Carlos Cuellar Tweet.

Cuellar was a good player but the way he nearly ran out the door irks a bit.
Was told by the Spain manager he wouldn’t be considered for Spain unless he went south, Villa met the release clause & at £8m it really suited all parties.

Was he ever capped?
Nah, he’s said since then he regretted the decision to leave. He wasn’t a roaring success in England, ended up playing right back.

That said, David Murray would have been forcing him at Harry Redknapp style for £8m.

Mind the day he signed for Villa I got a text from a buddy to say,I was sleeping when he did and woke up to the text,I fell back asleep and I dreamt he was trying to drive out of Glasgow in a transit combo with Martin O’Neil and I wouldn’t get out the way.

mark that in the “cool story bro” I guess.

Loved watching him but £8m for us at that time was a heck of a lot and represented a huge mark-up on what we paid for him. It would have also meant a serious pay rise, so although like Kentbear I was a bit narked at what I thought was a bit over-eager to get his coat, I can’t really blame him.

I was in Florence now I've never actually watched that game back but, I maintain that Cuellar put in the best defensive performance I've ever seen from a Rangers CH. Disclaimer I was on day trip and had been on the piss since 5 that morning so I may be talking pish.

I was in Florence now I've never actually watched that game back but, I maintain that Cuellar put in tbe best defensive performance I've ever seen from a Rangers CH. Disclaimer I was on day trip and had been on the piss since 5 that morning so I may be talking pish.
He made a great-unorthodox tackle on Mutu in the box to stop him teeing someone up, that, Vieri missing sitters & Whittaker nearly scoring a screamer is all I remember.

Mind the day he signed for Villa I got a text from a buddy to say,I was sleeping when he did and woke up to the text,I fell back asleep and I dreamt he was trying to drive out of Glasgow in a transit combo with Martin O’Neil and I wouldn’t get out the way.

mark that in the “cool story bro” I guess.
It was the day we were away to Falkirk he signed iirc

he wasn’t in the team and then everyone found out

or I might be talking absolute shite :))

He made a great-unorthodox tackle on Mutu in the box to stop him teeing someone up, that, Vieri missing sitters & Whittaker nearly scoring a screamer is all I remember.
In my mind he was a Baresi in a Rangers top that night. As I say never watched it back and was well on my way by KO so I may be talking crap.

Back