Castore on the up

Alfie’s alright now

Looks like Castore have hit the jackpot! With sales from Rangers they must be somersaulting. And now they’re into Golf,tennis and see they have added cricket to the list (T20 Kent v Somerset) which seems to be growing daily.

Forgetting any issue on quality (I had none on any merch, I or my sons got) I do love the Castore logo and think it could well become iconic.

Yeah they have been very busy signing which are no doubt mega lucrative contracts.

England Cricket Team
Newcastle
Villa
Wolves
Seville
Leverkusen
Feyenord
Hamburg (maybe have that wrong)

I think the Rangers stuff is garbage quality when compared to my kids Nike footy strips - my son has a few Nike (Vapor Pro shirts) different class

Yeah they have been very busy signing which are no doubt mega lucrative contracts.

England Cricket Team
Newcastle
Villa
Wolves
Seville
Leverkusen
Feyenord
Hamburg (maybe have that wrong)

I think the Rangers stuff is garbage quality when compared to my kids Nike footy strips - my son has a few Nike (Vapor Pro shirts) different class

Poor Hamburg. Have they not suffered enough?

I don’t know what it is, castore just doesn’t feel like a sports brand. Not sure if it’s the word or the logo, it just feels more like fashion and not sport.

They’ve still not found a signature design. Everything they produce feels off the cuff and changes from team to team. When you look at a Nike or adidas, you can pretty much guarantee certain elements.

I don’t know what it is, castore just doesn’t feel like a sports brand. Not sure if it’s the word or the logo, it just feels more like fashion and not sport.

They’ve still not found a signature design. Everything they produce feels off the cuff and changes from team to team. When you look at a Nike or adidas, you can pretty much guarantee certain elements.
A lifestyle brand is the term I think you're looking for.

Its great to see a British brand doing well and perhaps even challenging the big German and American brands. I know they have had quality problems but they only started in 2016 and had the pandemic to deal with as well.

The English cricket contract is a ten year deal. I notice they have signed up swimmer Adam Peaty as well.

No issue wit this at all as the door swings both ways.

They gained exposure and money that they probably wouldn't have got with any other club, which allowed them to expand rapidly.

We got out from an onerous contract with a boatload of cash on top of the base payments, as I imagine we have surpassed our targets. More importantly that boring old money is we have data that we can use when going out to other partners/sponsors/manufacturers in the future.

When does the Castore deal end?

I'd like to think we'd get a better deal now having won a championship and gotten to a European final.

Back