Castore and Newcastle.

The problem with the sale of Newcastle will be that Ashley will still want his fat fingers deep within the pie of their retail department

Not suggesting a conspiracy but it doesn't look good does it? Worst case there is involvement with the walking heartattack. Best case its another pr balls up.

The sooner we get back to a recognised kit manufacturer like Nike or Umbro the better.
And then if one of them decides to make kits fir Newcastle do we have to give them up as well. Clearly they would be in cohuts as well then?

Don't think it's' desperate for drama': I can well understand why many would be upset with this.
When the Castore deal was being done it was emphasised on this forum that they (Castore) needed to have nothing whatsoever to do with Ashley. They knew the feeling of the support, and presumably, the club...such was the animosity towards Ashley.
So within a year, to have done a deal with him: I'm not surprised so many are up in arms. I agree, business is business, but this is quite poor from them (imo), and I for one would like to know the inner thoughts of the board.

How many other companies were lining up to make a deal that removed the need to continue with Ashley?

We don't own Castore and our Board don't need to justify their business decisions. They're entitled to deal with whomever.

Are people going to stop buying our gear because Castore also supply Newcastle?

This is a lie though
It’s not. I wanted one of them but it’s still the same jumper and not the one pictured on the website. If you don’t believe go in the shop and look. Yes the ‘name tags’ aren’t on them but it’s the same jumper trust me. Plenty on here have noticed also. There was plenty photos of the jumper on the big thread about the quality issues. Hopefully when this batch sells out the next lot is better.

Here's my take. Rangers broker a deal with young, up and coming quality brand. They've got a few quid and offer Rangers an unparalleled deal that SD can't match. However as stated by castore, to get rid, they offer a small amount of shirts to Sports Direct. They have over committed and, due to a global pandemic, outsource some of their manufacturing which resulted in them dropping their quality control. That is their biggest error. The Newcastle deal is tendered for and they follow the same business model - they offer a far more generous deal than the bigger manufacturers as this is what is required to get teams to jump to them. Ashley will like this as he likes making money.

How many other companies were lining up to make a deal that removed the need to continue with Ashley?

We don't own Castore and our Board don't need to justify their business decisions. They're entitled to deal with whomever.

Are people going to stop buying our gear because Castore also supply Newcastle?
Yes, that’s key. We’re out of Ashley’s control simply because Castore stepped up with the deal they did.

Whatever the missteps since, and I think some of them are overstated, I’m grateful to them for that.

If they now expand their operation with a Prem club, I don’t see the problem. Our deal is our deal and it’s a good one.

Back