Carlos Queiroz responds to Jurgen Klinsmann who responds to Quieroz

All the things he describes are true. However, he was also the biggest culprit himself of the darks arts. He’s also playing up to his audience here by sticking up for the Welsh.

Yes let’s hope for a really successful tournament for Iran. Salt of the Earth folk who have created such a peaceful society for all their citizens to live in.

The 'society' you speak of, was infact created by the USA and UK over oil drilling rights. (know your history). The leaders of the west are good at forgetting about that.

Equating the national football team to the Ayatollah isn't exactly fair either, But my desire for Iran to pump the USA etc. Was more to do with the hypocrasy of inclusivity and tolerance preached throughout the tournament by pundits, broadcasters and fans daily, until it's something they don't agree with or if they refuse to conform to certain ideals or the 'message'. Then it appears, certain nations (specifically the arab ones) should be ostrasized and are fair game for a good old bigoted pile on.

If I was a neutral looking on I'd call it racism, but who am I to judge.

Amazing player but he has a fkn cheek.
Typical German I suppose, being hypocritical is in their culture
:))

I remember Gary Neville talking about when he was a youth player at United and they played a foreign side and that team were diving and hounding the ref while the United players were trying to play the game. United lost and he said it was a lesson learnt and for the English clubs to compete with the Europeans they would have to adapt their game.
You'll always hear foreign coaches and players moan about British teams being over physical, they'll see that as we see their diving and rolling around, for me the refs should have clamped down on it 20 years ago but now we have situations where a player is touched by an opponents finger, falls down and rolls around the ground and everyone, British TV pundits included, will tell you its a foul.
Boils my piss when I hear commentators / pundits say 'yes, there was definitely contact' to justify a free kick / penalty being awarded. As if the merest touch is enough to send a player hurtling into midair. What happened to it being a contact sport? These players who go down as soon as they feel any kind of contact should be getting called out, not having their actions justified.

I heard his comments on Iran and didn't see too much wrong with them, other than the pig headed hypocrisy of a German bemoaning such tactics. They are, and always will be, the masters of buying free kicks and feigning injury etc. Crafty bastards. It is a part of the game, sadly.

The Germans, Spain and Italy, taught the world about gamesmanship, it still is part of their culture today.

The 'society' you speak of, was infact created by the USA and UK over oil drilling rights. (know your history). The leaders of the west are good at forgetting about that.

Equating the national football team to the Ayatollah isn't exactly fair either, But my desire for Iran to pump the USA etc. Was more to do with the hypocrasy of inclusivity and tolerance preached throughout the tournament by pundits, broadcasters and fans daily, until it's something they don't agree with or if they refuse to conform to certain ideals or the 'message'. Then it appears, certain nations (specifically the arab ones) should be ostrasized and are fair game for a good old bigoted pile on.

Don't know! What's your real name? ........

You want guys representing a medieval society to beat the nation that’s stood as a beacon of freedom (no matter how flawed it’s become)?
Iran shouldn’t be anywhere near any international sports.

Aye before the US and UK got involved in the Middle East it was a Utopia of peace and tranquility.

'It is not by coincidence, it is part of their culture, how they play. They worked the referee. They work the linesman and fourth official, they are constantly in their ear. There were a lot of incidents we didn't see,' said the former USA manager.

'This is their culture, they take you off your game.'

'It would have been different with a different referee. They have five people around the referee. This did not play into the hands of Wales.'

Thats his quotes. Amongst calling Queiroz himself a failure who basically needed to resort to effectively cheating
He was talking an absolute load of nonsense. It felt like he was trying to suck up to the Welsh pundits next to him.

Welsh defender Mepham totally play acted he’d been kicked on the head in that game. Replay showed zero contact. Footballers do this. Shedloads of teams from all over harass officials. Fergie’s teams were famous for it. We just call it standing up your team mates when it happens in UK.

In the video there I don't think any Iran player done anything wrong with the tackles etc. Didn't watch the game live so can't comment on that but the clips in the replays are all something of nothing tbh.

See exactly the same thing week in week out across all football.

Alls that happened is, in this example, Iran have caught up.

Just like the USA are no longer an emerging team

Yeah just telling it like it is mate. Jurgen Klinsmann (!) the voice of of reason on play acting, sure. A German racial stereptyping half of the world. Sound.

Don’t be so hysterical. Anyone with a brain could see what Klinsmann was saying, it wasn’t some racially charged deconstruction of thousands of years of Persian society.

Did he mention “brown athletes”?

If someone mentioned diving, rolling around and constantly fouling was part of the South American football culture nobody would argue about that.

As soon as you mention it about the wrong culture it’s offensive and racist.

Of course he didn't but if you're a racism obsessed zoomer you can always find what you're after.

Always liked Jurgen. Loved the early 90s German team, had some great players there.

Nah i agree. But i also dont think its unique to the Middle East. Loads of teams do it.

Spanish and Italian teams have done it for as long as i can remember. Definitely needs stamped out though
Italians pretty much pioneered the dark arts in European football although it’s a close run thing.
I suffered Bertie Auld’s filth and cynicism and Lennox getting tripped on the half way line and landing in the box.
It’s nothing new, I blame referees years ago for not clamping down on it at the get go.

I saw something the other day where Quieroz was questioning why Gareth Southgate isn’t inundated with questions about the political situation in the UK like he keeps getting asked about the same in Iran.

Maybe, just maybe, it’s because we aren’t in the process of executing 15,000 protesters Carlos.

Gabby going a bit Alan Partridge.
"The linesman is from Wales as well, well he has a Welsh name"

Caleb Wales. ;)
Gabby’s father is Welsh.
Famous Welsh player Terry Yorath.
A bit like Souness and Tommy Smith ex Liverpool.
No surprise she is sympathetic towards Jürgen’s comments given opposition Wales.

I saw something the other day where Quieroz was questioning why Gareth Southgate isn’t inundated with questions about the political situation in the UK like he keeps getting asked about the same in Iran.

Maybe, just maybe, it’s because we aren’t in the process of executing 15,000 protesters Carlos.
The clip I saw Quieroz was asking why Southgate and the US coach weren't being questioned on the rapid departure of US and British forces from Afghanistan. The resulting humanitarian crisis there will probably cause more deaths than have occurred in Iran, so he's got a valid point.

The clip I saw Quieroz was asking why Southgate and the US coach weren't being questioned on the rapid departure of US and British forces from Afghanistan. The resulting humanitarian crisis there will probably cause more deaths than have occurred in Iran, so he's got a valid point.
Why football should never have got into politics. Where will it all end?

I sometimes feel like we're the opposite in Britain so I appreciate what he's driving at. I can't remember from our last few games against German sides or Scotland playing Germany if they seem like they're also miles ahead of us when it comes to gamesmanship.

Also I don't think now is the time for Iran or Iranians to be defending their culture more than most others. If they could redirect their anger at their own people who are killing their own children, that'd probably be more suitable.

Gamesmanship is alive and well in the SPFL. Some of the dross of the SPFL have it down to a fine art at times.

'It is not by coincidence, it is part of their culture, how they play. They worked the referee. They work the linesman and fourth official, they are constantly in their ear. There were a lot of incidents we didn't see,' said the former USA manager.

'This is their culture, they take you off your game.'

'It would have been different with a different referee. They have five people around the referee. This did not play into the hands of Wales.'

Thats his quotes. Amongst calling Queiroz himself a failure who basically needed to resort to effectively cheating
Like Klinsmann wasn't one of the biggest cheats of all time?

His diving was on a par with Raheem Sterling's diving today...

Most modern footballers everywhere, are ruining football by being a bunch of cheating bastards. Players going down holding their faces, when bumped into, is a fuckin embarrassment

Literally anyone who has ever watched international football knows that Klinsmann is correct.
Correct.

But it’s 2022. It’s not about being correct anymore.

For those on his case, that doesn’t mean what he is saying isn’t true. It might make him a hypocrite, it doesn’t make him a liar.

Old Carlos has been acting like a twat all tournament. Hope the yanks smash them.
I think he’s just under extraordinary pressure. He’s a foreigner leading players through a turbulent time in their countries history. He’s been asked things that aren’t fair and you just know the press are waiting to pounce on a wrong word from any of the Iran camp. I can understand him being abrupt with reporters and although I do think he’s taking too much to heart he does have a point when it comes to other countries not being asked similar political questions.

Why Staunch Protestant? Nothing what he said was being Staunch. Is it something from the past, that's why you know he's a Staunch Protestant?
I think the thread title has been changed, certain it’s not the original title. He refused to meet the Pope on the 90s while playing for Inter. Graham Spiers also said that Rangers fans sung “Klinsmans a Klansman” after it.

Have to say, growing up watching us in the late nineties, I’ve never known as many cheating B’s as the Germans we faced against Dortmund and Bayern!

Latest posts

Back