Castore Sales Up 80% in 8 weeks Sunday Times today

It would be fantastic if we were the club that made their brand go stratospheric.
Let's be honest, they took a bit of a punt on us and we took an even bigger punt opting for a relatively unknown quantity in them.
The fact that it all seems to be taking off is fantastic news for everyone involved.

probably between £40-50 you'd think as Tom from the company said on various podcasts they'd go for the usual price you'd expect to pay for a kit which is away from their usual pricing for gear as shown by the mentions of their website in here

the premium one would obviously be a bit dearer as that's general practice at a lot of European clubs for fans who want that
Try £60 - 70 being the price for a strip. This seasons Hummel were £60

When the interviews and press releases came it made me think of the cycling clothing brand rapha.cc

they were a premium niche brand launch for many years then went mainline with a Team Sky merchandise and kit sponsorship .
Sky kit came in regular and premium ranges, and I think they done quite well .
Rapha.cc sell mostly direct too , with some swanky boutique partnerships.

CaStore seem to have some similarities .
They were a fantastic company- bought a lot of their gear when I had my Bianchi.

Slightly off topic but for those who have bought stuff - what is the sizing like?

Father’s Day is just around the corner so the big man is getting a Castore polo.

I'm a medium and I got the Carlos Jacket in medium. It's a perfect fit for me, length wise, sleeve length etc. It's not roomy but I guess it's not supposed to be as it's aimed at proper athletes but it's really comfortable to wear running. :D

When the interviews and press releases came it made me think of the cycling clothing brand rapha.cc

they were a premium niche brand launch for many years then went mainline with a Team Sky merchandise and kit sponsorship .
Sky kit came in regular and premium ranges, and I think they done quite well .
Rapha.cc sell mostly direct too , with some swanky boutique partnerships.

CaStore seem to have some similarities .
That was exactly the view I’d had of them as I’ve become aware of them over the past couple of years. Very, very Rapha like consumer profiling and the Murray deal originally seemed like their Team Sky.

I’ve actually met Simon Mottram a few times, and had dinner with him and a small handful of other businessmen, and he was unashamed about the market they targeted and the price point they positioned themselves at. He gave a bit of relevant insight into the decision to sell through partners, in particular, off the back of the Team Sky deal, when he would much, much prefer to have stuck to direct only.

More recently, I’ve had a similar dinner with Steve Hewitt of Gymshark, who have stuck to their direct only model (so far). The conversation with him more surrounded the challenges of ramping up their distribution chain to meet the exponential growth and deliver globally. That’s a very relevant challenge for Castore, but the Gymshark model shows it can be done and done quickly. They’ll comfortably break £200m this year and will sell to more than 130 countries. The pictures Hewitt showed us of their previous logistics solution were incredible; utter chaos and far too small to meet the demand. And that was less than 3 years ago...

There are definitely models for Castore to learn from, and listening to the brothers, it sounds like they have.

What's wrong about that?

A decent replica priced competitively with other clubs shirts, plus a premium version for those that choose to pay more and want the same quality that the players are wearing. That's exactly the way it should be. We should be grateful that we have that choice.

And before anyone starts about the 'cost'.... that's fn life. Theres plenty things I want but can't afford but that doesn't mean they shoudn't be sold to those who can.
You looking for a fight? :)

No one has said there is anything wrong with it.

People are just trying to get a scope of what will be on offer.

Looks like their factories are geared up, hopefully their website is as well!!

Some nice stuff especially for golf. Anyone bought a polo shirt? Are the sizes normal fit or best to go up a size etc? Normally a large for t shirts.
I bought an xl shirt and was too tight over my shoulders let alone my slim tummy lol
As Mr D alluded to on video they are going to make bigger shirts for our more Senior Brethren .

Well the fatter ones

Is the merch they have worth the price? I will support them because they are our partners but was thinking of holding off in case their RFC range is decent quality and comes with a discreet RFC crest on it as well.

Sounds promising going by Mark's interview.

You looking for a fight? :)

No one has said there is anything wrong with it.

People are just trying to get a scope of what will be on offer.

Looks like their factories are geared up, hopefully their website is as well!!
Ahhh. Looking back, the original post was ambiguous and could be taken one of two ways. I read it literally rather than perhaps in its intended form.

probably between £40-50 you'd think as Tom from the company said on various podcasts they'd go for the usual price you'd expect to pay for a kit which is away from their usual pricing for gear as shown by the mentions of their website in here

the premium one would obviously be a bit dearer as that's general practice at a lot of European clubs for fans who want that
It`s gonna be £60-£65 for the home top

Replica £65 minimum as per rrp

To think it was only 5 year ago our merchandise was shite like this and now it will be 165 quid tailored cut, patented waterproof fabric hoodies.

B4nMtqOIIAElBzL.jpg

Got a few things delivered today. Really happy with them.

One thing though I don’t think of myself as having a large head but bought a cap in the largest size they do and it’s very snug

The interview with Tom Beahon One of the founders was good on heart & hand . Talks about how they have to try different ways of competing against the bigger brands. Also said that there will be different price points for the replica strips. A top tier which will be same material as the players wear and another which will be the normal replica jerseys.

I had a look online last night with a view to placing another order, but a lot of items were out of stock. Good news for them if they're selling out, but hopefully they get more in soon. :D

these things dont go unnoticed by the major players, analysts for companies are all over this kinda thing

can only be good for our options in later years
Very important for us considering our recent history. We are rebuilding at all levels.

I would expect the gear to be quality and I would hope they are made available to North America/ Canada and down under.

Possibilities are massive.

I ordered last week. Placed the order on Monday night so they would have got it Tuesday morning. Item was shipped that day and delivered to me in Canada two days later.

Outstanding service.

Mine was ordered on Saturday and is hitting Calgary tomorrow. Internal delivery is slower...

Their gear looks quite smart.

Wee bit pricey, but i will do a shopping trip online when i am pished. ( which is quite often ) .

Got a couple of items now and they are all fantastic. The cap I ordered doesn’t sit all that great with the elastic bit at back but fine enough.

If folk have the time you need to check out either all or some of the Castore interviews with the club, FF, 4lads, H&H. All your delivery, pricing, sizing, manufacturing questions. EVERYTHING is there, we need to get away from waiting on the Daily Record telling us what our kit deal provides. There is no excuse buying from Elite even if the tops are only £15 %^*& Elite and %^*& last season's Hummel kit, start questioning why some fans know the answer to your question yet you don't...keep spreading the word about Castore. Go research and follow the fan led media accounts

Anything large in hummel i was bursting out of.

Just received a large in ‘havana tee’ fits great incredibly comfy.

Back