Castore and Newcastle.

Not everything is a conspiracy ffs.

This board is getting worse.
They arent the worst, yeh they appointed Pedro, Murty, the whole Mcinnes debacle, the Warburton scandal, the endless court cases for ego battles etc
But they arent worse than some
Of the other boards.

I have a picture in my mind of people on here hanging out the washing having a 2 hour natter with the neighbour about what's going on in the world.

Never seen gossip like it.

Newcastle have a very big local fanbase, there is no point in pretending that they're not an attractive option for a growing business. It doesn't automatically mean that Ashley is involved.

Castore partnering with Rangers and aiming to partner with Roma and Newcastle makes it quite obvious that they are targeting a specific type of club rather than taking anything they can get and becoming another Macron.

Castore had a rocky start but there has been a lot of sensationalism from our support surrounding them from day one

Do we think Mike Ashley is really behind Andy Murray as well? Castore sell his stuff right, so that would make sense?

As far as we know, the Castore contract details are clear. We get paid very well from them. There's nothing else to it.

Not everything is a conspiracy ffs.

This board is getting worse.

Fat Mike owns various brands and one of the largest sports distributors in Europe if not the world. Why would he go outside his own group of businesses to source a strip he could produce and market himself? As said already on this thread, Newcastle fans will buy regardless so all he is doing is diluting how much his business and the club make by outsourcing it.

Now that's not to say it has anything to do with us, it could be a sweetner for future business deals with regards to Castore, which is becoming a big name rapidly, using Frasers and other Ashley outlets to market their non sports ranges, or any other kind of business deal. But we would be daft to dismiss it out of hand when this cunt is involved.

For a company that has literally failed to deliver, they seem to be expanding at an exponential rate. I hope we got our money up front.

Fat Mike owns various brands and one of the largest sports distributors in Europe if not the world. Why would he go outside his own group of businesses to source a strip he could produce and market himself? As said already on this thread, Newcastle fans will buy regardless so all he is doing is diluting how much his business and the club make by outsourcing it.

Now that's not to say it has anything to do with us, it could be a sweetner for future business deals with regards to Castore, which is becoming a big name rapidly, using Frasers and other Ashley outlets to market their non sports ranges, or any other kind of business deal. But we would be daft to dismiss it out of hand when this cunt is involved.
Castore have been pretty transparent about the type of deal they offer, you get a smaller up front fee but a bigger percentage of profits, you also aren't immedietly forced to buy your own stock from them.

This is attractive to any club that knows they will sell big numbers, Newcastle definitely fall in to that bracket. It also probably reduces MA's costs enough to be a significant factor.

I'd be worried if SD were selling non football Castore product but they're not.

Newcastle will be a dawdle for castore because there will be at best half the demand for their stuff compared to Rangers

There's no basis for that though. The Beahon's have outright denied the Fat C*nt is involved in their Company. You can check their major shareholders on the Companies House website as well. Castore will also be well aware that if the Fat C*nt did try to get involved with them then they'd be done with a large chunk of the Rangers fanbase.

Does that mean some deals haven't been done as part of the 'severance' deal with the Fat C*nt - perhaps ensuring he gets merchandise ahead of other High Street traders? No, it doesn't. Its a huge leap from that to suggesting the Fat C*nt has any control in Castore though.

Let’s see where it all ends up.

You can’t deny it looks bad though.

Off all the clubs they could have picked they had to choose Ashley’s club.
"Of all the clubs they could have picked"? :))

Hi is that Real Madrid? Its Castore here, we've ch - Castore. No not the oil. We're a sportswear supplier from Liverpool... yeah. Anyway, as I was saying, we've chosen to be your kit manufacturer from now on, so you'll need to tell Adidas to f*ck off. You're welcome.

Why would Fatso let Castore have the strip deal over Puma a clothing brand he owns ?

Sounds like a wind up from the Fat man.

Can’t help but think The news of the retro release strip was made to try and soften the news of this announcement genuinely not all for conspiracy theories but something doesn’t sit right with me on this

I think Castore have been anything but transparent throughout this deal so far. Alarm bells should be ringing. Just hope the club get the money they deserve and are contracted for.

Castore have been pretty transparent about the type of deal they offer, you get a smaller up front fee but a bigger percentage of profits, you also aren't immedietly forced to buy your own stock from them.

This is attractive to any club that knows they will sell big numbers, Newcastle definitely fall in to that bracket. It also probably reduces MA's costs enough to be a significant factor.

I'd be worried if SD were selling non football Castore product but they're not.

All valid points if it was a club where sales figures fluctuate or demand is unpredictable, but thats not the geordies, they will buy regardless. Put a mewcastle badge on the oversized SD mugs and they would buy them.

“Less money upfront but more money through profits“
What happens if Castore and the fat cant who is clearly involved bump payments to us the same as Elite did for £3million.

They arent the worst, yeh they appointed Pedro, Murty, the whole Mcinnes debacle, the Warburton scandal, the endless court cases for ego battles etc
But they arent worse than some
Of the other boards.

It's thanks to many on our board now and previously that we even have a club.

You know the mike Ashley that's being discussed on the thread? Do you remember what he was doing to the club?

They've made mistakes since but everyone does in their professional lives. It's actually sad to see some people hold things like appointing the wrong manager against them when they did what they did.

Whisper it....their loans also keep the club competing well currently

I'm sure half the people on this thread won't like the fact that Ashley charges the mentally challengeds £600k / annum to lease the Argyle St store.

Do we even know if this is true yet? So far all the reports seem to refer back to this Sportcal site.

It's exactly the sort of rumour that "intelektewal" Celtic bloggers will be creaming their pants about and sharing, so I'd like a bit more proof.

It would be quite the step by Castore to have done this though, given they already know how much the fat turd is hated by us, and given there were already concerns about him having some involvement in the retail arrangements.

It would certainly be a worry for Fat Boy to have any relationship with Castore, as we know how he likes to burrow his way like some sort of blubbery weevil into companies that catch his eye.

There are ways the club can have protected itself from him acquiring influence over Castore though. Hopefully they've made sure that there is no matching clause. Hopefully they've also made sure that there's a provision which takes effect in the event of any substantial change in Castore's shareholding etc.

Think about it logically.

Ashley had a matching clause.

Castore put in a bid he couldn't match.

He doesn't have any shares in Castore. His deal with Rangers is beaten.

If he had influence at Castore, why would he outbid himself and basically lose his matching clause which he had forever?

Rangers are free of him. If he buys shares in Castore then that's his business but he has no hold over our retail at all now. We just move onto someone else next time.
I would go with this.

G5qkvK5.gif

Conspiracies abound in life, and this should be watched closely. Next thing is SD will run up a big bill with Castore and then start dictating to them as to what they should be doing. If Castore want to get paid by Newcastle, they'll have to not pay us. Nothing would surprise me.
Away you go not even trying

I think this news leak could well be traced back to Fat Mike, who might be trolling us
That was exactly my thinking. He loves fucking with us. He's do it just for a kick. From a commercial sense it makes perfect sense for Castore. They'll shift another 100k tops a year easy without even having to think about it. As long as our deal is sound, I couldn't care less who else they get involved with.

Why would Castore get involved with Ashley knowing it would result in us boycotting their products, they would have to pay production costs and our premium each year with no income, it’s business suicide.

Why would Castore get involved with Ashley knowing it would result in us boycotting their products, they would have to pay production costs and our premium each year with no income, it’s business suicide.
Dont let sense get in the way of a conspiracy theory ffs

Back