Castore 55 tshirt poor quality

Are folk just supposed to accept abysmal quality because it’s Rangers?

Most my Castore stuff is in the bin or a drawer because wearing it was ruining it.

I got the orange training top in March for my birthday and after 2 washes the white printed sponsor is peeling already. For me that is piss poor

Are folk just supposed to accept abysmal quality because it’s Rangers?

Most my Castore stuff is in the bin or a drawer because wearing it was ruining it.
I've not seen anyone suggest that. Nobody at all. What I have seen is some posters, rightly, raise the fact that there are issues and others, equally correctly, recount their own experiences which may be noticeably different.

The quantity of posts on here clearly indicates there have been some major issues. I don't think anyone has disputed that. I may not have encountered any but I'm not suggesting they haven't happened.

Last edited:
you would have better buying a £5 fruit of the loom t shirt and getting a local printer to iron on a 55. Castore stuff is abysmal but alot of people are too scared to admit it as they think its some trendy brand.
It probably was a fruit of the loom effort given their last efforts

you would have better buying a £5 fruit of the loom t shirt and getting a local printer to iron on a 55. Castore stuff is abysmal but alot of people are too scared to admit it as they think its some trendy brand.
I’m not a fan of Castore myself. I’ll buy the strips and that’s it, but I don’t think it’s trendy. I was recently replacing my gym stuff In time for the gyms opening and I thought about castore but then I remembered all the issues and just stuck with gymshark and Nike as I at least know they’re good quality.

Its definitely been a common theme this season with the strips/training kits produced. Hopefully they up their game next season quality wise

Thats a nonsense mate, I've read on these threads about how to wash tops etc so that things don't fall off and there is some pish being spouted.
I have 5 tops all washed at 40° with conditioner and they all still look brand new.
There will be cases of quality issues but every manufacturer has that.

Thats a nonsense mate, I've read on these threads about how to wash tops etc so that things don't fall off and there is some pish being spouted.
I have 5 tops all washed at 40° with conditioner and they all still look brand new.
There will be cases of quality issues but every manufacturer has that.

did you miss the massive thread last year when 100s of people have received rubbish quality products? People aren’t just making it up. I was one of them last year who received stuff that was defective. You would expect small amounts of quality issues but what we had last year wasn’t acceptable. Literally two separate strips depending on what factory made them etc

The solution to the problems everyone has been having with Castore is simple: don’t wear the clothing.
That way, the clothing doesn’t need to be washed and remains intact.

In fact, Castore’s USP isn’t that they're digitally native, it’s that they produce unwearable clothing.

Genius!

I've had to iron on the logo on a couple of castore tops this season. Put a piece of paper over the peeling logo and hold an iron on it for a few seconds. Problem solved.

I was furious when my home top came out the wash with a big hole next to the collar. Had to bin it. Was about to write a strongly worded email to Castore and start a thread on here, when the missus pointed out that it looked like the hole had been caused by a burn. And the last time I wore it was the day we won the league. When I smoked a big fat Cuban cigar... oops.

Apart from that I've got a training top and polo shirt with absolutely no issues whatsoever.
Mine has burns in it from flares at George Square. Those pesky yobs

I've not seen anyone suggest that. Nobody at all. What I have seen is some posters, rightly, raise the fact that there are issues and others, equally correctly, recount their own experiences which may be noticeably different.

The quantity of posts on here clearly indicates there have been some major issues. I don't think anyone has disputed that. I may not have encountered any but I'm not suggesting they haven't happened.

I've seen various posts along the lines of "here we go again" when posters post bad experiences.

Fact is, they have happened and shouldn't be ignored.

Personally I've had a dreadful experience with them for first season. I am going to be a bit more cautious with how much I spend first go next season (bought all 3 tops from the word go this season).

I thought they'd take a season to bed in, but it seems stuff they are releasing recently is just as bad.

I've seen various posts along the lines of "here we go again" when posters post bad experiences.

Fact is, they have happened and shouldn't be ignored.

Personally I've had a dreadful experience with them for first season. I am going to be a bit more cautious with how much I spend first go next season (bought all 3 tops from the word go this season).

I thought they'd take a season to bed in, but it seems stuff they are releasing recently is just as bad.
I'd say that's the correct way to go. If you get a bad product then exchange it if you can. If its too late then just avoid buying anything else until you hear more positive reports. I'm sure Castore will be aware of views being expressed on here and they will certainly be aware of the volume of returns they've had and whether they are excessive.

I saw early threads about the 55 t-shirts praising their quality go largely unremarked upon. Same with the Champions kits. First thread raising an issue and it runs to pages. That's the nature of the beast though and I understand that.

Personally I've had no issues but that's just MY experience.

I suspect the 'here we go again' comments are more about how these threads inevitably go, rather than a criticism of those complaining.

I'd say that's the correct way to go. If you get a bad product then exchange it if you can. If its too late then just avoid buying anything else until you hear more positive reports. I'm sure Castore will be aware of views being expressed on here and they will certainly be aware of the volume of returns they've had and whether they are excessive.

I saw early threads about the 55 t-shirts praising their quality go largely unremarked upon. Same with the Champions kits. First thread raising an issue and it runs to pages. That's the nature of the beast though and I understand that.

Personally I've had no issues but that's just MY experience.

I suspect the 'here we go again' comments are more about how these threads inevitably go, rather than a criticism of those complaining.

Can't argue with any of that.

I never actually complained to Castore or asked for a refund so I am just going to shut up and get on with it and buy one top at a time next season.

They do seem to be churning out merchandise constantly. Hardly a day goes by without them emailing me with new ranges

Sorry don't know how to post a picture...I got one of the championship 55 t-shirts as a birthday present on 5th April. Haven't even worn it as I was keeping it for trophy day ..noticed today that one of the 5s is coming away ...very poor quality esp when we hear castore has sold over 500,000 units of merchandise they really need to up their game
With the store opening on Monday will I be able to get an exchange from them
A belated Happy Birthday,never thought you would see the 55 wee man,stop fuking moaning.
Hope your well my wee mate.

I've bought 6 or 7 bits of their gear and I cant fault any of it.

did you miss the massive thread last year when 100s of people have received rubbish quality products? People aren’t just making it up. I was one of them last year who received stuff that was defective. You would expect small amounts of quality issues but what we had last year wasn’t acceptable. Literally two separate strips depending on what factory made them etc
Who said i missed it? The percentage will probably have been quite low compared to what was sold. You were unlucky, let's see how it improves over the years to come which I'm sure it will. If you don't like, you don't buy...simple.

I rightly expect a brand selling rangers merchandise not to be cowboys regarding the quality. They clearly have no quality control measures in place. If this was a local clothing factory supplying your kids team you wouldn't be happy but this company and the club banged on about how the merchandise would be amazing quality and the reality is that alot of it has been cheap and poorly produced with no consistency.
Roaster

Anything produced on a large scale quickly will have a % getting through that shouldn't. I'd see the problem if they didn't accept returns but it's easy enough to fire it back and get a replacement.

I think the issue here is that Castore are not a manufacturer and just a design studio (at best)
They have no factories and just contract everything out.
Therefore they are just a brand ironed on to clothing in China or wherever.
Anyone could do that.
However I may be wrong but I don't think so.

I have bought the home shirt the 3rd kit match jacket and orange training shirt for myself both shirts still in mint condion and the jacket has a little bobbled area so not great for £95, the full third kit for my toddler the castore logo has started peeling and the third shirt for my daughter again looks like the catore logo is starting to go so hopefully next season they will at least start embrodering logos waiting years to buy the kit and should be getting quality gear for the price we pay!

Alot of the issues people have are pieces of the RFC badge (or Castore logo) peeling off. To be honest, irrespective of who makes the garments it's one of the flimsiest designs on the planet to stick on clothing - probably why we're so snobbish we're willing to sacrifice our nipples to get it stitched on.

I wonder if it might be easier on all the non-strip items to stitch or stick on a "one piece" badge with the crest design on a background like Nike did on the 97? shirts

I’ve bought several Rangers and golf related products (Incl 55 tee shirt) and have found the quality to be excellent. Fairly large Rangers social circle and all enthusiastic about the products. Maybe we’ve all just been lucky or you’ve been the opposite.

People should report it to the club and castore and I don't mean plastering it all over Twitter etc for everybody to see and retweet and give the dark side ammo. If you don't contact them then they won't know there's problems and the quality won't get any better.

I’ve bought several Rangers and golf related products (Incl 55 tee shirt) and have found the quality to be excellent. Fairly large Rangers social circle and all enthusiastic about the products. Maybe we’ve all just been lucky or you’ve been the opposite.
I’ve bought a fair amount of stuf ( 10 items ) and 7 have been great, 2 were pretty poor after a few washes and one the lettering was wonky to start with.
I hope and think there will be big improvements next year.

People should report it to the club and castore and I don't mean plastering it all over Twitter etc for everybody to see and retweet and give the dark side ammo. If you don't contact them then they won't know there's problems and the quality won't get any better.

I twice highlighted the shocking quality of my strips (after the shocking quality of my leisure wear) to the SLO, @Greg Marshall .

Appreciate he'll be busy, but didn't get a reply to either recent attempt to contact him in this thread: https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/pathetic-quality-on-castores-rfc-range-updated-post-4-915-–-my-football-shirts-are-falling-to-pieces.131069/

I've more of less given up on Castore now and look forward to the end of the deal in four years' time.

I don't plan on buying any more Castore gear unless it's reported that's there's been a huge increase in quality.
I'll spend as much money as possible on everything else Rangers related.

I’m not a fan of Castore myself. I’ll buy the strips and that’s it, but I don’t think it’s trendy. I was recently replacing my gym stuff In time for the gyms opening and I thought about castore but then I remembered all the issues and just stuck with gymshark and Nike as I at least know they’re good quality.

Funny you say that as the 2 items of gymshark I have are the worst quality sportwear I've ever owned. I think under armour make the best stuff and pray we partner with them

I twice highlighted the shocking quality of my strips (after the shocking quality of my leisure wear) to the SLO, @Greg Marshall .

Appreciate he'll be busy, but didn't get a reply to either recent attempt to contact him in this thread: https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/pathetic-quality-on-castores-rfc-range-updated-post-4-915-–-my-football-shirts-are-falling-to-pieces.131069/

I've more of less given up on Castore now and look forward to the end of the deal in four years' time.

I don't plan on buying any more Castore gear unless it's reported that's there's been a huge increase in quality.
I'll spend as much money as possible on everything else Rangers related.
I appreciate we’ve had discussions in the past but tagging me in a thread on here I don’t think counts as highlighting it to me. Contact concierge@rangersstore.co.uk in the first instance. If unsatisfied with the response then come to me slo@rangers.co.uk

we are in the middle of the ST renewal launch which is the busiest time of the year.

I appreciate we’ve had discussions in the past but tagging me in a thread on here I don’t think counts as highlighting it to me. Contact concierge@rangersstore.co.uk in the first instance. If unsatisfied with the response then come to me slo@rangers.co.uk

we are in the middle of the ST renewal launch which is the busiest time of the year.

I disagree that it’s not highlighting it to you, particularly given it’s in a prominent thread that’s been near the top of the board for a considerable length of time.

In general, it’s also been a subject that continues to affect a huge number of our fans, so I’d imagine it’s one you’d maybe be keen to keep an eye on due to the nature of your role as SLO.

But, yes, I do appreciate it’s a busy time just now and FF mentions aren’t a priority.

I’ll contact the email address you’ve suggested.

I’ll also update my thread on FF if I receive a response.

I disagree that it’s not highlighting it to you, particularly given it’s in a prominent thread that’s been near the top of the board for a considerable length of time.

In general, it’s also been a subject that continues to affect a huge number of our fans, so I’d imagine it’s one you’d maybe be keen to keep an eye on due to the nature of your role as SLO.

But, yes, I do appreciate it’s a busy time just now and FF mentions aren’t a priority.

I’ll contact the email address you’ve suggested.

I’ll also update my thread on FF if I receive a response.
I can understand your perspective but genuinely it’s very easy to miss people tagging you in on here particularly at time such as the last few weeks.

I try and keep an eye over all facets of the support and not just on FF. I agree it’s an important topic but we have worked to ensure that Castore have improved their response time and ultimately individual issues need to be flagged and dealt with at concierge@rangers.co.uk

Funny you say that as the 2 items of gymshark I have are the worst quality sportwear I've ever owned. I think under armour make the best stuff and pray we partner with them
Well they’re coming today so I’ll know soon lol

I can understand your perspective but genuinely it’s very easy to miss people tagging you in on here particularly at time such as the last few weeks.

I try and keep an eye over all facets of the support and not just on FF. I agree it’s an important topic but we have worked to ensure that Castore have improved their response time and ultimately individual issues need to be flagged and dealt with at concierge@rangers.co.uk

No problem, mate, appreciate what you’re saying.
Thanks for the advice for our members.

That's a pitiful reply.

I've not had any issues with Castore, but plenty fans have and they haven't been satisfied with the response or service they've received.

That's a pitiful reply.

I've not had any issues with Castore, but plenty fans have and they haven't been satisfied with the response or service they've received.

Sorry you feel my response is pitiful.

If I approach the club internally on any Castore issue the first question would be around their customer service response. That is why I recommend going to them in the first instance.

Back