Captain next season

It shows how bad things are we have zero candidates if Tavernier and Goldson go or are stripped.
(I do think we will sell Butland so I've excluded him.)

Think of past title winning sides.

No Gough?
Then McCall, Brown, McCoist, Ferguson could easily step in.

No Ferguson?
Numan, Amo, Moore, Klos, de Boer.

No Weir?
Davis, Thomson, McCulloch, McGregor or even Bougherra would easily step up.

No Tav or Goldson during 55?

McGregor, Davis, Arfield all guys you would expect to see armbanded.

This lot?

Nothing.
That’s more about the quality of guys at the club - every one you listed would walk into our starting 11 now.

Whatever your view on Tav now he often stepped up to the plate to take control of games which showed leadership, Souttar is captain material as is Jack. Sterling looks like he could be and there is absolutely no doubt Butland could be captain. Lawrence was captain for years at Derby. The problem is they are all either not very good players or they are no longer very good players!

It shows how bad things are we have zero candidates if Tavernier and Goldson go or are stripped.
(I do think we will sell Butland so I've excluded him.)

Think of past title winning sides.

No Gough?
Then McCall, Brown, McCoist, Ferguson could easily step in.

No Ferguson?
Numan, Amo, Moore, Klos, de Boer.

No Weir?
Davis, Thomson, McCulloch, McGregor or even Bougherra would easily step up.

This lot?

Nothing.

An excellent point. Not an enjoyable one to read, but nail/head/hit Sir.

Personally I'd like to see Butland be Captain next season, if he's not sold for rebuild money. Out with that I'm not sure who be captain unless club bring in one worthy during summer. But has to be one constantly representing club with heart on his sleeve.
I think he will be gone aswell as tav if either are not they will be captain one or the other. If both ate gone Soutar or Davies might be good captains.

When Raskin first joined I thought he looked like a future Captain.

Dessers has all of the attributes a captain needs apart from being a good footballer.
Souttar, Davies, Raskin, a few others all have the attributes needed for being a captain but share the same in not being good enough footballers. We would just be replacing one sub par captain with another. I suggested earlier I would appoint a provisional captain (Butland or Souttar) and then make a full decision at the end of the summer.

No Weir?
Davis, Thomson, McCulloch, McGregor or even Bougherra would easily step up

This lot?

Nothing.
I thought Kevin Thomson was 100% nailed on to be Rangers captain one day, until he left for Middlesborough obviously. One things for sure, bug eyes McGregor wouldn’t be swanning around in midfield had a prime KT been in there.

Back