Castore Sales Up 80% in 8 weeks Sunday Times today

I like the look of their golf shirts but the colours are a bit on the meh !
Has anyone bought them ? Is the quality and fit ok?

I’d say that increase is almost entirely down to us. When we had the news about buying kits a couple of years ago whilst with PUMA, all three kits were the top selling items in Europe for the brand for a 3-4 weeks. It’s why I wasn’t surprised to see them back in the running this time, they knew the huge scope of a free-to-buy fan base.

Just wait until 1st August when the company will go through the roof. My worry is people have shot there bolt and spent a lot already without Rangers getting any material benefit other than a nod in our direction.

For 80 minutes then most have a train to catch
z6iCUye.gif

80% in 8 weeks before their biggest move into football retail is remarkable given the circumstances we all are facing.I can't wait to buy my 3 year old grandson his first Rangers strip.Future is looking good with this link up.

Further evidence (as if we need any more) of the economic leverage the Rangers support have at their disposal.
If we ever get our act together we would be supporting those who support us and boycott those who will harm our club at every available opportunity.
Time to get smart. Hope springs eternal.

Castore will be more than pleased with this surge in sales already. They will be genuinely shocked when they realise the massive demand for our new kit and other Rangers merchandise. They are now entering the big time.

Andy Murray’s kit
A sportswear brand backed by Sir Andy Murray has seen its sales leap. With no need to spend money on dressing up for a night out, sales of Castore’s T-shirts and hoodies are up by more than 80% in the past 10 weeks. Tom Beahon, who co-founded the Liverpool-based brand with brother Phil in 2016, has brought forward investment in its website to handle the higher volumes. Castore plans to hire 30-50 new staff in areas such as marketing and product design.

The Beahons, 30 and 27 respectively, have attracted investors including Net-a-Porter co-founder Arnaud Massenet. An £8m deal signed last year saw Murray, 33, take a seat on the company’s board. Castore signed a kit deal with Glasgow Rangers earlier this month and expects to land deals with other European football clubs.

I like fact they have a factory ready to make only Rangers merchandise exclusively. They know and expect an incredible amount of sales,let's hope they can keep up with the demand.

Is it right they are doing two ranges of each top a replica and a team quality top too?
What's wrong about that?

A decent replica priced competitively with other clubs shirts, plus a premium version for those that choose to pay more and want the same quality that the players are wearing. That's exactly the way it should be. We should be grateful that we have that choice.

And before anyone starts about the 'cost'.... that's fn life. Theres plenty things I want but can't afford but that doesn't mean they shoudn't be sold to those who can.

Further evidence (as if we need any more) of the economic leverage the Rangers support have at their disposal.
If we ever get our act together we would be supporting those who support us and boycott those who will harm our club at every available opportunity.
Time to get smart. Hope springs eternal.

There's real opportunity with that. For example, the Club via MyGers subscribers negotiating special deals and offers similar to Martin Lewis cheap energy club.

I bought a couple of baseball caps, and a couple of hoodys (for the kids)

Quality is very very good.

I’ve bought two polos and two pairs of shorts, all superb quality.

However note their Twitter account is fake and is a Tim at the wind up, of course. The #bluepound stuff can be ignored.
Embarrassing the amount of our fans that think that's a real account.

Slightly off topic but for those who have bought stuff - what is the sizing like?

Father’s Day is just around the corner so the big man is getting a Castore polo.

I wonder if they will bring out some under stated type Rangers gear?
There are a lot of folk, including me, who don’t want Casual gear emblazoned with badges etc but would like stuff that has some link to the club.
Perhaps Castore gear generally now will identify bears!

What's wrong about that?

A decent replica priced competitively with other clubs shirts, plus a premium version for those that choose to pay more and want the same quality that the players are wearing. That's exactly the way it should be. We should be grateful that we have that choice.

And before anyone starts about the 'cost'.... that's fn life. Theres plenty things I want but can't afford but that doesn't mean they shoudn't be sold to those who can.
Nothing wrong with that I'd rather pay the extra for the premium version, I was only asking as I thought I heard that somewhere.

How much for a home top ?

Thats the biggest question needs answered

probably between £40-50 you'd think as Tom from the company said on various podcasts they'd go for the usual price you'd expect to pay for a kit which is away from their usual pricing for gear as shown by the mentions of their website in here

the premium one would obviously be a bit dearer as that's general practice at a lot of European clubs for fans who want that

Thought there sales would go up, but 80% is great for them. As others have said it will show other future partners what we have to offer.

I wonder if they will bring out some under stated type Rangers gear?
There are a lot of folk, including me, who don’t want Casual gear emblazoned with badges etc but would like stuff that has some link to the club.
Perhaps Castore gear generally now will identify bears!

Mark asked the question in the FF Q&A. Question starts at 25:55.

probably between £40-50 you'd think as Tom from the company said on various podcasts they'd go for the usual price you'd expect to pay for a kit which is away from their usual pricing for gear as shown by the mentions of their website in here

the premium one would obviously be a bit dearer as that's general practice at a lot of European clubs for fans who want that

what is a premium one ?

40-50? No chance. Most big clubs shirts are 60 quid on release, what ours have been last two seasons at least. Premium shirts usually go between 90-110 depending on how they are made .badges usually printed on and very sports cut, so won’t be for everyone, not really designed for every day use as expected to be worn a few times and replaced.

When the interviews and press releases came it made me think of the cycling clothing brand rapha.cc

they were a premium niche brand launch for many years then went mainline with a Team Sky merchandise and kit sponsorship .
Sky kit came in regular and premium ranges, and I think they done quite well .
Rapha.cc sell mostly direct too , with some swanky boutique partnerships.

CaStore seem to have some similarities .

They should have a real man range. Real men choose Castore. ( real=a little chunky btw:p)

edit... fat folk exercise too!!

Back