Carlo Ancelotti and Everton

I reckon they’ll do what Leicester did last season, and challenged for a CL place only to fall away near the end.

Their dodgy keeper will be largely to blame for the failure.

Ancelotti seems like an all round top manager and a good person. Been successful wherever he’s been, what a coup it was for Everton to get a manager of his calibre.

Not enough strength in depth for champions league spots, but if their top players keep free from injury, then maybe a cup and Europa League place.

Go and sign either

Pope or Henderson and they could be right up there on this form. Maybe add 2 more for squad depth and there looking good

Henderson just signed a 5 year deal at Utd, if they did decide to sell he’d be out of Everton’s price range.

The Everton fans must be delighted at the difference that Ancelotti has made to their club. It is interesting that he seems very pleased to have Duncan Ferguson as his assistant. When Duncan Ferguson was in the caretaker manager role before Ancelotti was appointed, he did well and this seems to have continued.

Can’t wait for the end of season tension.

Will they or Won’t they qualify for Europe?
Titanic struggles, the agony and ecstasy.

The triumph of getting there only to treat it like a nuisance and play the youth team so they can concentrate on qualifying for Europe next year.

He’s brilliant but I think people forget they spent a load of cash. Although to be fair you can spend a fortune down there and get relegated.

Liverpool derbies will be fantastic.

Hopefully as tasteful and exciting as the last encounter.

Where can he take them? Top 4? Higher?

Still amazed Everton managed to attract him. What a fantastic job he is doing and they are attractive on the eye these days

Hopefully champions !!!

I’d like to see Everton win it just to take the crown off the bin dippers plus it’s a pleasant change from the usual suspects. What’s not to like about it ??

No reason why they cant challenge for top 4 this season imo. Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs all have enough weaknesses that they'll struggle to maintain consistency across the whole season so every chance Everton could nick a CL spot. Brilliant manager, excellent start and bound to be growing in confidence so just a case of keeping it going and seeing how far that can take them.

Genuinely think their summer business was the best of the lot (well, maybe until Liverpool managed to get Thiago for sweetie money that is). Allan, Doucoure and Rodriguez all really good acquisitions and immediately improved their midfield no end. Plus Calvert-Lewin looking the resl deal, Andre Gomes injury free and Richsrlison is proven quality.

Their keeper, back 4 and squad depth could be their Achilles heel (although dont think Pickford is quite as bad as made out, annoying wee pleb that he is). But still, I reckon when all is said and done, they'll find themselves in 4th spot and Ancelotti proves again why he's one of the best in the business.

James is on a different level. Got a manager who appreciate him and will prove to be some player. Difference between a top league finish and a bottom half team. Still don't think he's enough to get them top four though.

Everton have very wealthy owners, I am sure I read, that over the past 2 seasons their net spend was more than anyone else in the league.

All it takes is James to pick up an injury (which he is prone to, sadly) and they'll drop places. He is the difference.

Where can he take them? Top 4? Higher?

Still amazed Everton managed to attract him. What a fantastic job he is doing and they are attractive on the eye these days
They're letting in a lot of goals, that must be a worry. The goalkeeper seems like a liability as well. Once they play bigger teams they'll find their normal level.

Top 8, maybe 6th. Don’t they’ve got the quality for the top 4 and though they’ve started great that form will fade quite a bit eventually.
Unfortunately I agree with ur key point. “Fade”. I think this is exactly what will happen. But let’s be honest, it would be great if they could be a top 4 shake up, maybe even top 3, cause a stir.

For me I see it as battle between Liverpool and Man City for the crown.

Super Ally getting stick on twitter from some utter Everton muppets over offering advice on forward play. Basically along the lines of "what the hell does he know about striking a football". Modern English football fans for you!
Never mind the fact that super was top of the tree when Scotland was actually comparable with England.

Like u said, horrific arrogance, especially when every historic English team has had a MASSIVE Scottish influence.

Good start by Everton. Liverpool and City apart, the rest of the places are up for grabs. Any of Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal, Spurs, Leicester, Everton could get into the top 4.

Back