Castore Get Tavernier’s Name Wrong

Blame Castore all you like but it’s the club who are accountable. They chose the supplier and they put in the contracts, management systems and approval processes that should prevent tat clothing and embarrassing emails.

And the issue is, Bisgrove doesn’t care about the issues with Castore because his eyes have turned into pound signs. Not a problem the majority of the time and it’s great money is coming in but you can’t let the quality of products turn into a farce and believe me, it is a farce. Even at club level.

On the deal as well it should have never been agreed as long as it was. Especially when we are very possibly going to be playing Champions League football two seasons on the bounce. Manufacturers more suited to a club like ours would be throwing themselves at us now.

Not to sound like a fanboy or anything but the sooner we get shot of these chancers and go with a reputable company like Adidas the better.

They can't cope with the demand of a support of our size.

Their prices are also ridiculous for the quality control issues we're still getting.

Read the whole thread and see if you think they’re doing a good job.

Just because we’re no longer dealing with that particular lady's front bottom doesn’t mean we should accept mediocre shit from these two chancers.

But then you know that already.
I do know that they could do better, but the amount of grown men wetting their pants on here is ridiculous. Honestly wouldn’t think they had a life.

My training top is missing a couple of letters now so I get it, to a point. But we’re rid of the fat man, and getting far more money than we were. Some of our fans have a short memory - when it’s suits them that is.

The image was down to Castore I believe.
If that's true about the pricing it only adds to my arguement that the club are taking us for mugs. A jacket 30% more from same supplier...cmon

Looking back at the OP, this was actually sent out by Rangers:oops:.

The club does not manage the website or mailing, that is run by Velstar apparently, but content management will be the responsibility of the club again.

People may have fair gripes with Castore and their quality but we need to hold the right people to account where improvements need to be made. If the club mess up, let's not blame someone else.

Not to sound like a fanboy or anything but the sooner we get shot of these chancers and go with a reputable company like Adidas the better.

They can't cope with the demand of a support of our size.

Their prices are also ridiculous for the quality control issues we're still getting.
We are paying a premium for an increase in quality remember. It’s their business model. Apparently

And the issue is, Bisgrove doesn’t care about the issues with Castore because his eyes have turned into pound signs. Not a problem the majority of the time and it’s great money is coming in but you can’t let the quality of products turn into a farce and believe me, it is a farce. Even at club level.

On the deal as well it should have never been agreed as long as it was. Especially when we are very possibly going to be playing Champions League football two seasons on the bounce. Manufacturers more suited to a club like ours would be throwing themselves at us now.
There's a hell of a lot of supporters wearing blinkers when it comes to the quality of the products they are buying in support of our club. And with that, our club should be taking a far more serious regard to the poor quality on display from Castore, but no, they are raking it in, don't upset the apple cart.........

I do know that they could do better, but the amount of grown men wetting their pants on here is ridiculous. Honestly wouldn’t think they had a life.

My training top is missing a couple of letters now so I get it, to a point. But we’re rid of the fat man, and getting far more money than we were. Some of our fans have a short memory - when it’s suits them that is.
You’re conflating two different things mate. It’s like saying we should just put up with Castore’s repeated screw ups just because they’re not Ashley. The two things aren’t connected. Or at least they shouldn’t be.

Castore came in full of bluster about quality and understanding the needs and demands of Rangers as a club and support. Do you really think they’ve delivered on that? It would seem many don’t.

Venting on a message board doesn’t seem an inappropriate action. We’re still clearly buying the stuff left right and centre. It’s not folk wetting their pants, it’s folk frustrated by a couple of fake-it-til-you-make-it lads that we are making very rich but yet who seem unable to learn from their continued mistakes.

I don't think anyone is unhappy that the club are making more money, but It amazes me how people love to throw around the "panty wetting" type patter and pitchforks stuff to play down any issue that arises where Castore are concerned....and we all know there are plenty of those.

Complaining about something that is substandard is quite normal behaviour, and typing a post or two about it on a forum to say we deserve better doesn't really take much effort or mean you don't have a life lol.

It's those complainers, moaners and those that care about standards in all areas no matter how small it may seem to others that we should be thankful for if anything. If everyone just settled for mediocrity then nothing would ever improve.

If your training top is missing letters then send it back and let them know it's not good enough.

You’re conflating two different things mate. It’s like saying we should just put up with Castore’s repeated screw ups just because they’re not Ashley. The two things aren’t connected. Or at least they shouldn’t be.

Castore came in full of bluster about quality and understanding the needs and demands of Rangers as a club and support. Do you really think they’ve delivered on that? It would seem many don’t.

Venting on a message board doesn’t seem an inappropriate action. We’re still clearly buying the stuff left right and centre. It’s not folk wetting their pants, it’s folk frustrated by a couple of fake-it-til-you-make-it lads that we are making very rich but yet who seem unable to learn from their continued mistakes.
IMO people are still overly angry, feel a bit bad for them. Maybe I’m too relaxed about things in general.

However I’ll leave it that I’m so happy that we’re away from fat Mike and we’re getting good money in that maybe I’m too relaxed about things like this. Maybe the wrong attitude to have.

Mate, I think we can both agree that we’d like Castore to do a lot better even if we have differing opinions on how bad things are now.

If your training top is missing letters then send it back and let them know it's not good enough.
I’ve had plenty of strips over the years, Rangers tops, Training tops, other teams kits that have peeled or faded after a year just never thought - or massively cared - even to send it back after a year. But each to their own mate.

They just don't inspire confidence on a fairly regular basis do they? A silly mistake but one that should never make it passed the people involved in marketing etc.

Castore have stated that Newcastle are their flagship deal so we should be prepared for even more shite from them for the remainder of the contract. People defending them need their heads checked.

It’s a bad day when I got the email and looked at the strip and never even noticed the error!

I’ve had plenty of strips over the years, Rangers tops, Training tops, other teams kits that have peeled or faded after a year just never thought - or massively cared - even to send it back after a year. But each to their own mate.

I think we all have mate, but the difference here is that these are not lasting anywhere near a year. They are either flawed from purchase whether it be laughably bad stitching or otherwise, either that there are letters peeling off after only a handful of washes.

On the flip side I've also got tops from the 90's and 2000's that are in much better nick and been through tons of washes.

Fair enough if you're happy enough settling with things as they are but I just don't see why others should be mocked or ridiculed for not being quite as easily pleased.

It's not just about the kits themselves here, but standards in all areas. We should be thankful for the complainers and whingers of the world who always want better.

There is zero chance that isn’t checked by the club before its released through their mailing list.

Amateurs at both the club and Castore. Match made in heaven.

Amateur hour when we can't even get our captains name right.

Your first two words sum it up mate.
It’s Absolutely Shocking.!
While Gerrard is pushing the footballing side of things to a first class professional standard.
We’re being let down by childish mistakes elsewhere.

Their non Rangers stuff I have is actually pretty good. The few Rangers items I have have also been ok, no issues. However, the fact our anthem jacket is £20 more the Newcastles and even the identical water bottle is £5 more makes me think they are starting to rip the pish
Everything we put out is sold out in days. They know it. We know it. So why try hard?

Hmmm not sure that's a good enough excuse
It would be if the poor soul who fukd up was your son! Anyway, poor show not being spotted which would probably only have raised some embarrassed head shaking had it not been for the ticket office fiasco this week. Btw, seems a lot of restlessness among FF bears and most of us haven’t even seen the team live for almost 2 years! Let’s hope we don’t lose a goal at the weekend, or perish the thought, fail to win another friendly!

I'm assuming those calling Castore cowboys, amateurs, wideos, chancers etc that need binned asap for this (plus throw in Bisgrove and the board too) share the same opinion on Jimmy Bell for his Roofe/Roffe error last season ..?

:rolleyes:

Seriously, the reaction to this is far more embarrassing than the actual error itself.

Back