Captain James T. Kirk

VQLczTt.gif

Captain's log stardate 07/03/2021... the green menace have put up no more fights and have submitted to our onslaught... here aboard the U.S.S Gerrard we have reached Warp Factor 55 with the help of such staunch crew members as Captain James Tavernier, Commander Helander and Lieutenant Commander Alfredo Morelos, our most trusted warrior.

Captain's log stardate 07/03/2021... the green menace have put up no more fights and have submitted to our onslaught... here aboard the U.S.S Gerrard we have reached Warp Factor 55 with the help of such staunch crew members as Captain James Tavernier, Commander Helander and Lieutenant Commander Alfredo Morelos, our most trusted warrior.
Theres Klingons on the starboard bow..

I love the thought that Captain Kirk sets his alarm to get up at the crack of dawn somewhere in the Hollywood hills to watch the Rangers on HESGOALS :)

The gorn was green:)

His parents owned a chemists shop in Bangor and his mother - like most of Bangor - was a Montgomery. They emigrated to Canada where Doohan was born. So not exactly Oirish Irish.

The Scotty character was (genuinely) supposed to come from Linlithgow on the show, so there's a good chance he was a Bear!

The Scotty character was (genuinely) supposed to come from Linlithgow on the show, so there's a good chance he was a Bear!
I always thought it was Aberdeen due to these references:-

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Aberdeen

Either way this is beyond magnificent as I have been a ST fan since I was a kid, particularly TOS and of course Captain Kirk, who I think, shares many of the qualities found in our own Fearless Leader.

I got drunk with James Doohan in the Hard Rock Cafe in Houston late 80’s. He was missing half of a finger (something he disguised on the show). Loved his Dewars and water did Jimmy. I asked him if his accent was based on an Aberdonian accent and he got quite chuffed and said yes, as he was stationed in Aberdeen during the war with the Canadian forces.

I always thought it was Aberdeen due to these references:-

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Aberdeen

Either way this is beyond magnificent as I have been a ST fan since I was a kid, particularly TOS and of course Captain Kirk, who I think, shares many of the qualities found in our own Fearless Leader.

Doolan's Wiki page explains it - the scripts and his family said he was from Linlithgow but he did have that line (or lines) about drinking on Union Street (or whatever it was).

I only remember the Linlithgow thing as I'm from there and the local museum made a big deal about it. Quite cool, anyway - of all the town to pick!

Back