Carlo Ancelotti and Everton

Europa League qualification would be a huge next step for Ancellotti's Everton.

It is possible they can achieve this and the good start certainly helps.

Reactions: TQ3
Second highest paid Manager in the World is how they attracted him. New stadium, big investment all round. Still top 6 unless someone else has a mare as the squad isn't quite there yet.

Where can he take them? Top 4? Higher?

Still amazed Everton managed to attract him. What a fantastic job he is doing and they are attractive on the eye these days
Top top manager who has recruited wisely they probably still need a top goalkeeper but will finish top 6 at least

Super Ally getting stick on twitter from some utter Everton muppets over offering advice on forward play. Basically along the lines of "what the hell does he know about striking a football". Modern English football fans for you!

Their squads no where near good enough to sustain their form over the full season

7th place finish would be probably as good as they can hope for

Reactions: TQ3
You could see them fighting for 3rd this season. Take Man City and Liverpool out of the equation and the next 4 or 5 could be fighting for the scraps.

He’s brilliant but I think people forget they spent a load of cash. Although to be fair you can spend a fortune down there and get relegated.

Liverpool derbies will be fantastic.

Great manager and attracting some good players

I think they need a better striker though
Calvert Lewin has a lot of the attributes to become a good top flight centre forward. He really suits the way they play as well.

Ancelloti apparently rates him very very highly and loves his attitude.

I'd love another "Leicester" this season. However, they will inevitably crash and burn, top 8.

Great start to the season, the squad is low on quality in terms of numbers but give them the next 2 transfer windows and they will have a very good squad.

Still a long way to go. I’d say top 6 this season and next season with further upgrading of the squad then looking at a run at top 4.

It's 3 games in so we've been here lots of times where teams start off on fire only for them to fall away.

What I would say, if you take the top 2 of being Liverpool & City, I reckon there's 7 teams behind them who will reckon that there isn't much between them. Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Everton, Wolves & Leicester all capable of putting runs together.

Where can he take them? Top 4? Higher?

Still amazed Everton managed to attract him. What a fantastic job he is doing and they are attractive on the eye these days
[/QUOTE
Backing this manager is the best thing the club could do. Top of his field, just wish I could get into see them.

Top 6, there was a thread on them pre season, I genuinely thought Don Carlo would do really well with them this season.

Top 6 this season would be a success for them but after another couple of transfer windows before next season with giving Ancelotti another chance to bring in more quality players there aim should be for top 4 next season

1. City/Liverpool
2 as above
3 Chelsea
4. Arsenal

could finish anywhere underneath those teams imo between 5th and 8th.

I watch MOTD, and that's it. Through that medium, I agree with your first two. Certainties, I reckon.

Have my doubts more about Chelsea than Arsenal. Think Chelsea are going down the Old Trafford route of throwing money at their many and varied problems than an actual structure and philosophy.

I watched the game today, they said they have a load of injuries already Everton.

Ancelotti has done well with his recruitment but it will take another couple of windows before they are challenging for Europe, definitely trophies.

Pickford is gash, he will cost some amount of goals, Palace had their chances as well.

Overall Everton play some good stuff, Rodriguez will chip in but he lacks pace, the Brazilian put in a shift and the big striker Calvert-Lewin is bang in confidence and scoring.

Agree with the poster above, if they pick up any more injuries they will struggle.

Bought well. James is a different level of player for Everton but Allan looks a quality buy in the engine room and Docoure has started well in there also. 5/6th place finish I'll go for.

Well done to Everton for getting him, he’s a top 16 in Europe type manager. Maybe he can bring good times to Goodison, wouldn’t bother me.

looking a helluva lot better going forward now under ancelotti"s stewardship than under the previous couple of managers, hopefully they can get themselves stable enough as the season progresses to get themselves around the european spots,although 6 points dropped to liverpool would please me

Still on the hunt for players from players either buying or loan deals.Think they will invest on c.h. mid and other c.f.to be truthful.Hope they finish above !Liverpool a team i hate.Loved going to Goodison years ago.Better fans.

Go and sign either

Pope or Henderson and they could be right up there on this form. Maybe add 2 more for squad depth and there looking good

Top 8, maybe 6th. Don’t they’ve got the quality for the top 4 and though they’ve started great that form will fade quite a bit eventually.

Reckon (for betting purposes) they’re a good bet at home all season - City and Liverpool aside.

Back