Cast icon, Rangers TV

crookie_bear

Does anyone have any idea why I can see the "cast" icon to the right of the Rangers crest on my galaxy tablet but not on my IPhone 6s

Last edited:
Just purchased a Chromecast for my TV . Tested previously purchased games and it worked really good (from galaxy tablet) first live game tomorrow to try out

I don’t get the cast icon either. My YouTube and Netflix apps cast straight to my smart telly and I also have a fire stick but I’m the same no icon beside the Rangers bade on RTV while watching.

A poster had a response from them the other day on a different matter and they said the new player wasn’t optimised for iOS yet.

I don’t think that’s the issue here though. The iPhone won’t cast to a Chromecast or any other device from the browser - whether you use Safari or Chrome matters not - as far as I’m aware. It works with YouTube because you are doing it from within the App, which is optimised to carry out that function.

Maybe when we get the Rangers App it will be possible but not right now.

If you have AppleTV or if you have one of the recently released TVs that support Air Play you will be sorted though. They are few and far between right now though.

So far I have found the new cast icon on the player to be poor and have stuck with casting the tab on Chrome browser.

Just purchased a Chromecast for my TV . Tested previously purchased games and it worked really good (from galaxy tablet) first live game tomorrow to try out

You’ve answered your own question there.

Android is google, chrome cast is google.

to cast on your iPhone, download chrome (I think?)

I just bought today's game through my firestick using firefox browser

Does anyone know if this will play ok when game starts

I just bought today's game through my firestick using firefox browser

Does anyone know if this will play ok when game starts

The first, and most obvious, question is are you overseas? If not, have you got a VPN?

I can't advise on Firesticks (other can) but we need those two answers first.

I have a vpn on my firestick

Cool. You should be fine in that respect then.

As for setting up and using the Firestick its not my forte I have to say. I do regularly see posts about downloading Silk Browser to Firestick though.

I'd wait a wee while for those who know better to come along though.

Cool. You should be fine in that respect then.

As for setting up and using the Firestick its not my forte I have to say. I do regularly see posts about downloading Silk Browser to Firestick though.

I'd wait a wee while for those who know better to come along though.
I will get the silk browser just incase firefox doesn't play

What time does coverage start

Another wee tip - don’t have FF open on another tab on your browser whilst streaming the match - it messes with the picture.

Also, once logged in, click in the Settings icon in the bottom right and adjust the quality from Auto to 1080p. It works better.

Playing up already. I dont know what they've done to RTV but its in danger of becoming a major let down....and they are no help when you contact them the moment you mention vpn !

It’s playing fine for me on iPad mate but I don’t generally cast as I prefer to just watch on the desktop.

You’re not having much luck with AppleTV and the new player. Hopefully RTV come up with a fix but I suspect it unlikely until we get the App.

It’s fine today as I’ve got BT, but next week got people coming over to see Aberdeen game....we certainly won’t be gathering around the iPad the watch it

ChromeCasting, if not already mentioned is a Google specific technology.

Try Google Chrome on iPhone, might work.

The best suggestion is a laptop or desktop running Google Chrome and use the cast button in the browser (not the player) as thats what I've had most success with in the last 5 years.

Back