Castore Growth

BlueSeaOfIbrox

Castore kit designs so far have been a headf**k

Example last season. After the black away and purple 3rd top disasters, they then produced great-looking Pioneers and Legends kits

Even the leaked away top for this season (below). Can't help thinking they have wasted a decent design by plastering a huge red patch on it for no reason
away22.jpg
I think they try to play it too safe with the main kits and it ends up looking hideous.

The legends, pioneers, and most of the training gear has been excellent designs. Feels like when there's less pressure or more freedom, they do good.

BlueSeaOfIbrox

I’m probably 100% wrong but I can’t help but feel Ashley is involved somewhere here. They basically went from being like the knicker factory in Corrie to supplying multiple teams all over the world. Just doesn’t add
Them offering good deals with clubs is probably a big factor as it was for us. Then showing they can handle (no laughing at the back) a big club like us, makes it an easy choice for a lot of clubs

stewie_griffin

I love the choice we get, multiple trainings tops etc is class as no one will like everything so you hopefully find at least one thing you do like.

Any deal we get id like heavily tied in with performance as the stuff flys off the shelf.

Albertz'rightpeg

I like the quality of their stuff but I placed an order on 23rd June and haven't got a dispatch date yet.

I've emailed them 9 times and haven't had a reply to the last 5.

Their customer service and logistics are an absolute shambles.
I'm in the same boat. Ordered the same day as yourself and like you haven't had a reply to 3 of the 4 emails

Mr. T.

All about opinions, I guess.

I've been really impressed with the strip designs, but even more so with their training range.
Last seasons training tops were top drawer.

I haven’t had any quality issues either tbh.

Like I say though, it's all about personal taste and each to their own.
Except when you are in the kit police - then you have to criticise and moan about everything (even if you don’t really want to).

GS94

I’m a big fan of Joma, they do some really nice kits and the pricing isn’t too bad usually.

For example what they’ve done with the CD Leganes kit this season is great. Has the Madrid skyline in it

Have you seen the new Crystal Palace home top? Macron did an amazing job with it!

1BadMouse

The F1 Gear looks poor noticed threads hanging off Landos Polo at weekend

The few bits ive bought id class as average certainly not designer quality

Middle of the road brand for me but they are relatively new so can only improve

Hoosier Ranger

I’m probably 100% wrong but I can’t help but feel Ashley is involved somewhere here. They basically went from being like the knicker factory in Corrie to supplying multiple teams all over the world. Just doesn’t add

They are well connected now in the football communities via Bisgrove and his EPL/UEFA network.

Forth Bear

Have you seen the new Crystal Palace home top? Macron did an amazing job with it!

A similar design to this would be a tremendous away top for us.

munkoomccoist

They’ve somehow marketed themselves as a higher end brand, they will need to keep that going as long as possible because their designs are nothing special.

People sneered at the thought of us using Macron or Joma, but their stuff is way ahead of Castore.
Never been too impressed by Macron, until o seen the new Palace kit earlier

I’ve had a number of different items for myself and the kids, between Rangers gear, golf gear and general sports tops , they have all been quality. I wouldn’t hesitate in buying from them again.

foxinthebox

Are we still having the same quality issues with their gear, not seen an update to the big thread that was on here from 55 season when logos and badges were falling off or missing. have these issues been sorted out now

I have bought a few things since Castore came in (mostly training gear) and not had a single issue, and the two replica tops I bought were not even worn as they were framed straight away.

blueismycolour

Official Ticketer
They were good for us and we were good for them but the sooner both parties go their own ways the better.
I'm still of the belief our broad underestimated our buying power and the deal with Castore could've been much more to our advantage financially.

We put them on the footballing map and I'd say they have benefited beyond their wildest deams, we the Rangers supporters made them a major player within the footballing community, one party as I've said, can't believe their luck, we came along at the right time.

We'll be millionaires by Christmas, as someone once said. ;)

blueismycolour

Official Ticketer
Castore kit designs so far have been a headf**k

Example last season. After the black away and purple 3rd top disasters, they then produced great-looking Pioneers and Legends kits

Even the leaked away top for this season (below). Can't help thinking they have wasted a decent design by plastering a huge red patch on it for no reason
away22.jpg
Castore certainly lack imagination from a design point of view, going over old ground seems to work for them. And that won't stop until we stop buying, as we know, that's not going to happen anytime soon. So they will delighted with that prospect along with our shareholders.

OrbearStein9

They lost my future money, after they (and Bisgrove) proclaimed they refused to use Eastern European sweat shops, and my first purchase had a "Made In Turkey" badge.
Couple of Scouse chancers IMHO.

TheEgg

I'm seriously unimpressed with their Rangers stuff. Constantly ripping off old designs for the strips and using zero imagination.

Much preferred Hummel to Castore.

The problem is the support dont have the appetite for new modern football strips.

Everyone wants “retro”

I genuinely cant wait till the day we get a modern strip, something outside the box

BlueSeaOfIbrox

No coincidence who owns Flannels.
Castore are marketing themselves as a high end brand

The biggest high end brand store is probably flannels. I'd say Ashley owns most shops that sell designer gear tbh. Van mildert, flannels, frasers, usc, only ones I can think of that doesn't have his fingers in is online stores, small lesser known independent shops, brands own stores and maybe tessuti?

I don't think it's a coincidence I think largely, for retail presence, you aren't left with much choice.

dt17

A mate of mine.....
The England cricket team gear is super - great quality.

Have no idea why punters want to return to being a small fish in the Nike or adidas pond.

Because Nike and Adidas are actual brands who make quality stuff, Nike especially.

Castore stuff looks tacky as %^*&. Make a cheap polo shirt and whack their awful oversized logo on it then charge a fortune.

KGR98

Castore cosying up to Ashley with a concession in the new Flannels flagship store in Liverpool. From a strictly business point of view this probably makes sense for them but you would think they would be aware of how toxic many football fans find Ashley and avoid something like this.

They need to do what best for their business and Ashley has a strangle hold in the sporting clothes market

jprfc

The biggest high end brand store is probably flannels. I'd say Ashley owns most shops that sell designer gear tbh. Van mildert, flannels, frasers, usc, only ones I can think of that doesn't have his fingers in is online stores, small lesser known independent shops, brands own stores and maybe tessuti?

I don't think it's a coincidence I think largely, for retail presence, you aren't left with much choice.
Spot on mate as much as we all hate the fat man he's difficult to avoid. Where I live the only shops for designer gear ( Flannels, Van Mildert,, etc ) are his .

Davidmckrangers

Official Ticketer

I always thought tessuti was his shop aswell.

Could be completly wrong but i was always ure he owned that.

BlueSeaOfIbrox

Spot on mate as much as we all hate the fat man he's difficult to avoid. Where I live the only shops for designer gear ( Flannels, Van Mildert,, etc ) are his .
The secret is to use his shops to look about and try sizes on. Then go home and order it online :)) smearing dog shite on changing room handles optional :p

dublinbluenose

They need to do what best for their business and Ashley has a strangle hold in the sporting clothes market
As you say castore are gong to do the best by their business that is and should be the only consideration for them.they are not going to make a business decision based on some random posting on a message board raging about the doing business with sport direct.if we do leave castore and do deals with a Nike or adidas our tops are still going to be sold in sports direct shops.

Deco1978

Castore should remember who gave them the platform to grow and give us a hundred billion dollars.

KGR98

As you say castore are gong to do the best by their business that is and should be the only consideration for them.they are not going to make a business decision based on some random posting on a message board raging about the doing business with sport direct.if we do leave castore and do deals with a Nike or adidas our tops are still going to be sold in sports direct shops.
We don't own castore and can't boss them around and tell them what to do we are a client of theirs they will have life after Rangers and Rangers will have life after Castore

Neilston Unionist

The England cricket team gear is super - great quality.

Have no idea why punters want to return to being a small fish in the Nike or adidas pond.
Sorry mate but whilst it’s evident that Castore are capable of producing quality gear for tennis and cricket, nothing they have made for Rangers is anywhere near that level of quality. I’ve bought multiple kits and training gear and none of it is anywhere near the quality of anything Nike or Adidas that I own and not to mention inconsistent sizing. Our blue kit is literally sized differently from the orange one.

We’re hardly a big fish getting bespoke treatment either, said orange kit this season is the exact same as the away white one a couple seasons back.

Wish they’d focus on the basics rather than doing things like releasing four colours of the same quarter zip (which I own two of! :D)

Last edited:

tr0211

Official Ticketer
This season's home kit is the best they've done for us, an absolute cracker.
I'm not so sure about the home top this season. Saw it in the shop and felt underwhelmed by it. I'm definitely going to buy a top before the Spurs game, but can't make up my mind to go with the home or the 3rd orange top.

MightyGersLand!

I'm seriously unimpressed with their Rangers stuff. Constantly ripping off old designs for the strips and using zero imagination.

Much preferred Hummel to Castore.
That's very subjective.
1000s on here have been calling for old designs to come back.

They've listened to the vocal minority!/majority.

I like every Rangers top, I'm fashion blind, so don't have a horse in the race.

But you are letting your personal preference dictate their quality.

Glasgowsteve

Not got this seasons kit but I really liked the blue/orange warm up top and home kit last year. I decided to get it in the store to avoid any of the reported quality issues. I’ve haven’t noticed any with the stuff I bought but there were a few suspect items in there with out of place creases and squint letters.
So hopefully this will iron itself out and there will be some creative effort from them soon. After all they’re not the cheapest tops around.
However, if we as a club are making more money and all that then I’m happy. Fwiw I think Castore were overwhelmed by the demand but by picking up new contracts I think they will be upping their game.

Nyrmetros

Rangers
Newcastle
Wolves
Aston Villa
Sevilla
Almeria
AC Bilbao
Bayer Leverkusen
England Cricket
South Africa Cricket
Kent Cricket Team