Captaincy up for grabs - The Sun

Or dare I say it...Skrtel.An angry b.astard that hates to lose and isn't shy letting everyone around them know about it.

Incredibly difficult to attract when they're on 50k+ and bonuses with the lure of CL football to look forward to.Pipe dream stuff unfortunately.

I've seen one or two people float Lucas again over the last day or so.

Reactions: cav
I can see it being Connor Goldson though he's an unknown entity to us at the moment, it looks as though Gerrard seems him as captain material though and he will probably know best.

In all seriousness it has to be someone who’s likely to start week in week out for us and currently that narrows it down to

Tavernier
Goldson
Arfield
John

Right now I think every other position is up for grabs between current squad and potential new players coming in.

As much as I want McGregor to be number one, personally I don’t like a keeper being captain.

This is why Pedro had “5 captains”
He got the piss taken out of him of course but it’s quite obvious now that the squad were so utterly shite that you couldn’t name 1 player who would be guaranteed a start.

I keep saying John Terry ,but SG keeps ignoring me .........STEVIE .!.........JOHN TERRY .....You've got his phone number !!

There's no point in making Rossiter captain until he can prove he's over the injuries and can play regularly.As it stands at the moment Id go for Goldson or McGregor.Few people saying Ryan Jack but will he even be a first pick to play?

Don't think Tav has the steel to be a captain. Seems too laid back and eager to joke around with the opposition players and play nice with the refs. Didn't think he particularly excelled in the role last season, either.

Rossiter is very young and more importantly has played, what, less than a couple of games in six months? Would be jumping the gun a bit to make him captain at this stage.

Surely has to be either Goldson or McGregor from the current bunch, or an as-yet unknown.

I like the idea of McCrorie. Stuff of dreams.

Maybe a year or two too early though.

I think the sound bites suggest Goldson.

No chance either of them will be automatic picks either.
Agreed, I think Gerrard and McAllister will be acutely of our strengths and weaknesses at full back and hence the likely Flanagan signing. Someone who can defend there for the matches that require that approach.

Don't like a keeper as captain either but it think it will be McGregor. It's asking too much of Goldson at the moment.

Back