Castore and Newcastle.

The vast majority of fans have had good experiences with Castore.

The mistakes they made shouldn't be forgotten quickly but they also shouldn't be used to fuel a confirmation bias that they're irredeemable or dodgy.

Who needs enemies to paint the club as a shambles when our own fans are all to happy to do it for them
Did Castore not do a job job of making the club look shambolic then?

Did Castore not do a job job of making the club look shambolic then?
The school jumper thing was unacceptable, nobody is saying otherwise.

There hasn't been an issue since, they're opening a shop for us in the city centre tomorrow, they deserve the benefit of the doubt.

With the greatest of respect mate. Do you honestly think Mike Ashley has the energy to set up Castore, pay 2 scouse lads to front it, then set in motion a fiendish plan to pay us the most money we've ever been paid for a kit deal in order to one up us?... when all he had to do was actually match the Castore deal with one of his own companies with the matching clause he already had?

How much do you think Rangers shirt sales are worth, for him to go to all that effort? I admit its an unhappy coincidence and its possible Castore had to make certain concessions for him not to match (rights to sell jerseys etc) but the idea that the fat man would expend all of this effort to secure Rangers shirt sales, just seems incredibly far fetched to me.

Thats meant with the greatest respect mate. I know you and others are only concerned for the clubs best interests.

Haha yeah.

His idea was to create a very expensive sports brand, hire 2 scouse brothers to run it, sponsor Andy Murray, create an Andy Murray range, all of which has already cost him multi millions but its worth it to get his hands on Rangers.

Honestly, people are f*ckin idiots.

The school jumper thing was unacceptable, nobody is saying otherwise.

There hasn't been an issue since, they're opening a shop for us in the city centre tomorrow, they deserve the benefit of the doubt.
More than happy to give the benefit of the doubt once earned , for me there are still questions.

And all of the shareholders are named and not companies?
I've given the link earlier. Given the Beahons own in excess of 25% each (more than 50% between them) and the remaining list is lengthy (30+) I consider it fair to assume that the other shareholders are minor. You can go add up all the non-Beahons if you like and see which percentage each of them hold. Only 1 shareholder is a Company rather than a named individual and its a Company formed back in 2016. They are the next biggest shareholder after the Beahons and appear to own circa 18% of the Company. Given the lengthy list of other investors I think we'd have heard long before now of any Fat C*nt involvement from one of them.

I've given the link earlier. Given the Beahons own in excess of 25% each (more than 50% between them) and the remaining list is lengthy (30+) I consider it fair to assume that the other shareholders are minor. You can go add up all the non-Beahons if you like and see which percentage each of them hold. The next biggest shareholder after them appears to own circa 18% of the Company.
Sorry your link wouldn’t open for me , but sensible reasoning rather than I know this , I know that.
My comments are borne from concern , nothing else.

A geordie I know who was very active with a Newcastle fans group against Ashley told me Ashley is in with castore. I know castore denied this and said he has no involvement whatsoever.
I think it’s clear Castore are in with Mike Ashley - Castore Rangers shirts are already in Fraser’s and Sports Direct

Sorry your link wouldn’t open for me , but sensible reasoning rather than I know this , I know that.
My comments are borne from concern , nothing else.
Works for me. I tried shortening the link using some online software but it wouldn't work. Bottom line - all shareholders are listed. Only one is a Company rather than a named individual. Said Company (Monte Group, Jersey) is more than 4 years old and appears to have an 18% shareholding. No link to the Fat C*nt that I can find.

Works for me. I tried shortening the link using some online software but it wouldn't work. Bottom line - all shareholders are listed. Only one is a Company rather than a named individual. Said Company (Monte Group, Jersey) is more than 4 years old and appears to have an 18% shareholding. No link to the Fat C*nt that I can find.
Thanks very much for the insight and sensible debating.
Tried the link again but keep getting access denied but the above statement is reassuring.

Sadly with their pricing and possible liaison with MA I will buy no more from them and I suspect a lot of others will as well. Money to Rangers in other ways

Thanks very much for the insight and sensible debating.
Tried the link again but keep getting access denied but the above statement is reassuring.
Tried it myself on another device and get ‘time expired’ myself. I’ve given the gist of it anyway. Edited original post to remove ‘dead’ link.

Castore are going about offering silly incentives to work with them

man known for getting every advantage he can to get his company a great deal over who he is dealing with

not surprised the two are linking, doesn’t mean we are doomed

Sadly with their pricing and possible liaison with MA I will buy no more from them and I suspect a lot of others will as well. Money to Rangers in other ways
Bwahahaha what a pile of shite.
Mate keep yer dough the shop will be heaving
The retro strip looks like it’ll sell out before the killie game.
Rangers are raking it in...all’s good.

He has no link with Castore. They are going to supply kit to a football club he owns - and desperately wants rid of - and that’s it. Anyone who supplies our kit is likely to have other ‘customers’ you know.

From a business perspective Newcastle are a great club for them to get involved with due to stature & fan base.

However, the fact MA is still at Newcastle means it’s probably not worth the hassle & unlikely they will pursue it until he’s gone.

Even if they did, I doubt there would be anything malicious in their intentions. As suggested, they money they are paying us is substantially more than our last dea

They were competing for the Roma contract a while ago, would love for Roma to use them.

Can’t believe folk think this is some huge conspiracy, mental.

EDIT: I should caveat my post by saying the Roma owner is one of the fellas seriously interested in buying Newcastle.

Bwahahaha what a pile of shite.
Mate keep yer dough the shop will be heaving
The retro strip looks like it’ll sell out before the killie game.
Rangers are raking it in...all’s good.
Agree it is good if Rangers are raking it but as your user name is Gramps I would presume that like me you would look stupid in a replica shirt the rest of their pricing is double most retailers and I would rahter spend my monet in other ways in no way is it a pile of shite it is an opinion and I would wager I soend a fair bit for Rangers over the last 50 years shares debentures travel tickets I have the right to chose how I spend my dough and after the last 8 years will be wary of those who seek out the gullible

I don’t know anything that’s why I am asking the question.
Im not they one saying 100% this and 100% that not knowing any more than me.
i have concerns based on history thats all.
It's not altogether a bad thing to be dubious after what we've been through but it had to end some time. I've got a nagging feeling at the back of my mind and have done since the start. It all seemed too easy but that's down to my negative outlook and having spent too long around people of questionable repute. I assume the worst and anything else is a bonus. On this I'm putting my trust in the Club when it comes down to it though and putting the doubts aside.

Agree it is good if Rangers are raking it but as your user name is Gramps I would presume that like me you would look stupid in a replica shirt the rest of their pricing is double most retailers and I would rahter spend my monet in other ways in no way is it a pile of shite it is an opinion and I would wager I soend a fair bit for Rangers over the last 50 years shares debentures travel tickets I have the right to chose how I spend my dough and after the last 8 years will be wary of those who seek out the gullible
Your bit about MA is shite mate.
So you won’t spend a penny in the store because it’s owned by castore?
The pricing is the same as every other club

It's not altogether a bad thing to be dubious after what we've been through but it had to end some time. I've got a nagging feeling at the back of my mind and have done since the start. It all seemed too easy but that's down to my negative outlook and having spent too long around people of questionable repute. I assume the worst and anything else is a bonus. On this I'm putting my trust in the Club when it comes down to it though and putting the doubts aside.
Common sense reply , seems like the grown ups are starting to come on now.

Your bit about MA is shite mate.
So you won’t spend a penny in the store because it’s owned by castore?
The pricing is the same as every other club
Their pricing is not the same as other retailers I will not be spending in other club stores as I only support Rangers so any leisure wear is from non Asley retailers can get good quality bunnets polos facemasks at half the price I did not say MA was involved would like ti confirmed as I say I can chose how to support Rangers financially and do so I do not need to be ripped off I would hpe and expect you do not support MA

Their pricing is not the same as other retailers I will not be spending in other club stores as I only support Rangers so any leisure wear is from non Asley retailers can get good quality bunnets polos facemasks at half the price I did not say MA was involved would like ti confirmed as I say I can chose how to support Rangers financially and do so I do not need to be ripped off I would hpe and expect you do not support MA
Apologies I thought you meant replica football strips.

List of shareholders is above mate.

And what? They explained the concession and they had a stock shortage due to demand.
They aren’t exactly the most honest tho are they? The shirts released are of shocking quality, they then made up some rotten lie of a story on pro shirts (that have still never been released)
HOF and Sports Direct had them in store for sale before Castore could deliver a pre order.
Listen I’m sure I’m wrong - but my gut feeling suggest something else

No disrespect mate, but could you spell out to the more dim members of the forum, myself included, exactly why it is clear?
HOF and Sports Direct had the home shirt for sale in store before Castore delivered the Pre Order.
Suggesting it’s clear was wrong of me - but my gut feeling on this tells me it’s a very “perfect silent” wholesale deal.

Back