Carolines law (possibly football related)

Zanderk

Official Ticketer
I wonder if this became law if it would make any difference to the way the mhedia have and still do operate regarding Rangers and our players?

If what has been written about Alfredo’s wife turns out to be a load of tosh or that the media were actually behind planting a story, this is the type of law that could be invoked.

What has happened to Caroline Flack is a devastating tragedy, the girl must have been tortured by inner demons however, I refuse to jump on this bandwagon of shameful attention seeking and faux outrage that is going on. If the narrative was around a young male who had attacked his female partner then those who are expressing how distraught they are would be baying for his blood. The world has become a place full of pathetic individuals who claim every tragedy as an excuse to promote themselves. Are the press shameful with respect to their behaviour at times? Absolutely. So too however, are those who make the biggest fuss after situations like this. The world is now full of frauds. RIP to the poor girl but I won’t be getting on any bandwagon with those turning it into a campaign to make themselves feel important.

(to be clear this was not meant in any way to be a pop at anyone on here.)

What has happened to Caroline Flack is a devastating tragedy, the girl must have been tortured by inner demons however, I refuse to jump on this bandwagon of shameful attention seeking and faux outrage that is going on. If the narrative was around a young male who had attacked his female partner then those who are expressing how distraught they are would be baying for his blood. The world has become a place full of pathetic individuals who claim every tragedy as an excuse to promote themselves. Are the press shameful with respect to their behaviour at times? Absolutely. So too however, are those who make the biggest fuss after situations like this. The world is now full of frauds. RIP to the poor girl but I won’t be getting on any bandwagon with those turning it into a campaign to make themselves feel important.

(to be clear this was not meant in any way to be a pop at anyone on here.)

I have to agree 100%. The issue is a complex one, but the behaviour of the media does not excuse what was a horrific incident of domestic abuse. I'm sure she did have mental problems, but I'm sure a lot of men who do similar horrible things also do, and wouldn't get a sliver of the same outpouring of grief she is now.

I'm very sorry she felt she was in enough pain to do that, and the media are absolutely complicit in her pain, but I am very uncomfortable with the posthumous sainthood certain quarters are gifting her with.

I have to agree 100%. The issue is a complex one, but the behaviour of the media does not excuse what was a horrific incident of domestic abuse. I'm sure she did have mental problems, but I'm sure a lot of men who do similar horrible things also do, and wouldn't get a sliver of the same outpouring of grief she is now.

I'm very sorry she felt she was in enough pain to do that, and the media are absolutely complicit in her pain, but I am very uncomfortable with the posthumous sainthood certain quarters are gifting her with.
No one is 'gifting posthumous sainthood' on Caroline Flack.

It is tragic that a woman with her gifts should take her own life and it is tragic that her life and career was effectively ruined by a domestic dispute that escalated to a court case and professional ruin. This would never have happened to a person with a low public profile.

Not a saint, just human, and entitled to be treated as such.

It is tragic that a woman with her gifts should take her own life and it is tragic that her life and career was effectively ruined by a domestic dispute that escalated to a court case and professional ruin. This would never have happened to a person with a low public profile.

A domestic dispute? She smashed a lamp over the head of her partner while he was sleeping. The amount of blood was horrendous, and the CPS felt they had no choice but to prosecute.

Also, if you are suggesting a person with a 'low public profile' wouldn't lose their job after going to court for something like that, I suggest you aren't living in the real world. Anybody would face professional ruin for doing what she did. I know in my job I would, and I cannot think of any employer that wouldn't sack someone outright for being taken to court for domestic abuse.

The only thing I agree with you on is that her profile brought media attention that was very much beyond what most people would have had to endure, which is why I very much agree they were complicit in what is absolutely a tragedy.

But let's not pretend this was some small domestic squabble, because I have a feeling that's certainly not what would be said if this was a man we were talking about.

Back