Carlos Queiroz responds to Jurgen Klinsmann who responds to Quieroz

What did Klinsman say?

'It is not by coincidence, it is part of their culture, how they play. They worked the referee. They work the linesman and fourth official, they are constantly in their ear. There were a lot of incidents we didn't see,' said the former USA manager.

'This is their culture, they take you off your game.'

'It would have been different with a different referee. They have five people around the referee. This did not play into the hands of Wales.'

Thats his quotes. Amongst calling Queiroz himself a failure who basically needed to resort to effectively cheating

I sometimes feel like we're the opposite in Britain so I appreciate what he's driving at. I can't remember from our last few games against German sides or Scotland playing Germany if they seem like they're also miles ahead of us when it comes to gamesmanship.

Also I don't think now is the time for Iran or Iranians to be defending their culture more than most others. If they could redirect their anger at their own people who are killing their own children, that'd probably be more suitable.

Last edited:
First dive I ever saw was the 1974 World Cup final when the German dived to con the English referee into giving him a penalty and Germany went on to lift the World Cup.

Is Klinsmann calling out Iranian players for trying to work the officials and get the upper hand by dark arts? And folk are agreeing with this?? Fuckinhell!
If Iranian ayers are guilty of what their regime do then I take it no Russian players will be allowed to play in Germany without the same condemnation.
Wales got fucked by an inferior team. Live with it.
Hope Spain win tomorrow and send the Germans home and I hate the Spanish.

'It is not by coincidence, it is part of their culture, how they play. They worked the referee. They work the linesman and fourth official, they are constantly in their ear. There were a lot of incidents we didn't see,' said the former USA manager.

'This is their culture, they take you off your game.'

'It would have been different with a different referee. They have five people around the referee. This did not play into the hands of Wales.'

Thats his quotes. Amongst calling Queiroz himself a failure who basically needed to resort to effectively cheating

I mean he's not wrong, Saudi were the same. Diving, cheating, dirty bastards.

Klinnsman was a diving bastard, some player but a diving bastard none the less, I remember years ago we all used to do his dives to see who’s was the best when playing a carry on game.

Bit rich considering he was a cheating bastard himself :))

Was thinking the same listening to the hypocrite, him and Voeller could compete with Tom Daley. Germans were the most cynical kuntz on the planet for a long period.
He must have a personal beef with Queiroz?

Regarding Iran, nothing against their players, but why the fuk are they at the WC when their govt is killing 10 yr old kids for protesting, and they're supplying Russia with drones?
That regime should be treated on a similar level to Putin, pariahs.

Hope the US fukin smash them Tuesday. I think they will.

Was thinking the same listening to the hypocrite, him and Voeller could compete with Tom Daley. Germans were the most cynical kuntz on the planet for a long period.
He must have a personal beef with Queiroz?

Regarding Iran, nothing against their players, but why the fuk are they at the WC when their govt is killing 10 yr old kids for protesting, and they're supplying Russia with drones?
That regime should be treated on a similar level to Putin, pariahs.

Hope the US fukin smash them Tuesday. I think they will.
Maybe the defender of Iranian culture Big Carlos will speak out about it? Then again, maybe not.

Winners find a way no matter what it takes

Losers cry on the sidelines that 'it's not fair'

The irony is the virtue signalling mostly comes from British pundits - "look at us we never resort to dark arts". LOL. I imagine they'll keep quiet if Harry Kane 'cleverly' dives his way to a decisive penalty.

Nah i agree. But i also dont think its unique to the Middle East. Loads of teams do it.

Spanish and Italian teams have done it for as long as i can remember. Definitely needs stamped out though

Spot on. This idea that Iran (and Saudi Arabia) are unique at intimidating refs constantly during a game is utterly laughable, the South American and Southern European countries (Spain, Italy and esp Portugal) are past masters at it.

Haven't watched much of this WC but did see all of the Wales v Iran game. To my eyes there was little that the ref got wrong, the send off was 100% correct and the better side won out in the end.

I must admit, listening to it live it jarred a bit, the fact he persistently called it ‘their culture’. We constantly see it ever week in our league, time wasting, diving, rolling about when not injured, in the ear of the ref etc. To single out any one team anywhere for it is odd.

Every week in the EPL you see players cheating, and big names too - this is not a new thing in football so why Klinsmann is having a go at Iran and their culture is anyone’s guess, trying to appease the Welsh panel and viewers I suppose.

Can’t blame Quieroz for responding, it’s not like he’s going to say ‘aye right enough Jurgen’. It’s an open goal to respond and take the moral high ground. If anything the Iranians will go into the game even more pumped up.

That said, I also hope the US scuff them out of the tournament.

I remember Gary Neville talking about when he was a youth player at United and they played a foreign side and that team were diving and hounding the ref while the United players were trying to play the game. United lost and he said it was a lesson learnt and for the English clubs to compete with the Europeans they would have to adapt their game.
You'll always hear foreign coaches and players moan about British teams being over physical, they'll see that as we see their diving and rolling around, for me the refs should have clamped down on it 20 years ago but now we have situations where a player is touched by an opponents finger, falls down and rolls around the ground and everyone, British TV pundits included, will tell you its a foul.

I remember Gary Neville talking about when he was a youth player at United and they played a foreign side and that team were diving and hounding the ref while the United players were trying to play the game. United lost and he said it was a lesson learnt and for the English clubs to compete with the Europeans they would have to adapt their game.
You'll always hear foreign coaches and players moan about British teams being over physical, they'll see that as we see their diving and rolling around, for me the refs should have clamped down on it 20 years ago but now we have situations where a player is touched by an opponents finger, falls down and rolls around the ground and everyone, British TV pundits included, will tell you its a foul.
Your last point is the main reason I can't be arsed watching a lot of football these days.

Absolutely tragic the way footballers - at the top level, clearly strong, physically fit men - are so easy to push over; how most physical contact results in an anguished shout; and how they need a couple of minutes of treatment for the most minor of bumps. It's utterly tedious to watch.

E4228-DED-65-E4-4-E6-F-ABCB-141-AEE6-E2-A93-gif-455381e603c8ea4b9bc7ff57aabbf181.gif

Hes got a bit of a hard neck tbh.
Did he not get called out years ago for diving then incorporated it into his celebrations :shh:

Reactions: TQ3
Back