Car leasing - cancelling before delivery?

dt17

The Jay Cartwright of FF
Looking for a bit of advice here...

I ordered a new Audi A3 in late June and it was scheduled to be delivered by the end of August. They pushed the date back to late September (which I reluctantly agreed to) and then a week or so ago, they've pushed it back until mid-October.

I told the leasing company I wanted to cancel it as I couldn't wait that long for a car and all of a sudden he said he's moved my order up and it's left the production plant in Hungary so it should be with me by the end of September.

Today I found out that my job isn't safe so because of this I want to cancel the car. I spoke to the leasing company and they told me I'd lose my £200 admin fee plus the £300 security deposit that I've already paid. He also said that Audi will charge me a cancelation fee because my car had optional extras (I added the Tech pack).

Any advice as to whether I will have to pay all the fees plus any additional fee that Audi add? I don't know if I have a leg to stand on because they delayed the car so much and I also don't think that Audi charging me for optional extras (even though there's a queue of orders for the same spec of car) is fair, considering they'll simply move someone's delivery date up instead of mine.

Think you're phucked for the deposit. I'd tell them to bolt for additional charges. The cars not been on the road and has the same value so they're not losing.

Did you take the optional indicators:)

Think of it as a blessing. 5 minutes behind the wheel of that thing and you will turn into a horrible ignorant bastard.

Looking for a bit of advice here...

I ordered a new Audi A3 in late June and it was scheduled to be delivered by the end of August. They pushed the date back to late September (which I reluctantly agreed to) and then a week or so ago, they've pushed it back until mid-October.

I told the leasing company I wanted to cancel it as I couldn't wait that long for a car and all of a sudden he said he's moved my order up and it's left the production plant in Hungary so it should be with me by the end of September.

Today I found out that my job isn't safe so because of this I want to cancel the car. I spoke to the leasing company and they told me I'd lose my £200 admin fee plus the £300 security deposit that I've already paid. He also said that Audi will charge me a cancelation fee because my car had optional extras (I added the Tech pack).

Any advice as to whether I will have to pay all the fees plus any additional fee that Audi add? I don't know if I have a leg to stand on because they delayed the car so much and I also don't think that Audi charging me for optional extras (even though there's a queue of orders for the same spec of car) is fair, considering they'll simply move someone's delivery date up instead of mine.

You (or someone with legal expertise) need to read through the terms and conditions of the agreement that you signed. There can be clauses that work in your favour, however it's most likely that there will be clauses favouring the leasing company. You should have some argument because of the delays. My guess is that they will likely settle for an admin fee.

1. However, this cancellation right does not apply where you have:
  1. (b) placed an Order for Vehicles which are made to your individual specifications and are clearly personalised in circumstances where this has been communicated to you in advance of Us performing the Services.
I'm going to fight them on it because they'll probably say to me that because I've got an added pack on it that it's personalised to me, but the only reason I added this on was because they moved the delivery date back a month so I thought I might as well.

Back