Castore Get Tavernier’s Name Wrong

It’s all been said before, but there really isn’t any excusing stuff like this. This is a company that’s representing a football club with a turnover in the tens of millions and they are making these mistakes. The marketing has to be on the ball, JD every mistake will be jumped upon.

When I send a Mailchimp to my 500-odd subscribers, I triple check every section on the email to make sure there aren’t mistakes.

Why have I got higher standards than the kit manufacturer to one of the biggest football clubs in Europe? Realistically, what avenues of complaint do we have with Castore, and what contract breaks are there in place? There hasn’t been a single month in the relationship with Castore that has been free from shocking product quality, withholding refunds or some other nonsense that you’d expect from a stall in the Forge.

It’s all been said before, but there really isn’t any excusing stuff like this. This is a company that’s representing a football club with a turnover in the tens of millions and they are making these mistakes. The marketing has to be on the ball, JD every mistake will be jumped upon.

When I send a Mailchimp to my 500-odd subscribers, I triple check every section on the email to make sure there aren’t mistakes.

Why have I got higher standards than the kit manufacturer to one of the biggest football clubs in Europe? Realistically, what avenues of complaint do we have with Castore, and what contract breaks are there in place? There hasn’t been a single month in the relationship with Castore that has been free from shocking product quality, withholding refunds or some other nonsense that you’d expect from a stall in the Forge.
They have to be publicly held to account by the club at this stage

Castore being Castore again.

Yet we’ll still have people defending them and making excuses…
I haven’t and won’t give that outfit a penny. I’ve never been impressed with their products and this just confirms how half-arsed they really are. If this happened at the other place, we’d be laughing our heads off.

I realise this is far down the track, but the sooner we get linked up with professionals like Nike or Adidas instead, the better.

I'm assuming those calling Castore cowboys, amateurs, wideos, chancers etc that need binned asap for this (plus throw in Bisgrove and the board too) share the same opinion on Jimmy Bell for his Roofe/Roffe error last season ..?

:rolleyes:

Seriously, the reaction to this is far more embarrassing than the actual error itself.

None of them would get near the bin, it’s full of Castore products. A bit like Patrick Reed who ripped up his Castore deal after only 3 months as their products were falling apart. Funnily, Castore have refused to comment or maybe they haven’t read the emails from the media asking them about it....they don’t like responding.

This kind of shit is annoying. Typos happen but if one word on the email needed to be right, it was that one. It’ll be interesting how it goes with their new deals with other clubs. Part of me wonders if they’re deliberately trolling or making an arse of it.

I'm assuming those calling Castore cowboys, amateurs, wideos, chancers etc that need binned asap for this (plus throw in Bisgrove and the board too) share the same opinion on Jimmy Bell for his Roofe/Roffe error last season ..?

:rolleyes:

Seriously, the reaction to this is far more embarrassing than the actual error itself.
I'm so glad the rest of the support aren't as gutter level as you are when it comes to basic expectations.

Jimmy Bell making one mistake (that I'm aware of) isn't the same as Castore's continual mistakes.

I agree but the thread/op is literally about a spelling mistake on a shirt though mate. Just trying to point out the overreaction.

Both are mistakes - Bell's is actually worse if you think about it as he sent a player on the pitch with it - but In reality theyre both nothing more than small errors, both slightly amusing, although I wouldnt say that to Jimmy's face haha and genuinely not worth getting worked up about.

But guess that's just my gutter low standards as I've been politely informed.

Such an angry forum at times over the most minuscule things.

I agree but the thread/op is literally about a spelling mistake on a shirt though mate. Just trying to point out the overreaction.

Both are mistakes - Bell's is actually worse if you think about it as he sent a player on the pitch with it - but In reality theyre both nothing more than small errors, both slightly amusing, although I wouldnt say that to Jimmy's face haha and genuinely not worth getting worked up about.

I'd completely agree with everything you've said, except for one reason. This isn't Castore's first mistake, there have been countless in just over a year and they don't seem to be getting any better.

While yes, this thread is about the misspelling of Tavernier on an email and that's hardly the crime of the century, the frustrations in the thread are from it being another Castore mistake.

That's how I see it anyway. But I've already come to terms with Castore being a let down so this doesn't get me riled.

Not sure how you proofread a graphic but I imagine some design agency somewhere will be getting their googlies thoroughly kicked and their fees quietly forgotten about for this one. o_O

I think the point is that it’s the umpteenth mistake they’ve made. There’s no point in gauging the reaction to the latest one as though it’s an isolated incident.

I think the point is that it’s the umpteenth mistake they’ve made. There’s no point in gauging the reaction to the latest one as though it’s an isolated incident.

Each to their own then mate. I see it in isolation (both the incident and the thread topic itself, as I know theres already another huge thread on Castore product quality, supply, customer care etc) as a simple mistake, probably from some fresh pimpled out of college junior graphic/web designer, that is nothing to get really annoyed about at all.

And the issue is, Bisgrove doesn’t care about the issues with Castore because his eyes have turned into pound signs. Not a problem the majority of the time and it’s great money is coming in but you can’t let the quality of products turn into a farce and believe me, it is a farce. Even at club level.

On the deal as well it should have never been agreed as long as it was. Especially when we are very possibly going to be playing Champions League football two seasons on the bounce. Manufacturers more suited to a club like ours would be throwing themselves at us now.

100%.
It should've been a two-year deal or three years at the most so we could bin the cowboys if the didn't deliver quality goods, which they've spectacularly failed to do.

As you say, as champions and with CL football, we'd have proper quality companies fighting over us.
Instead, we've got a five-year deal with this shambolic bunch of chancers.

Back