Carlton Cole "Holocaust"

Oh thank god, the voice of maturity has waded in.

I am nearly 40. I am not 'being all PC', I am suggesting that there might be a tiny chance that not everyone walks about saying that things are a holocaust. And that perhaps some of the Jewish community, as well as others, might find the term synonymous with the death of 6 million Jews. I think you are getting 'being all PC' mixed up with just being a decent human being. Nugget.
Does saying that people defending the use of the word "Holocaust" is exclusive to the largest Rangers forum on the internet make you a decent human being?

This is the attitude that pisses me off. "Can't say this anymore, can't say that anymore". Language evolves and people's sensitivities change. It changes as we evolve as humans. We can't just freeze time to when YOU thought it was ok to say certain things about the group of people you want to ostracize. Maybe learn why language is changing the way it is, or maybe just try just being nice to folk. No matter who or what they are.
Just as I thought we can't.

This thread has went absolutely bananas.
Also, can I just say I do give my sincere apologies to any bananas looking in that may have been offended.

It's the same with a swastika. It is a Buddhist symbol of peace but in western culture it will be synonymous with the Nazi's for centuries.

People arguing about the word meaning this and how it was used long before that, are on the same wavelength as the Tim's who claim Hun isn't sectarian, because it was used in different contexts in the past.
Yes exactly.

You won't see a peace camp with a swastika unless your some of the guys in this thread who use Holocaust to describe ruining or obliterating something.

Does saying that people defending the use of the word "Holocaust" is exclusive to the largest Rangers forum on the internet make you a decent human being?
Not saying it is exclusive to here. The other forum that I go on, (which has a far larger cross section of society), had the view that it was a daft thing to say. It just happens that in here a lot of people don't want to see it as an offensive term.

Not saying it is exclusive to here. The other forum that I go on, (which has a far larger cross section of society), had the view that it was a daft thing to say. It just happens that in here a lot of people don't want to see it as an offensive term.
"Only on FF"

"Only on FF"
Okay then. Maybe what I meant was, "of all the places I frequent, only on FF..."
Other places would probably not stand for the "anti-woke, can't say anything anymore" bollocks people cry about on here. Maybe I am taking this further than I should have, but it is frustrating.

In fact, I won't comment in future, It's tiring. I have had arguments on here, and with people at Ibrox with people being racist cunts, as well as on the subway after games. There is too much of a general whiff of it that I hope fucks off soon from our support. The dafties with the banner the other night did nothing to help us as a support. Then the Tommy Burns shite in Sunday etc.

Sorry if I have annoyed anyone on this thread, just carry on.

Okay then. Maybe what I meant was, "of all the places I frequent, only on FF..."
Other places would probably not stand for the "anti-woke, can't say anything anymore" bollocks people cry about on here. Maybe I am taking this further than I should have, but it is frustrating.

In fact, I won't comment in future, It's tiring. I have had arguments on here, and with people at Ibrox with people being racist cunts, as well as on the subway after games. There is too much of a general whiff of it that I hope fucks off soon from our support. The dafties with the banner the other night did nothing to help us as a support. Then the Tommy Burns shite in Sunday etc.

You haven't annoyed me, all I've done is highlight that anyone at anytime can deliver poorly chosen words.

Pretty much the same as Carlton Cole has done.

I'm utterly bemused though at the point you're trying to make about racist Rangers fans and bringing up the Tommy Burns stuff.
On this very thread you're having a go at people who've stuck up for a black ex-celtc player!

Most people get annoyed about things that actually matter not what some random on the internet tells them to be offended about, you carry on being the champion of human decency:D

Stupid comment. Not something to get that upset about but it seems it's used by some pundits in England (I heard someone else do it a few months ago ?).

I don't even really know why, I've never looked at a potentially bad situation and immediately thought 'Yeah, that's like the Holocaust'.
But he apologised so that should be the end of it.

You haven't annoyed me, all I've done is highlight that anyone at anytime can deliver poorly chosen words.

Pretty much the same as Carlton Cole has done.

I'm utterly bemused though at the point you're trying to make about racist Rangers fans and bringing up the Tommy Burns stuff.
On this very thread you're having a go at people who've stuck up for a black ex-celtc player!

Some people will take the defence of the use of the word, as being on par with antisemitism. Some people call Rangers fans racist. That's it really. I abhor racism and it annoys me that the team I love gets tarred with this kind of stuff. It is not the norm for us no matter how social media and the mainstream media portrays us. Shit like this doesn't do us any favours is all.

Most people get annoyed about things that actually matter not what some random on the internet tells them to be offended about, you carry on being the champion of human decency:D
Whatever pal, enjoy your day. Say what you like and don't worry about anything.

Whatever pal, enjoy your day. Say what you like and don't worry about anything.
I will and don't. Hopefully you don't hear any words that you have decided are offensive today, l don't think your poor wee ticker can take much more.

Stupid footballer makes stupid, ill judged comment and folk are still banging on about it days later.

He apologised. That really should be the end of it.

Reactions: VGM
walkout-it-crowd.gif

I don't know whats more ridiculous.
The fact Cole is being criticised for using the word holocaust, or the fact there are people on this thread who think the word shouldn't be used and he is out of order.

Is this for real?!

:D

Had a look, seems he's apologised.

Is that the end of it?

Is it a hardship to not use the word?

Tune in next week for "Gary Linekar says disaster".
That's actually an interesting point. If the Daily Record or Sun went with an "Ibrox Disaster" headline after a heavy defeat or something people would absolutely, and rightly, be up in arms.

I don't know whats more ridiculous.
The fact Cole is being criticised for using the word holocaust, or the fact there are people on this thread who think the word shouldn't be used and he is out of order.

Is this for real?!

:D

Are you new here?

We once had a glorious thread in the lounge about the phrase "Expecting a baby" relating to Tom Daley and his partner. People were irate at the use of it. Probably the same ones saying this thread is ridiculous.

That's actually an interesting point. If the Daily Record or Sun went with an "Ibrox Disaster" headline after a heavy defeat or something people would absolutely, and rightly, be up in arms.

See, it doesn't take much for things to be taken out of context and there are some missing that point. That thread would be a 20 pager of who could be the angriest.

Back