Carlos 'Gullit' Peña

No chance the team spirit, togetherness, high energy Rangers team being created by our manager will ever contain such a hopeless waster.

He won’t want to come back at all, and we won’t want him back. Anyone thinking Gerrard will even invite him back for training is off their nut.

He's under contract, covered by Employment Law, so doesn't need an invite to return.

He can be told to train with the Reserves or Youth Team, if the Manager decides that he won't be playing in the First Team, but we can't refuse him facilities without just cause.

I remember thinking there must be one hell of a player there otherwise why would Pedro persevere with him. He had a decent goal scoring record to be fair but his first game he came on he genuinely looked like he’d never kicked a ball before.

Shows how desperate things were last season. No danger he kicks a ball for us again.

It’s one for any media looking in. Instead of asking your usual drivel can you ask about this?

I reckon he'll be at least given a chance by Gerrard, whether that's just to show his attitude in training I am not sure. Don't see him featuring much though until he's proven he can make an impact.

Was he/ Has he been released from Mexico? If so why is he not here working on fitness, trying to impress etc?

He won’t, in my opinion, see the inside of Ibrox, The Hummel training centre etc..... doubt he will even appear in the UK

Was he/ Has he been released from Mexico? If so why is he not here working on fitness, trying to impress etc?

He won’t, in my opinion, see the inside of Ibrox, The Hummel training centre etc..... doubt he will even appear in the UK

A very good point. That would lead me to believe that a further loan or permanent move is at a fairly advanced stage. At least that’s what I hope coz if it’s not then it’s further evidence that Pena is one of the most unprofessional individuals we have EVER employed

Where are we with the return of the bold Carlos?

Is Gerrard mentioning the need for a striker in particular because Gullit is set to come back and take the SPHell by storm, so there is no need for a creative goal scoring midfielder? Will we ever see him again? Will he be released?

I doubt he'll ever kick a ball for us again, here's hoping anyway.

He's under contract, covered by Employment Law, so doesn't need an invite to return.

He can be told to train with the Reserves or Youth Team, if the Manager decides that he won't be playing in the First Team, but we can't refuse him facilities without just cause.

He won’t come back. It’s obvious he will be paid off without stepping foot on a plane.

Is it not in the rules, you can't play for 3 clubs in the one season ?
I don't believe you will see him playing for us again.

“He’s due back at Rangers in January, that’s when his loan at Cruz Azul ends,” he told the Record Rangers podcast.

“Obviously he went from Cruz Azul to Nexaca in Mexico and obviously that hasn’t worked out for him either, and they’re wanting rid of him.

“My understanding is, just as far as Rangers are concerned, they agreed that a loan contract with Cruz Azul is until January and as far as Rangers are aware that hasn’t changed.

“Whether he comes back to Glasgow for a few days, or a week or whatever, Rangers believe the player belongs to Cruz Azul until January and that’s when Rangers will then deal with the situation in terms of what to do with him.”

1501272.jpg

But he has since been let go by Nexaca after the fellow Mexican club took over his loan (Pic: GETTY)
Pena was sacked by Cruz Azul following a series of shameful off-field, alcohol-related incidents.

He checked himself into the Baja el Sol rehabilitation clinic, owned by boxing legend Julio Cesar Chavez, in the Mexican state of Sinaloa as he aimed to recover from an alcohol addiction.

After checking out two weeks early insisting he was clean, Nexaca then took over his loan from Cruz Azul - but after making a mere five appearances they decided to part company with the player.

“I don’t believe anyone at Rangers, including Steven Gerrard, believes that there’s any real future for him,” he said.

“Listen, I wouldn’t rule out in January if Rangers get away for a little break or whatever, maybe Steven Gerrard will say: ‘come along, let’s have a look at you and see what your fitness is like.’

“But I would be surprised at that and I’d be absolutely flabbergasted if there was any future for Carlos Pena, and that’s a problem for Rangers financially in terms of they’re gonna have to sort out his contract and get him off the wage bill, but I think at the moment that’s what they’d be willing to do.”

Who is being quoted here?

For what it's worth, I reckon we will see him in our side again.
I think Gerrard will give him a chance until the end of the season, sit him down and say to him that if he makes the effort required he will be involved, if not he will be away.
Just my opinion.

Who is being quoted here?

For what it's worth, I reckon we will see him in our side again.
I think Gerrard will give him a chance until the end of the season, sit him down and say to him that if he makes the effort required he will be involved, if not he will be away.
Just my opinion.

I can’t see it. That’s us and two Mexican clubs that have got shot of him in the last year. Think the guys done.

I can’t see it. That’s us and two Mexican clubs that have got shot of him in the last year. Think the guys done.

I'm not saying he'll play for definite, I just think that Gerrard is the type of manager who will give people a chance. If Peña takes the chance, works his arse off and does well for us, then we can either sell him and recoup some of our money, or keep him.
If he doesn't take the chance, he'll be out the door sharpish, Gerrard won't suffer fools.

I thought he done well in his limited time with us and undoubtedly there was a player there, however we can only speculate on his activities behind the scenes and that will ultimately be why he won’t return to Rangers and play any part in the side.

Now stranger things have happened but I’d be stunned if we ever see him in a training kit again let alone a strip on a Saturday.

He will never set foot in the Hummel training centre.
He does not have the balls to return.
The club will have made it clear to his agent if he was to he would be on strict training regime to get to fitness required, maybe regular testing on a weekly basis, if he dosent comply we fine him 2 weeks wages everytime, double training morning late afternoon.

No his agent will cut and run Pena has no balls.

It's not as obvious as you reckon. You may be in for a surprise. ;)

Sorry mate, but I would be totally gobsmacked if Pena wanted to come back to Scotland at Christmas, and I would be even more so if Gerrard wanted a guy around the place who hasn’t been fit for 3 years. It just won’t happen.

People who keep saying “he will never return” are speaking with zero authority or information. It is unlikely, of course. But SG might want to work with him in person. Pena has talent and we’re (currently) paying him anyway. I say give him another try.

A fully fit Pena with the right mental attitude would be a good addition to the squad.

The problem here is he is never going to be fully fit.

After he came out of rehab he had a chance to excel and show what he can do, his performances have been poor.

What makes anybody think this will change when/if he comes back!

Wasn't he friendly with Morelos??

I wouldn't want him anywhere near him tbh, incase the young lad gets led astray by his mate,
Hopefully SG feels the same way ... given Morelos' form, I'd take no chances.
Cya.

Hopefully he will stay in Mexico and the club can then sack him for breaching his contract. Cheapest option to get him off the books I reckon.

he gave Sadiq another chance in the semi after criticising his work rate previously
You don't give people 'chances' in semi finals. He had no other striker (i use the term striker loosely as far as Sadiq is concerned) available.

I'll be absolutely astonished if Pena ever dons a Rangers shirt again. He'd be fkn lucky to get in a Berwick Rangers team!

The Mexican Ruud Gulitt according to some when we bought him. :D

I watched the highlights of the sheep game from last season on sky yesterday and he was superb. Shame he is a waster because there is certainly a player in there.

:D I don't remember that belter, I get blinded by the 'Rolls Royce' comment, the notion he was the bets player for Mexico at the WC (played a 20 minute sub in one match) and gushing over the wonder strike of his debut goal when it comes to thoughts of him. :rolleyes::p

He likely does have talent, but like tons of players doesn't have the attitude or desire to fulfill a career which is a shame for him but also us as we pay him handsomely I imagine.

People who keep saying “he will never return” are speaking with zero authority or information. It is unlikely, of course. But SG might want to work with him in person. Pena has talent and we’re (currently) paying him anyway. I say give him another try.
There is such a thing as a negative influence in a dressing room. I would prefer he was nowhere near any of our players, whether we are paying him or not!Whilst no-one knows for sure, this is a forum about opinions, with authority or not. Your opinion is that he SG might want to work with him....on what authority??

There is such a thing as a negative influence in a dressing room. I would prefer he was nowhere near any of our players, whether we are paying him or not!Whilst no-one knows for sure, this is a forum about opinions, with authority or not. Your opinion is that he SG might want to work with him....on what authority??

He might. That isn’t an opinion. It might rain tomorrow. Also not an opinion. Duh people can have an opinion on forums. Others are stating declaratively that he won’t be back. I’m saying we don’t know if he will. Not the same deal but it really doesn’t matter now does it.

Total waster who is worth nothing now.

Let him train on his own twice a day until he decides to jump back on the big bird across the pond.

Save us paying him the rest of his contract....

Don't think he'd last long. Gerrard will throw him out once he gets a feel for him. Maybe we can cut a deal to save him flying back and wasting everyone's time. If not he can rot in the reserves.

The Mexican Ruud Gulitt according to some when we bought him. :D

I watched the highlights of the sheep game from last season on sky yesterday and he was superb. Shame he is a waster because there is certainly a player in there.

Gullit it was his nickname long before he signed for Rangers.

I would have had the Mexican Kris Boyd playing in the midfield the night. He doesnt do very much running about but he scores.

He might. That isn’t an opinion. It might rain tomorrow. Also not an opinion. Duh people can have an opinion on forums. Others are stating declaratively that he won’t be back. I’m saying we don’t know if he will. Not the same deal but it really doesn’t matter now does it.
Cheers John Paul,

Nuff said.

Back