Car insurance quotes - price risen considerably since quote

im_a_good_bluenose

Car insurance due soon and stated getting quotes. Got a quote from one company of 245 but stupidly didn't buy at that time as my renewal hadn't come through by that point. My renewal price was higher so when I went back to the company, the quote had expired and the require had risen to over £300. Surely the original quote shouldn't have expired that quickly? It was only last week I got the original quote

Car insurance due soon and stated getting quotes. Got a quote from one company of 245 but stupidly didn't buy at that time as my renewal hadn't come through by that point. My renewal price was higher so when I went back to the company, the quote had expired and the require had risen to over £300. Surely the original quote shouldn't have expired that quickly? It was only last week I got the original quote

I'm sure the quotes are valid for a couple of weeks, Did you get an email with the original quote ?

Unless they specifically say they'll honour the price for a set period then the quote will change on a daily basis.

It was on my compare the market account when I clicked it again it had expired

These quotes are normally guananteed for for 28 days.

My insureance went up by £90 compared to last year's premium. I found a deal on Confused.com that was cheaper than the previous year.

My renewal quote was over £800.I phoned them and said I didn't want to leave etc.(I had watched Martin Lewis).
The girl came back a few minutes later and knocked £300 off.
Always haggle

got my renewal quote today from Direct Line, it was up £98 from last year, going to call them to cancel tomorrow and will try moneysupermarket site for a better deal

The cost of car insurance right now is becoming a joke, mine went up despite 11 years no claims. Been told that after 5 years no claims it doesn't really make a difference after that, whether that's true or not I've idea.

I renewed mine last week and what got me was that everyone now seems to be charging a compulsory excess of a few hundred quid, then to get the premium down to something reasonable I had to add voluntary excess on top, so totalling about £500.

Total rip-off.

Think you have to click on the link to go to the insurance companys website, when you are on the comparison sites, for the quote to be saved for 28 days with them. This way your quote is logged with the actual insurance company and not the comparison site as their prices change constantly.

These quotes are normally guananteed for for 28 days.

My insureance went up by £90 compared to last year's premium. I found a deal on Confused.com that was cheaper than the previous year.
Happened with me as well with Admiral. I have a multi car policy which went from £750 last year to £895 This year. Done a bit of digging about on comparethemarket and if I got 2 separate policies I could get it down to £740. Told them this, wait to I see what I can do for you Sir, we don't like to lose loyal customers. 30 seconds later, how does £702 sound Sir. Thank you ya robbing bassas.

The cost of car insurance right now is becoming a joke, mine went up despite 11 years no claims. Been told that after 5 years no claims it doesn't really make a difference after that, whether that's true or not I've idea.
100% correct each year after is an additional on paper nothing more.

I train car insurance for one of the best in the UK.

Our prices are normally higher tbh but if you do the quote online you'll get 20% off, if your likely to do 200 miles before renewal download Aviva Drive on iOS or android and you could get 28% off if priced over £400.

Back