Castore and Newcastle.

Ashley’s stink all over it.

We have suffered too much to blame things on coincidences.

We were assured Castore would not be involved with SD/Ashley. That changed quickly when SD had the shirts before we did.

Now they’re sponsoring his clubs shirts. Hmmm. Two pretty big coincidences.
No, we were assured that the Fat C*nt wasn’t involved in running/owning Castore. And that is absolutely correct. He isn’t.

Our kit manufacturer looks like they will have NUFC as a client from next Summer. That’s all that’s happened. Same as they are/were hoping to have Roma as a client. It’s their business model, nothing more. Time to stop being afraid of the Fat C*nt.

Castore will say business is business but they would have been warned about Ashley by rangers

Newcastle would appear to the type of club any manufacturer would want to get involved with.
Castore are not a hostage of Rangers, we are merely another customer.
Surely as long as our deal gives our club its due, then what Castore do with other customers is their business?
The problems with quality is another matter, but Castore have every right to deal with Newcastle, surely?
I think adding 2+2 to make any assumption that suits some of our more suspicious minds may be dangerous at this stage.
Everything you say is true. From a legal perspective. Castore are legally entitled to deal with Mike Ashley, Newcastle or any other business or club. There is a “but” though.

I’m generally cyclical by nature, but some of the conspiracy theorists on here will always leap to the immediate conclusion that anything they do proves that the whole Castore deal was all a smokescreen for Ashley. I’m far, far from convinced by that. Other than his tat-shops selling the strip, as they do hundreds of other teams, this is the first apparent “link” between Castore and Ashley.

Here is the but. Castore are entitled to choose to deal with Newcastle and Ashley just as many other companies have been legally entitled to do deals with countries with poor human rights records, or people with questionable views on race, etc. And they have suffered a backlash from customers that way, way offset the upside of that deal in isolation.

Castore need to consider the reaction of its single biggest group of customers when considering a deal with Ashley. Yes financially it may make sense as a stand-alone deal...but there are more than a few fans (and I would likely be one of them) who want the man to have total pariah status and would genuinely think twice before buying anything from Castore in future. As a signal to both them and, frankly, to the club that we take the fact he tried to all but kill our club very very seriously. We won’t forget or forgive.

I am reassured somewhat by the suggestion that Castore are well aware of this and that a deal with Newcastle is dependant on Ashley selling.

Everything you say is true. From a legal perspective. Castore are legally entitled to deal with Mike Ashley, Newcastle or any other business or club. There is a “but” though.

I’m generally cyclical by nature, but some of the conspiracy theorists on here will always leap to the immediate conclusion that anything they do proves that the whole Castore deal was all a smokescreen for Ashley. I’m far, far from convinced by that. Other than his tat-shops selling the strip, as they do hundreds of other teams, this is the first apparent “link” between Castore and Ashley.

Here is the but. Castore are entitled to choose to deal with Newcastle and Ashley just as many other companies have been legally entitled to do deals with countries with poor human rights records, or people with questionable views on race, etc. And they have suffered a backlash from customers that way, way offset the upside of that deal in isolation.

Castore need to consider the reaction of its single biggest group of customers when considering a deal with Ashley. Yes financially it may make sense as a stand-alone deal...but there are more than a few fans (and I would likely be one of them) who want the man to have total pariah status and would genuinely think twice before buying anything from Castore in future. As a signal to both them and, frankly, to the club that we take the fact he tried to all but kill our club very very seriously. We won’t forget or forgive.

I am reassured somewhat by the suggestion that Castore are well aware of this and that a deal with Newcastle is dependant on Ashley selling.

Your last paragraph is what is needed as reassurance LJ, lets hope it’s forthcoming very soon.

Your last paragraph is what is needed as reassurance LJ, lets hope it’s forthcoming very soon.
I’d be astonished if Castore were dealing with them on the basis the Fat C*unt leaves. For one thing, history shows that if a deal for him to leave NUFC was in the pipeline we’d already know because closing the deal would potentialy take over a year anyway. It’s also not for a fledgling kit supplier to make those sort of ‘demands’, no way to run a successful business. I don’t ‘buy’ that line at all.

However, personally, I have no concerns over Castore supplying the NUFC kit anyway. The Fat C*nt is not involved in the running of Castore. That’s what really matters. Though I do suspect that some ‘deals’ were done between the three parties regarding the sale of Rangers kit in his stores ahead of others as part of the severance package.

These 2 young guys have built a very successful top of the range sports company. Have a multi million pound sponsorship deal with Andy Murray and Rangers.

Are people seriously that paranoid that they think the Beahon brothers have built this business for all these years, involving one of the most famous sportsmen on earth along the way, as some sort of front for Ashley to get one over on Rangers?

Or that they would put all that at risk just to allow Ashley to get control over Rangers retail operation?

Last edited:
I’d be astonished if Castore were dealing with them on the basis the Fat C*unt leaves. For one thing, history shows that if a deal for him to leave NUFC was in the pipeline we’d already know because closing the deal would potentialy take over a year anyway. It’s also not for a fledgling kit supplier to make those sort of ‘demands’, no way to run a successful business. I don’t ‘buy’ that line at all.

However, personally, I have no concerns over Castore supplying the NUFC kit anyway. The Fat C*nt is not involved in the running of Castore. That’s what really matters. Though I do suspect that some ‘deals’ were done between the three parties regarding the sale of Rangers kit in his stores ahead of others as part of the severance package.

Anything involving that fat bastard or this football club eats at my very core V B, we’ve been kicked in the baws far to often whenever he’s been around. We all need some kind of reassuring, so we can put this thread to bed, as the saying goes.

Last edited:
If the deal was with NUFC once the club has been sold/Ashley's gone, who exactly will be involved in these current negotiations with Castore?
Was coming on to ask the same question. Ashley controls Newcastle 100%. So Castore must be in negotiation with Ashley or some of his muppets. Castore have reportedly been in touch with Rangers to say any deal is dependent on Ashley being gone. So Ashley is in talks with two young upstarts who are basically saying %^*& you fatman, these are our terms? Doesn't sound very like the way Ashley does business to me.

Was coming on to ask the same question. Ashley controls Newcastle 100%. So Castore must be in negotiation with Ashley or some of his muppets. Castore have reportedly been in touch with Rangers to say any deal is dependent on Ashley being gone. So Ashley is in talks with two young upstarts who are basically saying %^*& you fatman, these are our terms? Doesn't sound very like the way Ashley does business to me.
I doubt the Fat C*nts takes any interest in the running of NUFC other than to sign-off on another money-making scheme for his own benefit. I'd be very surprised if he is involved in any negotiations whatsoever - it will be one of his minions.

You are right though, as I've mentioned earlier, no way will Castore - or any other Company - be demanding he leaves before they agree a deal to supply kit to NUFC.

It stinks. Surely nobody can deny that?

There's been so many things that if you unpick a thread pulls back to Ashley. Those saying he has no interest in deals, lets minions do it etc forget (what is in my opinion) his hatred for all things Rangers and Dave King. It seems personal with him. Is it a coincidence? Time will tell. Makes no difference to me as I wont shop with Castore after the way I was treated. Same as I wouldn't with any other retailer who did it. Disclaimer *awaits comments of I can keep my money, unstaunch blah, blah, blah. No shits given*

These 2 young guys have built a very successful top of the range sports company. Have a multi million pound sponsorship deal with Andy Murray and Rangers.

Are people seriously that paranoid that they think the Beahon brothers have built this business for all these years, involving one of the most famous sportsmen on earth along the way, as some sort of front for Ashley to get one over on Rangers?

Or that they would put all that at risk just to allow Ashley to get control over Rangers retail operation?
That’s exactly why the conspiracy theories don’t stack up to me. It’s taking “playing the long game” to a ridiculous level.

If the deal was with NUFC once the club has been sold/Ashley's gone, who exactly will be involved in these current negotiations with Castore?
Will be the same people who are running the club day to day. Ashley isn’t in every meeting and making every decision. But it’s far drom out with the realms of possibility that he has his people don’t deals that will make the club more attractive to potential investors, even if they are conditional on Ashley leaving or at least agreeing to terminate deals that hamstring them.

Will be the same people who are running the club day to day. Ashley isn’t in every meeting and making every decision. But it’s far drom out with the realms of possibility that he has his people don’t deals that will make the club more attractive to potential investors, even if they are conditional on Ashley leaving or at least agreeing to terminate deals that hamstring them.

I'm not sure this is logical.

Whether it's Ashley himself or his one of his team, the deal (if there is one) will be done with NUFC in its current form/ownership. The rumour relates to the tie-up with the club when Ashley's gone.

I'm not sure this is logical.

Whether it's Ashley himself or his one of his team, the deal (if there is one) will be done with NUFC in its current form/ownership. The rumour relates to the tie-up with the club when Ashley's gone.
It’s absolutely logical. I’ve been involved in business acquisitions / disposals where we’ve had deals lined up contingent on a sale; whether that’s been leases, bank funding, client contracts or supplier agreements.

I‘m not saying it is the case, I’m saying it’s not outwith the realms of possibility that the current Newcastle management have been told to do whatever they can to enhance the value of the asset and so are exploring commercial partnerships that simply wouldn’t be possible with the stranglehold Sports Direct have been handed under Ashley. He‘ll be striking the balance of what the club is worth to his business versus what disposal will be worth, and whether terminating some of the existing deals make that more likely.

Any prospective partner can go into those discussions knowing that until the deal is signed they can always walk away, so frankly can put whatever conditions on themselves they like. If they’ve said “we’re negotiating this but won’t sign if Ashley is still there at the time” then they’re perfectly able to do so. Doesn’t mean Newcastle has to continue to negotiate with them if they believe he will be.

Arsenal - Adidas - 2023
Aston Villa - Kappa - 2022
Brighton - Nike - 2022
Burnley - Umbro - 2022
Chelsea - Nike - 2032 (yes, 32)
Crystal Palace - Puma - unknown
Everton - Hummel - 2023
Fulham - Adidas - 2023
Leeds - Adidas - 2025
Leicester - Adidas - unknown
Liverpool - Nike - unknown but just signed
Man City - Puma - 2029
Man United - Adidas - 2024
Newcastle United - Puma - 2021
Sheffield United - Adidas - 2021
Southampton - Under Armor - 2023
Spurs - Nike - 2033 (yes, 33)
WBA - Puma - unknown
West Ham - Umbro - 2023
Wolves - Adidas - 2022

So if we take the unknowns along with the 2021 - Palace, Leicester, Newcastle, Sheffield, and WBA are potential partners. Can see why they’d go for Newcastle out of those really.

Arsenal - Adidas - 2023
Brighton - Nike - 2022
Burnley - Umbro - 2022
Everton - Hummel - 2023
Fulham - Adidas - 2023
Leeds - Adidas - 2025
Man City - Puma - 2029
WBA - Puma - unknown
West Ham - Umbro - 2023
Wolves - Adidas - 2022

So if we take the unknowns along with the 2021 - Palace, Leicester, Newcastle, Sheffield, and WBA are potential partners. Can see why they’d go for Newcastle out of those really.

Let's stray into conspiracy theory territory and wonder at the ease Ashley f*cked off. Could part of the negotiations have involved Castore getting the Newcastle contract? I am not saying this happened btw.

Rangers don't own Castore and I doubt we can dictate their business policies. Why do you care who Castore do business with?

Some are desperate for drama.
Don't think it's' desperate for drama': I can well understand why many would be upset with this.
When the Castore deal was being done it was emphasised on this forum that they (Castore) needed to have nothing whatsoever to do with Ashley. They knew the feeling of the support, and presumably, the club...such was the animosity towards Ashley.
So within a year, to have done a deal with him: I'm not surprised so many are up in arms. I agree, business is business, but this is quite poor from them (imo), and I for one would like to know the inner thoughts of the board.

Personally, I dont think Ashley is involved with castore. I wouldn't put it past him wanting some involvement though.

Aslong as the money we are owed throughout this deal goes to our club then I am satisfied.

However, I'm a little sceptical of the Beahon brothers. When deals were being announced and stores were opening, they were happily interacting on rangers tv and fan media. When all the trouble with fan orders and refunds occurred and a major shareholder (representing thousands of fans) questioned them, they were nowhere to be seen. Honesty and transparency gains trust. I'd be much happier if they come out, put their hands up and owned up to mistakes on their part. I can't help but feel they went into hiding when serious questions were raised.

The fans deserved answers and deserve a good level of service when they put their hands in their pockets supporting the club and castore. The Beahon brothers silence during this time does make fans sceptical and start to question wether they should be trusted.

Last edited:
Unfortunately you need actual evidence to back up any potential 'conspiracy' or wrong doing, just having a hunch about coincidences doesn't count.

Not suggesting a conspiracy but it doesn't look good does it? Worst case there is involvement with the walking heartattack. Best case its another pr balls up.

The sooner we get back to a recognised kit manufacturer like Nike or Umbro the better.

Don't think it's' desperate for drama': I can well understand why many would be upset with this.
When the Castore deal was being done it was emphasised on this forum that they (Castore) needed to have nothing whatsoever to do with Ashley. They knew the feeling of the support, and presumably, the club...such was the animosity towards Ashley.
So within a year, to have done a deal with him: I'm not surprised so many are up in arms. I agree, business is business, but this is quite poor from them (imo), and I for one would like to know the inner thoughts of the board.

Exactly MB, some clarification is most definitely needed from our board.

Not suggesting a conspiracy but it doesn't look good does it? Worst case there is involvement with the walking heartattack. Best case its another pr balls up.

The sooner we get back to a recognised kit manufacturer like Nike or Umbro the better.

Why?

They wouldn't pay us anywhere near as much as Castore are?

Let's stray into conspiracy theory territory and wonder at the ease Ashley f*cked off. Could part of the negotiations have involved Castore getting the Newcastle contract? I am not saying this happened btw.

Im struggling to understand the logical here. Ashley gave up the Rangers contract to allow a brand the chance to sponsor Newcastle?

Arsenal - Adidas - 2023
Brighton - Nike - 2022
Burnley - Umbro - 2022
Everton - Hummel - 2023
Fulham - Adidas - 2023
Leeds - Adidas - 2025
Man City - Puma - 2029
WBA - Puma - unknown
West Ham - Umbro - 2023
Wolves - Adidas - 2022

Nice work mate. Can easily see, from the options presented, that NUFC were the best option in terms of potential sales.

I doubt the Fat C*nts takes any interest in the running of NUFC other than to sign-off on another money-making scheme for his own benefit. I'd be very surprised if he is involved in any negotiations whatsoever - it will be one of his minions.

You are right though, as I've mentioned earlier, no way will Castore - or any other Company - be demanding he leaves before they agree a deal to supply kit to NUFC.

According to the daily update on Heart & Hand that is what Castore have told the club. Any deal is predicated on a change of ownership. So are they lying?

According to the daily update on Heart & Hand that is what Castore have told the club. Any deal is predicated on a change of ownership. So are they lying?
Nobody is accusing anybody of lying mate. Harsh and unnecessary language.

From what I've read (haven't heard H&H) Castore have made Rangers aware of what is going on with the NUFC deal and said they are 'cognisant' of the issues around that and how Rangers might feel about it. Its a big step from that to suggest Castore are saying to NUFC we won't deal unless the Fat C*nt is gone. Put it this way, the last deal for someone to buy NUFC was about two years in the making before collapsing right at the end. If the Fat C*nt had a buyer we'd know all about it by now. Given lead-in times Castore/NUFC would need to agree the deal by early Spring and, as we found with Rangers, that is cutting it very, very fine.

"The deal is predicated on a change of ownership" is a quote from the daily update in reference to what Castore have told the club. I have no idea if this is true or not.

Two questions.

Who is likely to have initiated the talks about a deal? Would Castore have made the first approach or would Newcastle be proactive in asking companies what their offer is?

Who leaked the details to the media? I'd be pretty sure this has come from Ashley's people.

If there is nothing untoward going on is it possible Ashley is toying around with Castore knowing he can lob a few hand grenades every now and then to cause a bit of havoc and confusion?

"The deal is predicated on a change of ownership" is a quote from the daily update in reference to what Castore have told the club. I have no idea if this is true or not.
Nor have I mate and, whilst its not impossible, it would be very, very unusual and, given the timelines for a change of ownership at NUFC would, in my opinion, be unlikely.

Unless the deal was for 2022/23 rather than next season - which would mean NUFC extending their Puma deal by another season presumably.

Castore will want jabba the huts distribution channels and warehouse storage, besides Newcastle will be a huge earner for them

My prediction;

12-24 months down the line Castore get into financial difficulties, ‘we expanded too fast, too quick.’ Fat Mike rides to the rescue and takes them over in a murky administration.

Remember some of the Grandiose statements they made prior to our kit launch?

I'll remain sceptical of them based on some of their previous statements vs what actually happened

Back