Castore do a number of clubs kit now do you think we are still the “Jewel in the crown” for them?

AndythephotoDr

Wonder how Castore see the value of Rangers in their business these days given the number of clubs they make kit for now. We certainly helped put them on the map with football club I think but what is the value of our business worth to them? How do you think our kit sells in comparison to their other clubs? Do you think Rangers will have as prestigious a contract as say Newcastle United

Would be really interesting set of figures I’m sure if we were able to get them somehow as we have heard nothing much from the Behon brothers now we are not their only big concern. We used to get interviews and info, we were the test case for their business when dealing with a proper big club and were the ones where all their teething troubles were ironed out

I'm sure when they got the Newcastle deal they said they were their premier club.

Our new kit has the same collar as the Geordies too but with Europa League and CL exposure and a huge fan base I'm sure we're right at the top.

Plus the fact it was us that gave them their start means we'll be well thought of.

Not sure I’d use the term jewel in the crown, but had they gone with another on of their clubs first it would have been easier for them than at first with us. We might be in the smallest league, but they don’t have a bigger club!

In terms of unit sales I would have thought us and Newscastle would be relatively close. We were 100% the springboard for them into the football market.
I would think our sales would blow Newcastle out the water ? I know they’re a well supported club but not on the same level as us imo.

Sooner we’re rid the better.

The kit last year with the defunct company logo at the back is just one of many examples of the omnishambles.

The kit last year with the defunct company logo at the back is just one of many examples of the omnishambles.
So if BoxT go bust tomorrow you would expect Castore to pick up the bill for replacing all the tops sold ?

Ours and Newcastles shirt sales wouldn't even be close. We probably sell near as much as they do in Northern Ireland alone. Although with the way of the world and their money now, give it 2 years and they'll probably sell more than us

Ours and Newcastles shirt sales wouldn't even be close. We probably sell near as much as they do in Northern Ireland alone. Although with the way of the world and their money now, give it 2 years and they'll probably sell more than us
We'll sell more in the UK. They'll sell more worldwide. Is my guess.

Value to them is literally via sales only, and we will still outsell most other (if not all) of their clients.

Wonder how Castore see the value of Rangers in their business these days given the number of clubs they make kit for now. We certainly helped put them on the map with football club I think but what is the value of our business worth to them? How do you think our kit sells in comparison to their other clubs? Do you think Rangers will have as prestigious a contract as say Newcastle United

Would be really interesting set of figures I’m sure if we were able to get them somehow as we have heard nothing much from the Behon brothers now we are not their only big concern. We used to get interviews and info, we were the test case for their business when dealing with a proper big club and were the ones where all their teething troubles were ironed out
We are. We're their biggest club and seller by a massive margin.

So if BoxT go bust tomorrow you would expect Castore to pick up the bill for replacing all the tops sold ?
No but their solution to covering it up was utterly amateur.

Every home kit apart from the 2020-21 kit was dull & underwhelming.

The quality of the kits being produced in different places early doors but selling it as the same.

That orange effort from last year was embarrassing in design, yet folk still lapped it up.

Need I go on?

We needed them & they definitely needed us back then. Now? Not so much.

The quality of the kits being produced in different places early doors but selling it as the same.

That orange effort from last year was embarrassing in design, yet folk still lapped it up.

Need I go on?

Who else is going to run our retail operation? Adidas & Nike certainly won’t.

No idea how much Rangers are getting a year, but Feyenoord signed a deal for around 8.4 million a year with them for a 5 year period and more distribution options.

That's not castores fault? Blame the club for that shambles

Personally I've no issues with castore, teething issues early on yes, but my only issue is their sizing being all over thr place.

Need I go on?

No easy way to cover up a logo that they were asked to apply.

All the strips have sold like never before. Not sure what you are expecting. Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal and Spurs are no better.

I think Andy Murray was their first success story and got them into the sports markets.

Their deal with us the coincided with two very major achievements that carried a lot if traffic online and in the news.

We had Gerrard and Defoe giving us and added extra in England and during our recent success in Europe BT Sport were pushing us front and centre.

I've no doubt all of that gave Castore an edge when bidding for others clubs.

I'm also pretty confident Bisgrove won't be slow to remind them of that during any commercial deal talks.

I wonder if there would be a time when Castore would consider the fact they need to run our retail side of things a headache they don't need any more? Is it a long term strategy for us to farm our that or was it a moment in time thing that needs to change?

They have fingers in a lot of pies now

F1
Moto Gp
Rugby
Cricket

And some of the major leagues

We aint their flagship but we’ll sell a lot of Units

According to David Edgar the club love Castore as they pay us a lot of money and it’s on time for very time. As a commercial partner that’s a massive plus.
Unless the club get a massive offer from an adidas or Nike then I reckon we’ll renew our agreement post 2025
Think it's unlikely we switch also. Fans moan but I get the impression the castore and rangers relationship is very good

They have the retail side and pay us a lot. Also don't think they're bad at all, I'd be surprised if we're not with castore in future. Still stand by what I've said, they will be one of the big sport kits manufacturers when all us said and done. Their growth is insane in just Few years

Need I go on?

Could you genuinely suggest a better after sales solution to the sponsor issue. That would have worked to cover 1000s and 1000s of jerseys? Totally agree it was an eyesore but Castore didn't chose to have a sponsor go bust?

Everything else you have said is personal choice so it's hard to argue with that. It doesn't suit your taste so every other Rangers supporter must have bad taste is heavy wee man syndrome vibes.

Truth is if Castore walked away tomorrow we would be significantly disrupted. They run Rangers retail. They don't just provide the things we buy, they do the whole operation.

I don't like them too much, I don't buy a lot of their gear outside of our stuff.

But to have such a bent skew of their overall offering seems strange to me.

Think it's unlikely we switch also. Fans moan but I get the impression the castore and rangers relationship is very good

They have the retail side and pay us a lot. Also don't think they're bad at all, I'd be surprised if we're not with castore in future. Still stand by what I've said, they will be one of the big sport kits manufacturers when all us said and done. Their growth is insane in just Few years

Could you forsee a scenario ever where the running of our retail operation just becomes too cumbersome for them to want to keep managing?

Could you forsee a scenario ever where the running of our retail operation just becomes too cumbersome for them to want to keep managing?
Probably at some point but I'd like to think we'd want the stores back in our control anyways - it'd be a mutual phasing of it if it was too happen.

I just think we've for more important things to worry about than owning our stores atm. But in future I can't imagine we'd not want to own them either

Back