Carlos 'Gullit' Peña

Pena had a chance to become an absolute star at Rangers (just like Morelos) and he totally blew it.
He then got the opportunity thanks to Pedro Caixhina to resurrect his career and he totally blew it.
Possessing all the natural talent in the world won't get you anywhere in top flight professional football if you don't actually behave and act like a professional footballer.
It may well cost us a lot of money but you'll never see Pena ever again in a Rangers jersey!

Pena had a chance to become an absolute star at Rangers (just like Morelos) and he totally blew it.
He then got the opportunity thanks to Pedro Caixhina to resurrect his career and he totally blew it.
Possessing all the natural talent in the world won't get you anywhere in top flight professional football if you don't actually behave and act like a professional footballer.
It may well cost us a lot of money but you'll never see Pena ever again in a Rangers jersey!

I give you one Andrew Goram

Walter slapped him onto the transfer list due to his antics
Resurrected his career nicely

Shhhh. Don’t tell John Paul!! You have no authority

I give you one Andrew Goram

Walter slapped him onto the transfer list due to his antics
Resurrected his career nicely
Difference -Goram loves Rangers.

Pena - Wipes nose on Rangers shorts and quite frankly would shite on us all from the greatest height if he had a chance, whilst taking, i must add, our hard earned cash!!!

Grade A lady's front bottom!!!

I was one of his harshest critics
But I’d get him in training and see what SG makes of him. If he’s a waster like suspected we’ve lost nothing. But he could offer us something a bit different than we have. I won’t write anyone off
John..c’mon Sir!!!

Deep down ... Pena offer something other than trouble, do you honestly believe that??

I wish I had such faith, but he is the absolute definition of waster.

I know he scored a few goals but I personally didn't see any outstanding qualities that would make me think he could make an impact . I thought he looked slow and didn't look as if he possessed any skill or flair that we are crying out for . The gaffer wants players to put in a shift for the team , I don't see Pena doing that.

I know he scored a few goals but I personally didn't see any outstanding qualities that would make me think he could make an impact . I thought he looked slow and didn't look as if he possessed any skill or flair that we are crying out for . The gaffer wants players to put in a shift for the team , I don't see Pena doing that.
Mate, bang on!!

The difference being Goram was a World Class goalkeeper that eventually heeded his managers advice!

Very true but different in ability aside
There is a similarity in that both were destroying their careers with us

Goram got the wake up call from Smith
Can Pena do the same for Gerrard?
If not - get rid
If yes - it’s another attacking midfielder to a short pool in that position

It's very sad; there was a clip of the goals he scored for us and it's obvious that he is a player of great natural ability. Would have been great had it worked out for him here.

John..c’mon Sir!!!

Deep down ... Pena offer something other than trouble, do you honestly believe that??

I wish I had such faith, but he is the absolute definition of waster.

Aww no don’t get me wrong
Chances are he will not come back
But if he does then Gerrard will know in just a few sessions if he will be worth having about.

I can’t disagree with anything you say

Folk are clutching at straws if they think this guy is the answer.

He'll not set foot in Scotland again.

A waster of the highest order who could damage the dynamics in the dressing room.

I'd also be seriously worried about his influence on Alfredo.

He did have flashes of quality but its really maybe 4 or 5 moments outwith the goals, nowhere near enough to think he can turn it around but you live in hope.

Where are we with the return of the bold Carlos?

Is Gerrard mentioning the need for a striker in particular because Gullit is set to come back and take the SPHell by storm, so there is no need for a creative goal scoring midfielder? Will we ever see him again? Will he be released?

It's a shame he's fecked because what he once was is EXACTLY what we lack. A bit of quality creativity and cutting edge. I'd be tempted to give him a chance despite it being almost a guarunteed epic fail

It's funny the Pena I remember was decent at late runs into the box much like Arfield. I certainly don't remember his link up play or creativity being anything to write home about.

If we are paying his wage, he needs to return and let SG see what Pena is about.

I’m almost certain it will be futile but a very small part of me lives in hope rather than anything else.

To the people who would like to see him back.

Do you just dismiss the fact he went on camera wiping his nose on a Rangers badge?

Does anything go now?

If he does return, no doubt he'll need a few months to get match fit, take into account the fact that he will almost certainly sustain a couple of injuries whilst trying to get fit, then I would imagine he will be ready to give his all for us sometime around the end of May.

Changing subject a bit here. Just seen that Pedro has guided Cruz Azul into the LigaMX playoff Final. They will play Club America in the 1st leg of the Final on the 13 December. I'm sure this is to see who wins the league as this is the crazy format they have.

Someone who follows Mexican football may be able to explain more.

Anyway a big congratulations to Pedro and i wish him all the best for the Final.

Christ I've some shite on this forum.

The words used to describe pena are something else!

Quality
Creativity
Runs

I remember:
Him being outpaced and caught on the ball by Scott brown despite a 3 yard head start. He was caught by brown after about 3 seconds

A miscontrol which was labelled as a great assist

Watching him not being able to run

A couple of moments where he looked like a football player, but even then, nowhere near our required standard.

Can you remind me which game mate ? Genuinely curious because every game I can remember seeing him he's been absolute horseshit

The second leg against Ufa in the Europa league. Ejaria was absolutely outstanding. Remember saying to my mate at the time that I wanted him signed permanently. Admittedly he has been absolutely dreadful recently though.

Can you remind me which game mate ? Genuinely curious because every game I can remember seeing him he's been absolute horseshit
The goal against Ufa; he played well in that match and in general earlier in the season. My point is that he is a young player, inexperienced, and talented; his issue at this stage will be consistency.

He's a Rangers player and we're paying his wages. He'll get looked at in January, but he'll be found out quite quickly unless he knuckles down (which is very unlikely).

He looked totally unfit when he played for us,although he had a pretty decent scoring record for games played.
If we are going to be stuck with him,get him fit and see what he can do.He might yet turn out to be good in the number 10 roll.

Remember when that swine flu broke?

They said the symptoms were sweating and lethargy in people.

They first diagnosed it in Mexico ..........................................I thought how could they tell it wasnt just yer wee normal Mexican carpet fitter?

UNDERLAY! UNDERLAY!

Would love to be wrong but with many others I’m in the camp that only sees him as a waste of time, effort and money.
When we hit the actual moment he is due to return I hope he asks to remain in Mexico and we can offload him relatively cheaply. Has talent but is a true waster.

Changing subject a bit here. Just seen that Pedro has guided Cruz Azul into the LigaMX playoff Final. They will play Club America in the 1st leg of the Final on the 13 December. I'm sure this is to see who wins the league as this is the crazy format they have.

Someone who follows Mexican football may be able to explain more.

Anyway a big congratulations to Pedro and i wish him all the best for the Final.
Caixinha seems very capable in Mexican football.
He obviously is not the clown depicted by so many on here.
Maybe Scottish football was just the wrong place and we were the wrong club for him to shine.

Let's be honest, The Filth were never better placed to make the life of a Rangers manager difficult and then when you factor in the points lost through bizarre (I am being kind here) refereeing, the job might have been beyond the best.
The press hated him as well.....(I suspect they also hate Gerrard but he is a figure that they dare not ridicule), so all things considered he was really inside a madhouse not completely of his own making.

I wish him well in the sunshine.

surely at the least he deserves a 2nd chance..or even a first chance under a new manager?
if hes shite then hes punted, were paying his wages for f uck sake!!

get him under Stevie G and Gary Mac and see how it goes...if its a no then weve lost nothing by utilising a player we already have on the books.

Maybe Scottish football was just the wrong place and we were the wrong club for him to shine.

Let's be honest, The Filth were never better placed to make the life of a Rangers manager difficult and then when you factor in the points lost through bizarre (I am being kind here) refereeing, the job might have been beyond the best.
The press hated him as well.....(I suspect they also hate Gerrard but he is a figure that they dare not ridicule), so all things considered he was really inside a madhouse not completely of his own making.

And the 6M he spent on Pena, Herrera and Cardoso? Which will probably cost the club easily 10M when you throw in wages and almost certainly set us back at least a season if not more. Not a coin back on any of them.

Do not doubt the damage this misunderstood genius has done us.

And the 6M he spent on Pena, Herrera and Cardoso? Which will probably cost the club easily 10M when you throw in wages and almost certainly set us back at least a season if not more. Not a coin back on any of them.

Do not doubt the damage this misunderstood genius has done us.

Misunderstood indeed, he is absolutely killing it out there in Mexico.

I wish the man nothing but success I was absolutely sickened the way he was hounded out of this country. He was never given a proper chance to settle in this place I've not got a bad word to say about him. He is certainly not a clown the way some in here made him out. I'm glad he is now having a better time of it over there now, good on him.

Back