorie become captain of Rangers? He seems to have been a leader in every age group and everyone at the club talks about him in the most glowing terms possible. Hopefully a few years away, but interesting none the less.

Last edited:
Wallace, Miller, Alves, Dorrans - which is all fair enough depending on whether your believed all the innuendo about Miller.
Will be interesting to see where we go after this - Wallace seems to go from injury to injury; Miller is playing his last season, no doubt this time; no idea how long Bruno will be with us for; and maybe its not as natural for Dorrans.
I'm taking a massive leap here, but by the time Bruno retires are leaves... could McCrorie become captain of Rangers? He seems to have been a leader in every age group and everyone at the club talks about him in the most glowing terms possible. Hopefully a few years away, but interesting none the less.

Glad Pedro still gave McCrorie some game last night, Pedro was bang on to drop him for Alves and Cardoso though

I'm taking a massive leap here, but by the time Bruno retires are leaves... could McCrorie become captain of Rangers? He seems to have been a leader in every age group and everyone at the club talks about him in the most glowing terms possible. Hopefully a few years away, but interesting none the less.

I think Jack looks like our next long term captain.

Was my choice for captain from day one.

Centre back see the whole game from their position, he's a leader, experienced and a great communicator. Men like Bruno Alves lead by example.

Alves has played all over Europe, won titles, won cups, is approaching 100 caps for Portugal. Of course he should be the captain, he's achieved more in his career than any of our current players and should have their respect for that reason. He speaks enough languages to help the new lads settle in.

Bruno has the experience, credibility and leadership needed to be a captain. I’d be happy if he keeps the armband. I also prefer a captain at centre half, probably a throwback to the Butcher and Gough days. I just think it works.

If Wallace does manage to get back in the team - not guaranteed given Declan John’s form - I’d rather he concentrates on improving his own game than taking on the captaincy again.

Whether or not he has the armband I think he's the captain
Does anyone believe Lee Wallace or any other Rangers player tells Bruno what to do?
Is there any player at Rangers you think Bruno would not confront if needed?
The answers to those questions tells you who the real captain is

Think when Bruno was signed many expected, or wanted him to be given the armband
I wanted him as captain.

Nice guy that Wallace is, he's not a natural leader imo. Yes, he stayed when others left, but that doesn't make him a leader.

For the record, Miller being a greeting faced Bassa doesn't make him a leader either.

I'd have Bruno captain, and Jack as vice captain (long term succession planning)

Every player in the squad willlook up to Bruno

The guy has done it all

Wtf has dorrans done?

Unbelievable

Last night Bruno showed what a captain should be doing telling people their jobs and best place to be positional wise, a big difference from Wallace who says nothing on the field neither does Miller or Dorrans, John Greig could have been having a stinker of a game but would still be barking at others and telling them what to do Bruno is of that ilk a talker motivator and leader Wallace in my opinion has none of those attributes

Should be dorrans imo, was at the game and he did most of the talking and despite what others are saying cardoso was rubbish in the first half so no obvious influence from Bruno there, Alves so far has been nothing more than a solid centre half for me.

Should be dorrans imo, was at the game and he did most of the talking and despite what others are saying cardoso was rubbish in the first half so no obvious influence from Bruno there, Alves so far has been nothing more than a solid centre half for me.

Agree... Alves hasn’t impressed me thus far if I’m honest.

Perhaps my expectations of him were to high to start with.

Thank you to Wallace for all you’ve done in the role, but it’s nothing personal, Alves should be captain.

Ive obviously missed the comments already posted,but would really appreciate the update.
What do my fellow bears feel about Bruno,and not Dorrans captaining us.?
Me personally am okay with it,and as long as we are winning,long may it continue.

If he was younger maybe but I have no doubt he would be a really good captain.

W.A.T.P.

At the match,
Thought Bruno reacted to the captaincy,Best game since joining us.lead by example.
Dorrans had a good game,one of our best players
Met both after th st.johnstone match most intimidating by a "country "bruno

He should be Captain, but it's also good that we have other candidates for the role.

If Bruno being captain allows Dorrans to continue playing the way he did on Friday, then I'm all for Bruno keeping it.

Right now, the pressure of being "one of our own" is enough for Dorrans, he looked a different player tonight. Alves has had more pressure on a normal day, he will stroll the captaincy, even Lee might find it easier.

Spot on.

Dorrans had disappointed in most of the earlier games but now thriving with extra responsibility of playing deeper and being the central playmaker.

Bruno was a magnet for the ball on Friday night, starting to look like the player we all hoped we had signed after an average start. Definitely captain material as cannot imagime much would faze the big man.

Last edited:
Back