Carlos Peña - Will he be a success?

Also some stating if he stops being a puta and drunk, and applies himself he still has a lot of potential at 27. Others saying he's a great player and they don't know what happened to him.

Some of his touches and passing were quite poor when he came on but his positional sense looks really promising already.

He has had one or 2 chances each time he made an appearance.

Too many wrote the guy off far too soon.

Sometimes I don't buy into the the a 'player needs time to settle' stuff. But in Pena's case I feel he genuinely does. How many of us, or Scottish players, would go over to Guadalajara and settle instantly for example ?? The culture and environment in Glasgow will be utterly alien to him - and the weather will probably depress the f.uck out of him.

And I trust Pedro's handing of the situation

I still say there is a highly likely chance that he will be our POTY.
funnily enough your avatar was one of the players from the past I was referring to 100 thousand signing back in the day sometimes didn't look intertested I was bursting for him to do well then in a pre season friendly against Montrose if I remember he scored direct from a corner kick and David Cooper arrived what a player.Pena will be a superstar here imo that's the first goal of many from him Pedro has to shape the team to accommodate his undoubted talents
Too many wrote the guy off far too soon.

Sometimes I don't buy into the the a 'player needs time to settle' stuff. But in Pena's case I feel he genuinely does. How many of us, or Scottish players, would go over to Guadalajara and settle instantly for example ?? The culture and environment in Glasgow will be utterly alien to him - and the weather will probably depress the f.uck out of him.

And I trust Pedro's handing of the situation 100%

I still say there is a highly likely chance that he will be our POTY.
funnily enough
Sorry disregard the above posted in error silly old man syndrome

The Mexicans on that YouTube are saying they want him firing Russia 2018.

He's obviously very highly rated, and a player the Mexicans love if he can get back to that level.
He was the goldenboy at one point, lets hope for our sake and the Mexican's he has the hunger to get back to that, he certainly looks like he wants it to me

Some of his touches and passing were quite poor when he came on but his positional sense looks really promising already.

He has had one or 2 chances each time he made an appearance.

His touch and passing wont improve until he plays games, that is not his normal touch or passing ability.

His touch and passing wont improve until he plays games, that is not his normal touch or passing ability.

I agree, i would throw him in sooner rather than later especially as Miller has started the season relatively poorly.

This boy will grab us goals. Morelos and Pena could be a deadly combo at this level.

I agree, i would throw him in sooner rather than later especially as Miller has started the season relatively poorly.

This boy will grab us goals. Morelos and Pena could be a deadly combo at this level.

I think so mate, i like his attitude aswell, all the crap we had to listen to about him not bothering to warm up and that he looked like he didnt want to be there are rubbish, he looks hungry to do well and thats at least a good start, cant wait to see him fully match fit and i would be playing him in both games against Partick.

He offers more than Miller does and the guy is still finding his feet.

That ball he played for Morelos was class and a ball nobody else in the team would attempt to play apart from Niko, so once he and Morelos get an understanding i think they could cause havoc.

To many folk seem to mix up match fit with match sharpness, Pena is match fit just needs game time to gets his sharpness up to scratch weight of pass, speed of the Scottish game and so on. For what it's worth I think he'll be a tremendous signing.

To many folk seem to mix up match fit with match sharpness, Pena is match fit just needs game time to gets his sharpness up to scratch weight of pass, speed of the Scottish game and so on. For what it's worth I think he'll be a tremendous signing.
Its the exact same thing and the term match fit has been used for a long time, most people know that means they may be fit but thir touch etc has to come on.

There's every chance Peña could prove to be the inspirational signing that we need to close the gap and win #55.
It's also very possible that we'll all look back and congratulating Caixinha for his excellent man management in letting the boy settle in to a very alien environment and unleashing his talents exactly when the time is right.

On Saturday I noticed that he takes up great attacking positions. He kinda looks a dangerous player IMO, I think he can hurt opponents, just have to wait a bit and see what he's like when fully fit. The goal will give him confidence.

He's exactly what we need. Passing and touch should come - application...jury is out.

Most teams against us will be two banks of players, pretty rigid and either 4-4 or more likely a 4-5 (Hearts 5-5 an exception). Pena is the only player so far who can play properly in between their lines. Both County and Dundee have totally failed to track him, and if you watch the games back and watch him rather than the ball you'll see how he does it.

Pena is a touch type player who apart from match fitness will need time to adjust to the game in Scotland. I hope that we get the best out of him as he could be both game changer and crowd pleaser.

We need a player who can make chances and takes up good positions and I believe Pena will come good.

He arrived late in the box 4 times in the 1st 5 mins after coming on. For me he's perfect
Foil to play off Morelos. Anyone who couldn't see the runs he made in and outside the box has no idea about football.

I will put my neck out and say I reckon he could be pivotal for us this season once he is up to speed.

Last edited:
Glad he managed to get one at the weekend, both he and his team mates looked happy. Think once he settles in he'll be banging them in for us.

We don't actually we get told it every day but the reality is he has shed an absolute tonne of weight during his time here. He's not been here a fortnight he's been here for months.

He arrived clearly miles off being fit and when he played against say Hibs he was still getting into shape.

He hasn't not featured for a reason-it's not language or any other nonsense or Glasgow or whatever other stuff -he wasn't fit.

If he was fit he would have been playing more. Now he's clearly at a stage where he can build up match sharpness but I think it is confidence rather than sharpness that affected him on Saturday-the goal will surely help that.

We don't actually we get told it every day but the reality is he has shed an absolute tonne of weight during his time here. He's not been here a fortnight he's been here for months.

He arrived clearly miles off being fit and when he played against say Hibs he was still getting into shape.

He hasn't not featured for a reason-it's not language or any other nonsense or Glasgow or whatever other stuff -he wasn't fit.

If he was fit he would have been playing more. Now he's clearly at a stage where he can build up match sharpness but I think it is confidence rather than sharpness that affected him on Saturday-the goal will surely help that.

Yea just look at his face when he came here compared to now, he is in much better shape, just remember not only is this guy getting match fit but he is trying to sus out what Scottish football is about and he will never have played football at this pace before, i think after xmas we will see the best of Pena.

He just looks like a big stalking predator that knows exactly where the prey is going to be.

At least now there are positive threads about him unlike a month or to ago.

I think so mate, i like his attitude aswell, all the crap we had to listen to about him not bothering to warm up and that he looked like he didnt want to be there are rubbish, he looks hungry to do well and thats at least a good start, cant wait to see him fully match fit and i would be playing him in both games against Partick.

He offers more than Miller does and the guy is still finding his feet.

That ball he played for Morelos was class and a ball nobody else in the team would attempt to play apart from Niko, so once he and Morelos get an understanding i think they could cause havoc.
Some of the pish written about the guy has been horrific Tbh.I wonder if all the haters will come back on and apologise once he gets a proper run in the team and batters goals in for fun.Totally agree about the pass he made for Morelos dare i say it it was straight out of the mhanks playbook ala paddy (makes me furkn laugh that) roberts into stinkclair they do it quite well I'm ashamed to say

Some of the pish written about the guy has been horrific Tbh.I wonder if all the haters will come back on and apologise once he gets a proper run in the team and batters goals in for fun.Totally agree about the pass he made for Morelos dare i say it it was straight out of the mhanks playbook ala paddy (makes me furkn laugh that) roberts into stinkclair they do it quite well I'm ashamed to say

They do mate and even our first goal with the Candeias flick for Morelos was outstanding and the sort of goal they would score, Pena, Candeias and Morelos could linkup really well together.

They do mate and even our first goal with the Candeias flick for Morelos was outstanding and the sort of goal they would score, Pena, Candeias and Morelos could linkup really well together.
Yeah really liked the dynamics between them looks to be a bit of imagination and guile in that trio hope they all start against the jags I think we could pump them if they are

Yeah really liked the dynamics between them looks to be a bit of imagination and guile in that trio hope they all start against the jags I think we could pump them if they are

Deffo, its funny how the game changed when Niko and Kenny came off both against County and Dundee, its no coincidence, we had much more imagination and where much more dangerous.

I just love watching Candeias, his energey, flicks, crossing , speed, he has everything really that we could have hoped for at 750k, there are more players like that out there we just have to be smart.

Early days but all in all i dont think anyone can say Pedro doesnt have a good eye for a player and JJ aswell.

He wont get everyone right but if you are getting 80% right then you are doing well imo.

Deffo, its funny how the game changed when Niko and Kenny came off both against County and Dundee, its no coincidence, we had much more imagination and where much more dangerous.

I just love watching Candeias, his energey, flicks, crossing , speed, he has everything really that we could have hoped for at 750k, there are more players like that out there we just have to be smart.

Early days but all in all i dont think anyone can say Pedro doesnt have a good eye for a player and JJ aswell.

He wont get everyone right but if you are getting 80% right then you are doing well imo.
That's very true mate I'll be honest and admit I was very worried pre season with the European fiasco player unrest etc.However all the keyboard managers are looking a bit foolish imo. Time will tell but I think Pedro has already put a far superior team together than anything we've had to endure in the last 5 years. Before anybody says he's spent millions in relative terms he has bought very well for very little Tore Andre Flo anyone lol

That's very true mate I'll be honest and admit I was very worried pre season with the European fiasco player unrest etc.However all the keyboard managers are looking a bit foolish imo. Time will tell but I think Pedro has already put a far superior team together than anything we've had to endure in the last 5 years. Before anybody says he's spent millions in relative terms he has bought very well for very little Tore Andre Flo anyone lol

I know i was the same, i always believed in Pedro but after that game i said that was it that he was not the man, but slowly he turned it around, still got a bit to go but i believe he is the right man.

We wont get another manager with the same passion he has for the club.

The slack passes won't be soley down to match sharpness, it'll be nerves too. He'll know there's been grumbles about him not featuring etc

I know i was the same, i always believed in Pedro but after that game i said that was it that he was not the man, but slowly he turned it around, still got a bit to go but i believe he is the right man.

We wont get another manager with the same passion he has for the club.
Yeah love his antics in the dugout and the way he dealt with mutton and mccoist was awesome lol

I think Pena for Niko and Windass for Miller is the ideal starting eleven.

This is the 11 I would like to see Friday, even if he doesn't have 90 in the tank yet, I would like to see Pena starting now, he needs all the game time we can give him.

Back