Cash rolls in as die-hard Arabs prepare to walk from Tannadice to Tynecastle to support Dundee United’s legal battle

EcWMDy3XYAEEfDI-768x428.jpg

Have you ever looked at a picture and thought “he looks a complete weapon”

“It’s not just United fans. I’ve had at least one Dundee fan messaging me saying he’s put in, there’s been some Celtic fans and people from other clubs as well.

Quelle surprise.
I saw on Twatter a few Yahoos reply that they would be donating not just for the benefit of Dundee United but for the overall good of Scottish football.

Fucking real boak material. Please, please love me or at the very least hate "Sevco".

Fucking goons.

“It’s not just United fans. I’ve had at least one Dundee fan messaging me saying he’s put in, there’s been some Celtic fans and people from other clubs as well.

Quelle surprise.
Good, the more money they gullible idiots pay for this out of their own pockets the better. There's a reason Raith are fleeing the battle scene.

Quelle surprise.

a dundee fan putting into a cause to keep Utd promoted and deny their own club 2 sell out games they will not replace?

wow

“Big Andy and I go out walking quite a lot and just last year I did the Kiltwalk which was 29 miles around Dundee.

“Your feet get a wee bit sore towards the end of it but I still felt I could go some more. I’m going to have to do it again next weekend!”

I think he may have found out why he's called "big" Andy :p

Are they not crowd funding for a court room defence that was thrown out? Isnt that like saying to your fans 'we've royally fecked this and now need your help'.

The original case was heard to decide where the actual hearing should take place and their whole case was dismissed. Absolutely pathetic effort and they have nearly bankrupted themselves in the process.

Are they not crowd funding for a court room defence that was thrown out? Isnt that like saying to your fans 'we've royally fecked this and now need your help'.

The original case was heard to decide where the actual hearing should take place and their whole case was dismissed. Absolutely pathetic effort and they have nearly bankrupted themselves in the process.

The case has been chucked out in that it is now being put into a binding civil arbitration process rather than being heard in the Court of Session.

SPFL clubs pledge financial support as promoted trio battle Hearts and Partick Thistle in SFA arbitration
Clubs face a potential payout of £10million if the ruling goes against them.

Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers will continue their SPFL battle after fellow clubs pledged to help with legal bills.

After the 2019-20 season was called to a halt early Hearts, Partick Thistle and Stranraer were relegated.

Reconstruction plans that would have seen no relegation across the divisions failed, leading the Jags and Jambos to launch legal action.

That was referred to arbitration by the Court of Session in Edinburgh, with the three promoted clubs on the other side.

Mounting legal costs meant the trio were considering abandoning their fight, but Raith Rovers announced on Monday they'd be launching crowd funding and appealing to fellow SPFL clubs for help.

It appears that support has been forthcoming, with Rovers chairman Bill Clark telling the Fife Free Press : "Things haven’t changed, the three clubs will continue to defend themselves.

“We will be at the tribunal which we expect to start next week sometime.

“It was a joint decision we made together, we looked at all the aspects of it and did a scoping of the pluses and minuses and decided we had to go ahead with it and defend our position.

“We have been dragged in to this, it was not our intention to be dragged in to a legal despite but because Hearts and Partick served us with the petition we felt we had to respond to it.

“We carried out a risk analysis and we are going forward.

"We have had a fair amount of support from other clubs in Scotland across saying they would support us financially if need be.

“Dundee United on behalf of all three clubs are starting a joint crowdfunding page.

“Between the money we’ve put in and the money we hope to get from other clubs and that should make us secure in terms of the money position."

If the SPFL were so sure of their position, why do these 3 diddy teams need to stick their oar in? And why the need to get money from others, because if your cause is as righteous as you think, Hearts would be liable for the cost.

It all seems to me like they know they are fcked. Hearts and Thistle have been quiet while the others are getting a bit desperate. I could be wrong, but the feeling I get is that panic is currently running through boardrooms like wildfire just now. They thought they could get away with the usual corruption and never for a minute thought they would be held to account like this.

I wouldn't be surprised if the SPFL were honestly arrogant enough to just not hand over documents as well. They seem to think they can treat the law like they treat their own rulebook and apply what they want; it very much seems like a rude awakening is coming.

Are these the same die hard arabs involved in the Sheep's sell out Saturday campaign six years ago?

Hope Hearts and Thistle get their payout. Not a fan of either but it puts the whole SPFL circus under the microscope. I couldn't see it surviving that.

The case has been chucked out in that it is now being put into a binding civil arbitration process rather than being heard in the Court of Session.

I thought their part of the initial hearing was rejected? Is that not what the costs incurred are for?

I, as ever, may have 2+2 equalling 6 here of course.

Back