Cardoso bomb scare

He’s a nice footballer and hasn’t played in ages but he’s a massive pussy when is matters. Agree with the above a bit of the Karl Svensons. Like Alves always lets the ball bounce and plays the wrong side of defenders.

But Cardoso, who hasn't played in earnest for months and is thrown in straight into the Scum's best spell is shocking?

Anything he could have done differently against Dembele would have seen us down to 10. We didn't take our chances up front, they did. And not solely down to our people.
Stay goal side would have been nice, but Alves is partly to blame too as one of them should have been covering!

Everything that was bad about his game today was what was bad about his game when he was playing more regularly.

He was caught out today and it did cost us but he wouldn’t have played had Martin or Bates been fit so those are the breaks. He can’t be match fit so that did have an impact on his performance. I do tend to agree that there probably is something missing with him though. He can improve but he’s not going to get the game time here. I have more of an issue with Morelos for that miss.

He is not even a squad player. Awful defender and him and Morelos cost us a result today. No bull shit he is a league 1 defender just awful to bring him on when we have Wilson’s a young superstar and others ready to go.

He was caught out today and it did cost us but he wouldn’t have played had Martin or Bates been fit so those are the breaks. He can’t be match fit so that did have an impact on his performance. I do tend to agree that there probably is something missing with him though. He can improve but he’s not going to get the game time here. I have more of an issue with Morelos for that miss.

Can't really argue with any of that.

Must admit when I first saw Cardoso I thought he could develop into a better than decent centre half. He wont in Scotland. He is too easily muscled out the game.

Bates has his flaws but he was a miss after his injury.

He’s missed a lot of football in fairness but there’s no defending that display. I don’t think Bates is there either but relative to Cardoso’s display he was a big miss.

So many folk including myself have said " how does Bates in team ahead of cardoso" take that all back. Bates has hardly ever let us down.

Bates will become a tremendous defender, pace, strength, height, concentration & reading of the game are all great strengths to have in a centre half.

Look at where the ball came from. Look at the goalkeeper.

Look where it bounces, Fod can't come out for that. Cardoso has to either step out and play off side, or win that ball before it bounces. He's slightly out of position and I think he was watching Brown/Candeias for a split second, letting Dumbelle in.

Fod realizes too late that Cardoso isn't switched on, starts to come out & ends up in no man's land. In fairness to the 40 billion dollar man, it was a decent finish.

It’s not even the getting outmuscled that gets me, for a centre half constantly getting wrong side or showing a striker inside eight yards from goal is just unforgivable.

Can’t defend, can’t play, and can’t have any future with the club.

For anyone who doesn’t think Bates merits a better pay packet, take a look at that mess of a defence today.

Bates is one the best centre halves at the club. We missed him immensely when he went off today.

One ball over the top shouldn’t ever result in a goal is piss poor reading of the game

Indeed.

Also, as a result of Brown constantly getting time to be on the ball instead of having someone sit on him, he had the time to hoof that ball in the first place.

Cardoso has had hardly any first team football. We've chopped and changed our backline all season long and only since Jan has there actually been a consistent pairing. Add to that the lads confidence will be nowhere near that of the rest of the team and you could probably see we were in for a tough afternoon at the back. That being said I think his more experienced partner should have done more for and with him. Alves has been the biggest disappointment for me given the profile he came here with.

wrong

its a back FOUR AND a keeper
Bruno was outstanding today, cardoso was ok,, tav was shakey but great going forward, dec john was brilliant.
Wes has been our weakest link for a couple of seasons now,,hes a no bad shot stopper but ffs hes a bombscare, its like every shot on on goal your expecting a goal. He very rarely comes off his his line and when he does he fcks it... Doesnt command his box, his distribution is a joke, more likely than not kicking it out for a throw in....he needs to go !!

Bruno was outstanding today, cardoso was ok,, tav was shakey but great going forward, dec john was brilliant.
Wes has been our weakest link for a couple of seasons now,,hes a no bad shot stopper but ffs hes a bombscare, its like every shot on on goal your expecting a goal. He very rarely comes off his his line and when he does he fcks it... Doesnt command his box, his distribution is a joke, more likely than not kicking it out for a throw in....he needs to go !!

cardoso was an absolute donkey who gifted 2 goals

neither full back can defend and the keeper was flapping about like ian andrews

I’ve defended him in the past when I think the stick has been unfair. But he was brutal today. Certainly not match sharp, lost the physical battle and positioned himself poorly.

Bates going off was a huge blow to us, remarkable considering.

cardoso was an absolute donkey who gifted 2 goals

neither full back can defend and the keeper was flapping about like ian andrews
Thats the beauty mate, opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one. Ive read on here, collum had a great game, tav is our worst player and murty out ???
So you think cardoso is a donkey, i disagree. But we both agree wes is shite

He’ll go to a less physical European league and likely do well enough, just not cut out for the physicality of our game.

Cardoso not good enough and Bates is no more than a squad player. Alves will be away in the summer so McRorie is the only CH we have who is good enough. Defeitely need to sign another 2 CH in the summer

I think cardoso was one of the many factors in losing this game . Goal number two he was to blame ,goal number three he put no challenge or pressure on Eduard. That and morleos missing 'should be goals' made all the difference. Fine margins and all that ....

He has been in the stand since Murty took over bar 15 mins vs Aberdeen

I thought he was at fault for there second, but he was always going to be rusty.

I actually thought Alves dominated everything in the air, won everything, the problem he has is when its in behind.

Last edited:
Although i've said this from the offset, it surely cant be, many of the FF guru's have said he is only out of the team cos he's not pals with Kenny Miller..

Just watching the goals there, Cardoso horrendously at fault for goals 2 and 3, Goss also poor for 1 and 3.
Bates injury has really cost us today.

Back